Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to be a Feral Druid Tank [Bear] (Rotation, spec, prof, etc)

--Sorry, took me forever to make this guide, mainly cause I was being rlly lazy, but,
    it's here.
    it's l33t.
    it's long.
    it took me 2 weeks to edit.
    Also if a Mod could delete the posts on this thread before I updated, thx. (Oct 9th.)
    Anyway, let's get started.

How To Be a Full Resto Druid, rotation, survive a 6v1, and more.
    Table Of Contents
    Talent Tree
    Glyphs
    PvP Rotation
    How To Survive In Arena (All EFFECTIVE Combinations.)
    How To Survive 7v1's in BG's
    Spell Descriptions (Simple Ones)
    Useful Professions depending on what you're doing or are going to do
    Good Macros to keep in hand
    Raid Rotation
    ******************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** *******

Last edited by Willzy; 10-10-2010 at 01:59 AM.

How to be a Feral Druid Tank [Bear] (Rotation, spec, prof, etc)
    osao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could that have been 4 hours of straight writing? The parts in quotes were just copy + pasted from the WoW Druid forums.

The druid you linked in the picture isn't you. He is obviously in DPS gear and you stated in the guide that you don't actually use that spec.

Also, the spec you listed for tanking is very situational. You have no points in Imp. Demo Roar and no points in Infected Wounds. These two talents are the largest and most necessary in reducing damage taken. You would only not take them if you had a protection warrior in your raid as well.

Willzy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by osao View Post
    How could that have been 4 hours of straight writing? The parts in quotes were just copy + pasted from the WoW Druid forums.

The druid you linked in the picture isn't you. He is obviously in DPS gear and you stated in the guide that you don't actually use that spec.
    Well thanks for the first reply, but.
    You can't see ANY of the stats on the gear, so don't judge it because it might be gear with intellect for all you know.
    Second off, I said I had a feral l80 Druid, I never said the one in my picture was mine.
    Third off, I didn't copy and paste 100% of what I found, what I did copy and paste is in quotes to its rightful owner, the rest I wrote. Nor can you see the talents the Druid in the picture is using, so don't judge me.
    4th, I typed it by testing on my phone which I am doing right now, and if you've used an iPhone 3Gs before, you'd know that it's a pain in the ass copying & pasting website links and more importantly copying words, so don't think straight off the bat you're smart because you think I'm some 8 year old in front of his laptop. I also don't care if you believe me or not but that talent tree I just uploaded was the one I was testing with, anyway, think before you post, and if you want as soon as I get back to an actual computer I'd be happy to mouse over each item that Druid is using.

Also, the spec you listed for tanking is very situational. You have no points in Imp. Demo Roar and no points in Infected Wounds. These two talents are the largest and most necessary in reducing damage taken. You would only not take them if you had a protection warrior in your raid as well.
    Last edited by Willzy; 09-12-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Jackie Moon's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    osao is right. The druid in the picture is in dps gear (Whispering fanged skull is not a tanking trinket) and neither is Deathbringer's Will. The spec is pretty messed up for tanking as osao said "You have no points in Imp. Demo Roar and no points in Infected Wounds".

One more thing is you say "First of all, druids consume mana, energy, or rage, depending on your form.
    Meaning you need to mix-&-match specs to fit your surroundings." Which I don't get this isn't a "Learn the Druid class guide" it's a FERAL tanking guide, so that those sentences make no sense at all.
    Check out my YouTube: SkeetzGaming

osao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Willzy View Post
    Well thanks for the first reply, but.
    You can't see ANY of the stats on the gear, so don't judge it because it might be gear with intellect for all you know.
    Second off, I said I had a feral l80 Druid, I never said the one in my picture was mine.
    Third off, I didn't copy and paste 100% of what I found, what I did copy and paste is in quotes to its rightful owner, the rest I wrote. Nor can you see the talents the Druid in the picture is using, so don't judge me.
    4th, I typed it by testing on my phone which I am doing right now, and if you've used an iPhone 3Gs before, you'd know that it's a pain in the ass copying & pasting website links and more importantly copying words, so don't think straight off the bat you're smart because you think I'm some 8 year old in front of his laptop. I also don't care if you believe me or not but that talent tree I just uploaded was the one I was testing with, anyway, think before you post, and if you want as soon as I get back to an actual computer I'd be happy to mouse over each item that Druid is using.
    The point to my post wasn't to show that you're 'some 8 year old in front of his laptop' but rather to tell people that most of this guide (except the quoted portions) is very wrong and should not be followed. You should not be writing a specialized guide about tanking without first having a character that is geared and experienced in that aspect.

Aegan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Willzy View Post
    Deathbringer's Will, Whispering Fanged Skull/Death's Verdict, Idol of the Crying Moon, Sack of Wonder, Distant Land, Sindy's Cruel Claw, Vengeful Noose, Frostbrood Sapphire Ring, and Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance. I'd also hazard a guess that the cloak is the Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Drape and the bracers are Toskk's Maximized Wristguards.

Anyone with half a brain can identify the majority of that equipment, don't pretend it's some big secret. Also, most of that gear is heavy with ArPen, which is more focused around rogues and cats, not bears (though bears do get a decent TPS bonus from ArPen). If that druid had so much as the Corroded Skeleton Key on, I'd be more willing to listen to what was posted here regarding feral tanking, but it's obvious in that screencap that the player is kitty, which is VASTLY different.

Jackie Moon's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also

Professions
    Personally, as a feral all I really needed was Engineering & Jewelcrafting.
    Why? What benefits do they do specifically for a feral druid. No offense this guide is really bad and probably just tried to get this for some +Rep. I understand you were trying to contribute but if you are going to don't copy paste other peoples work/characters. Try play the game and focus one character and when you do achieve a high status come post how you did it and get some well earned reputation.
    Check out my YouTube: SkeetzGaming

Willzy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, not going to waste my time to argue against 3 people, truly I did make this guide to get +Rep, it's true how 50% of it was copied off another website, but I wasn't entirely leeching at ALL, + I didn't copy and paste NOTHING, I wrote it on a touch pad which does tick people off easily, well that doesn't matter so I'll just change this to a Resto Druid guide, since I actually have one and think I'm at least experienced at it, until then no more flaming/trolling (Not saying anyone did YET, but soon someone will start it.), Ill go start on the guide right now.
    BTW
    If you want to see that druid's profile go to
    The World of Warcraft Armory - Klawsqt @ Uldaman - Profile
    I know him on the realm, and he's a great druid, if you guys want to know about how to be a pro feral, talk to him.
    Also, please stop bumping the thread up until I edit it.