Jewelcrafting and Enchanting = huge profit 5-15k/day. Useful macros and tips. menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nekan's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewelcrafting and Enchanting = huge profit 5-15k/day. Useful macros and tips.

Edit:
    Added some info about Fire Prism
    Edit2:
    Added info about great addon for Enchanters Scroll Master
    Edit3:
    Added spreadsheet including Jewelcrafting/Prospecting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok this my frist contribute to MMOwned, some people probably know this, it was very very nice way to make quick and easy gold in BC, Wotlk and now in Cataclysm
    I'm using this since Burning Crusade and never had any problems with gold, if you mange to find some farmers (bot users or not) which will sell you cheap Obsidium Ore, Elementium Ore and Pyrite Ore is even more profitable.

Please post your results in this topic if you use this guide.

What you'll need to start this:

- Jewelcrafting min 425 skill but 460 for more profit (475 if you want to prospect Elementium Ore, 500 for Pyrite ore)
    - Enchanting min 425 skill but best to have 475, if you have more then its also nice becasue you can make some Vellums and sell for more profit then raw materials. Use Wowhead to see which are most profitable to sell on your realm.

A lot of people still don't know that you can buy Enchanting Vellum from enchanting vendors, around 8s each so 1.60g for stack of 20. I know that becasue I'm posting them on AH for 20-40g stack and still everyday people buy it from me

What items we're looking for:

- Carnelian
    - Jasper
    - Alicite
    - Jeweler's Setting Buy from JC vendor, 1.50g each, reputation dependend for me its 1.27g.
    Atm its not worth to cut Hessonite and Nightstone as they sell each on AH for 20-60g

What we'll make:

- Carnelian Spikes Don't trust Wowhead here, it disechant into 2-3 Large Celestial Essence and less often into 2-5 Hypnotic Dust, not Lesser Celestial Essence as it says on website.
    - Jasper Ring Disenchant into Hypnotic Dust 67% to get 1-3 and Lesser Celestial Essence 33% to get 1-3.
    - Alicite Pendant Disenchant into Hypnotic Dust 69% to get 1-3 and Lesser Celestial Essence 31% to get 1-3
    - Atm for me its not worth making (maybe on your realm it is) Nightstone Choker from Nighstones and Hessonite Band from Hessonite becasue I can get more from selling this raw gems then making rings and DE them.

Now all you need is to check prices of Greater/Lesser Celestial Essence and Hypnotic Dust, buy uncutted gems from AH and craft those items mentioned before.
    For instance on my realm Greater Celestial Essence sells for 50-65g each and 8-12g for each Hypnotic Dust, very often you can buy Carnelian for less then 15g (server dependent) so in worst case with 3x Jeweler's Setting price to make one is ~ 50g to make Carnelian Spike which mostly disenchant into 2-3 Large Celestial Essence

Here is result from Disenchanting 26 Carnelian Spikes:

54x Greater Celestial Essence x 50g = 2700g
    16x Hypnotic Dust x 9g = 144g
    Invested:
    78x Carnelians x 15g = 1170g
    78x Jeweler's Setting x 1.27g = 99g
    Summary: 1269g
    Profit:
    2844 - 1269 = 1575g (not included AH fee)
    So its like 1500g in hmm 10mins of work ?

Ofcourse same thing is with Jasper Ring and Alicite Pendant. You need to check prices on your realm to see is it profitbale. While cutting both of this there is one nice thing - you can get some of this rare random versions of Jasper Ring/Alicite Pendant which sell on AH for 60-200g while mats to make them are worth like 7 - 20g:
    - Alicite Pendant - rare version
    - Jasper ring - rare version
    Click links to see what you can get.
    As I said on my realm I can sell them from 60 to 200g each so I don't suggest to disenchant it, but if you're in need of Small Heavenly Shard you can do it

Same thing is with Nightstone Choker, Hessonite Band they also have chance to make rare version but atm on my realm its better to sell Nighstone/Hessonite gems uncuted as people need them for dailys and leveling JC.

I will post here later results of disechanting 50-100 Jasper Rings, don't have time now do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Prospecting Ores for gems:

If gems are too expensive in Auctions House you should buy:
    - Obsidium Ore Need 425 JC to prospect
    - Elementium Ore Need 475 JC to prospect
    - Pyrite Ore - Need 500 JC to prospect (used to be 525 but they changed it) Very often you can buy cheap Pyrite Ore and they have best chance for each prospect to get 1-2 rare gems like Inferno Ruby (uncutted sells for +100g). Also each prospect of 5 ores will give you 1-3 Volatile Earth, sometimes ONLY from selling Volatile Earths you cover whole price of stack for Pyrite

Now best thing is to check AH and see how many people sells ores, if you see someone selling lots of them you should catch him while he is online and make a deal with him, buying all his Ores cheaper then AH without fee, 80% sellers will go for it.

Very nice is also looking for farmers in trade chat, you should make macro like:
    "WTB stacks of Obsidium Ore 50g, Elementium Ore 60g, Pyrite Ore 150g - all you you have, C.O.D me or /w whisper for trade"
    (prices are server depenendat so I can't give you good price for your realm)

90% gems for this guide I've from prospecting Ores, its very nice and easy way to get them. With rare gems:
    - Amberjewel
    - Dream Emerald
    - Ember Topaz
    - Inferno Ruby
    - Demonseye
    - Ocean Sapphire

You have 2 options, sell them in AH uncutted or do daily Jewelcrafting quests, buy recipes like Rigid Ocean Sapphire (+40 hit rating) and sell cutted gems for more profit.

