1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Gold] Orb of deception farming

Hello , I decided to make a new guide of farming orb of deception trinket, which is worth 1500g / each on my realm. Orb of Deception - Item - World of Warcraft is dropped from 3 rare elites , which all exists in Dire Maul FFA arena, You can find it here in feralas. http://img713.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...1110152130.jpg

First rare elite, which spawns in middle of the Dire Maul arena is Skarr the Unbreakable - NPC - World of Warcraft, http://img822.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...1110152119.jpg has around 13% drop change of Orb of Deception , and drops some nice blue gear for your alts too. Respawn time of Skarr the Unbreakable is around 6 hours.

2nd rare elite is The Razza - NPC - World of Warcraft, which also drops Orb of deception , but only has 5% drop change, but also drops nice alt gear, if luck is not on your side with this trinket.

3rd and last rare elite , which exists in Dire Maul arena, and drops this trinket , is Mushgog - NPC - World of Warcraft. It has only 3% drop change , but it's still alot , becouse all of these bosses might spawn after one is killed, but it's kinda rare.

What you want to do to improve your changes of getting this trinket is -

1. Take one of your alts (+50 level preferred) to Dire Maul arena.
    2. Always, when you have free time or just want to see if one of these bosses are there, log on your character which is at Dire Maul arena. If you are having alt somewhere at level 50, you should log back to your main , and come to rare elite with it, becouse it might be hard for 50 level to solo a 55k hp mob .
    3. Dire Maul arena is Free For All, so watch out for alliances AND hordes, becouse all of them can kill you.

Happy trinket hunting!

Ps. Sorry for my bad english, i'm from finland, so don't mind if I did little mistakes there.

[Gold] Orb of deception farming
    R11tz0r's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide m8.

I can confirm that althou it's not shown in the loot table, High Chief Winterfall also drops Orb of Deception - Item - World of Warcraft.
    I don't know if i took a SS of it, but ill look when i get back home.

High Chief Winterfall has a 99% chance of dropping Winterfall Firewater which on my realm sells for 30g each.
    She has a pretty fast respawn and whaile you w8 for the respawn you can also kill another mobs arround they also drop the firewater, so this is a nice way of getting even more gold while farming the Orb.

Insomniaco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm..seems interesting, I do remember this from pretbc, with the Skarr the Unbreakable, gonna check it out now in wotlk/cata, thanks for trying to contribute! , +rep
    Stupid is what stupid does - Forrest Gump

phorentez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way you can obtain this trinket is by doing the rare bosses of Dire Maul. There is no such thing as dropping from creatures around azeroth like "High Chief Winterfall"

Some noobs "tell" thottbot they got it from creatures like High Chief Winterfall, and the database will registrate it. So basicly use propper WoW-Lexicons like "Wowhead" and "Mmo-champion"

Besides, nothing make this guide "new" except in the other threads about the orb people just tell about those rare mobs. The only difference is your telling us to KILL those rare mobs.

R11tz0r's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phorentez View Post
    The only way you can obtain this trinket is by doing the rare bosses of Dire Maul. There is no such thing as dropping from creatures around azeroth like "High Chief Winterfall"

Some noobs "tell" thottbot they got it from creatures like High Chief Winterfall, and the database will registrate it. So basicly use propper WoW-Lexicons like "Wowhead" and "Mmo-champion"

Besides, nothing make this guide "new" except in the other threads about the orb people just tell about those rare mobs. The only difference is your telling us to KILL those rare mobs.
    ...some noobs? Why are you already flamming? i don't know since i do not use thottbot.
    I'm really not in the mood, and i'm not gonna argue with you, i've got one a few weeks ago while farming firewater!
    Don't know if its considered "world Drop" or not, what i can tell you for sure is that it dropped from that mob.

[EDIT]
    Just found this

Orb of Deception
    0.01% Chance To Drop. (2,128 in 37,238,229)
    Found on 259 creatures in 28 zones (average creature level: 53).This item is part of global drop tables for creatures of a specific type, level range or zone.
    Instead of saying "NO it doesn't drop, only noobs say that" and stuff like that you could've searched and found out as i did as soon as i've read you post, that i wasnt completely correct, but i wasnt also wrong, it does drop there, but its a world drop, this item has a world drop in 259 different mobs.
    What drives ppl to Flame on sigh instead of asking first, is something that i will never understand.
    Last edited by R11tz0r; 10-13-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Peasodecesar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info

invadertag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah while I was leveling my Death Knight I had one drop in Terokkar Forest, Which is kind of not Dire Maul..
    Also, I'm gonna look into this when i get home from work, ill probably come back with some rep for the OP.

Althoo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very very VERY old:P I`m not going to post the oldest thread about this because i`m too lazy to search more than 40 secs, so instead here`s links to some not as old reposts

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...70s-golds.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...a-farming.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...make-gold.html

However i will agree that from my searches the search titles for the other threads were a little vague. Thx for contributing at least

Insomniaco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten several orb of deceptions over the past 5 years outside DM :P
    Stupid is what stupid does - Forrest Gump

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the time i've played i've seen 3 drop, one in strat from the first skeleton pack you kill as you go in, the 2nd from ubrs from one of the dragonkin as you go through the door.

Lastly in a lockbox that dropped from a mob in auchenai crypts while leveling my last mage.

So i can first hand say your theory is wrong.

As for the op, nice guide i've tried camping these elites a few times but always get bored, killed one of them in classic and got a few nice blues.

bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignorant newb is beeing a ignorant newb. Stop ragining, its not cool. What makes it all worse is the fact that you are wrong. ITs a world drop. Ive had it drop 2-3 times in scholo, one time in one of my mount runs in baron, and several times around the world.

[Z]em's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice to try and update this but kinda already a few guides out there

socaboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everytime i run bwl 2-3 of these drop off trash alot higher drop rate in there it seems