One more thing that you should rememeber if you need quick gold this gems:
    - Jasper
    - Alicite
    - Nightstone
    - Carnelian
    - Hessonite
    - Zephyrite

you can sell to vendor for 5g each so its 100g stack BUT if you cut them in any gems such as Bold Carnelian you can vendor each of it for 9g so you have 180g stack instead of 100g, its nice thing becasue you can do it while afk and get addon that auto sell them to vendor for you.

Useful macros:

Prospecting is easy, just put in on your bar, bind some key and do prospect while watching movies or something, if you have wireless mouse/keyboard you can do it from your bed
    Code:
    /cast prospecting
    /use elementium ore
    /use Obsidium Ore
    /use Pyrite Ore
    Remeber to turn on Auto Loot from Options/Interface/Controls

Disenchating is thing I had problems becasue if you make Jasper Ring it make random ring with long name such as Jasper ring ...of the Marksman, ...of the Bandit etc and you would need to put all of them in macros, while macro have 255 chars limit so you would need to make few of them But I found nice solution for this:

Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52307
    /use Carnelian Spikes
    Its all you need
    item:52306 - its any version of Jasper Ring, it will NOT disenchant rare Jasper Ring
    item:52307 - same as above but for Alicite Pendant, will NOT DE Alicite Pendant
    Others if you need, just paste them with /use in macro:
    - item:52312 - will DE all version of rare Alicite Pendant
    - item:52310 - as above Jasper Ring
    - item:52308 - Hessonite Band
    - item:52316 - Hessonite Band
    - item:52309 - Nightstone Choker
    - item:52314 - Nightstone Choker

I'll update it later with more disenchant results and some other stuff, for now I need to leave

Other tips:

Fire Prism - In Wotlk Icy Prism was mostly good invest becasue mats were cheap, at this point I don't suggest anyone to make Fire Prism, price of mats its like +200-300g, a chance of getting Chimera's Eye (200-300g on AH) is really low around 10% and most of time you will end with 1-3 gems like Dream Emerald so 15-90g top. Ofcourse if you feel like, go for it, sometimes you can end with 3x Inferno Ruby and Chimera's Eye but a chance for that is really really low. I think Blizz really need to think about revamp it becasue you need 18x uncommon gems, vendor price its 90g of them, if you cut this 18 gems and sell them to vendor its 162g and most of time if you make Fire Prism you'll end with gems lower then 162g

Scroll Master- This is a must have addon for all enchanters that sells Enchanting Scrolls in AH, it will tell you base on your AH prices what scrolls are best to make, what is mats price to do them and profit when you sell. This addon work great for wotlk enchants, Cataclysm not updated.

Jewelcrafting/Prospecting spreadsheet - I did not make this, its from other forum. Its best so far I found, really nice made and working
    Multiupload download
    Last edited by Nekan; 01-13-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Jewelcrafting and Enchanting = huge profit 5-15k/day. Useful macros and tips.
    m0rbidang3l's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this basically the same idea as taking tailoring and enchanting?

Unfortunately, as you'll realize, you will begin flooding the market. Driving the prices of your own goods down, and the prices of the mats you need up. This sytem doesn't last very long.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    m0rbidang3l I used it for whole BC, Wotlk and now probably with Cataclysm too Rememeber if you have 2 accounts you can sell mats on both sides horde and alliance, 2x more potential buyers (just look out for neutral AH snipers).
    Plus with maxed Enchanting you can make vellums instead of selling raw materials, more and more people raiding and need enchants for their shiny epics.

minihansen12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on please ... This shit has been posted like 10 times the past week, and even before that it was common sense ..

jackie1337's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a good way to fix enchanting mats for level up your enchanting aswell. Easy and cheap

Duplicity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought this was pretty common sense. In WOTLK you could do the same thing with: Stoneguard Band - Spell - World of Warcraft

I guess if it helps someone who doesn't know it yet.

Virox's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost of http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...e-jc-ench.html , tho bit more text and added macro, you can't say this is original content

Legionaire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for a nice effort, nice thread and well put together. This has helped a little bit although i did some of it already. It made me think twice about some of the simpler things. Thank you and dont pay attention to asshat trolls.

junkkiller's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i find the item id for the macros very usefull thnx for that

jaysquirrel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crafted 16x [The Perforator] which cost approx 1k

From those 16 I got 10x Dust and 35x Greater Celesial Essense, should be able to sell those Celestials for 1715g alone.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for all posts

jaysquirrel You probably missclick there and you mean Carnelnian Spike, not The Perforator as you wrote becasue The Preforator disenchant into Heavenly Shard and this sell for around 20-50g each while price of mats its +200g
    Last edited by Nekan; 01-09-2011 at 02:33 AM.

jaysquirrel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oop yeah hah meant [Carnelnian Spike] was tired :>

Hessonite Bands are pretty decent since [Heavenly Shard] sell for around 50-60g each and each blue band gives 1 full Shard and Hessonite only sells for 15g

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That depends really on what realm you are playing on Hessonite Band disnechant into Hevenly Shard but I can get more gold for selling ring then shards, shards its like 40-50g and ring very often 150g. Also you need 2x Hessonite to make 1 ring and its really rare if Hessonite drop below 20g for me.
    Last edited by Nekan; 01-09-2011 at 02:37 PM.

panasonic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made 87k gold using this strategy over the last 3 days.....an absolutely amazing guide.

vvvacevvv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you just doing it over and over?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast