Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] GDKP, the way to make easy money while raiding!

Hello MMOWNED,
    Today I will be showing you a guide to the art of GDKP.
    Index:
    I. What is GDKP?
    II. Getting Started
    III. Addons
    IV. Macros
    V. FAQ/Credits

I. What is GDKP?
    Well let me explain. GDKP (Gold Kill Points) is a concept that originatied in Korea and is now Developed into WoW. The System is kind of similar to the DKP( Dragon Kill Points) system that originated in Clasic WoW. Players Bid Gold on items that drop in a raid instance, then at the end of the run the gold is split evenly 25 ways (10 if you are doing 10 man) throughout the raid. You can find a Full Detailed Guide on Eletist Jerks here:
    GDKP Run Discussion: Spread it to your Server - Elitist Jerks

II. Getting started
    The First step to getting ready is knowing all your facts, getting your macros set up, and addons configured.
    1. Know your audience:
    There are 5 types of players you want in your raid and they are:
    -"Geared Mains", These are the backbone of your raid, if you don't have them you are bound for failure.

-"Rich undergeared alts", These are people who need almost every slot upgraded and have big bucks to spend

-"High-Rollers", These People are after one item and will Pay amazing amounts of gold. I.E.: Death Bringers will, Disloged Forgein Object, Ect...

-"Rich geared mains", These people are quite like High- rollers just really well geared

-"Average rollers", People who are in OK gear and dont have alot of gold to spend but will buy what ever they fancy.

2.Have all your addons and macros configured before starting the raid, See Addons and Macro section Below

3. Have a set pair of rules and a disclaimer at the begging of a run it will make people feel more safe.

and finally,
    4. Dont start with ICC 25, i would start with 10/25m Sartharion 3D zergs, Let your name get out there

III. Addons
    Here are some addons that I garuntee you that will help you make your run successful.

GRM(Gold Raid Manager): GRM is a Must have for any leader of a GDKP run, it consist of 5 main features
    1.Auction: Takes care of your whole bidding process
    2.Breifing: Shows the raid Gold log with the current "pot" and the math
    3.Reserve log: Option for privete deals(NEVER USE IT)
    4.Loot Log: Shows Boss loot and records, can brodcast to raid
    5. Auto Advertise: Advertises for your run in any public channel(Its a life saver)
    Downloads:
    Wowcurse:
    GoldRaidManager - Addons - Curse
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SDM (Super Duper Macro): Bypasses Blizzard default 255 character limit on macros
    Downloads
    WowUI:
    Super Duper Macro : Miscellaneous : WoWInterface Downloads

IV. Macros
    There are a few important macros that you need to run your raid successfully, your disclaimer(Makes it so rules are stated clearly), And your loot rules(These may vary depending on the instance you are running)

1.GDKP DISCLAIMER:
    Welcome to <Insert your name here> GDKP run. All items (Including BOE's, enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder and the gold pot will be split evenly 10 ways at the end of the run.

Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions.

In the event a player is AFK for an extended period without notice - or performs poorly - a fair first warning will be given, but they may be removed from the raid and/or forfeit their share of the pot if it continues.

All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items will have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.

If any of this is unclear or you have questions, please speak up now.
    2. LOOT RULES#1:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++LOOT RULES++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BIDDING RULES:

There is no mainspec > offspec priority for bidding, its gold which determines who gets what. The ONLY restriction for bidding is on BoP Gear; It must be your class armor type. Druids= Leather, Warriors= Plate ect...
    If no one is bidding on say: A piece of cloth gear after a few seconds i will open the bids to druids.

3. LOOT RULES#2:
    . -BoE Patterns- Open to all
    .-BoE Gear- Open to all (Use it, sell it on AH, do whatever you want with it these are High sellers in these runs)
    .-All Primordial Saronite/ Shards/ Greens will be offered in a separate auction as a single "Saronite Bundle" at the end of the raid that will be auctioned off as well.

Minimum Bids:
    -500g for ALL gear, BoE or BoP
    -50g for "Saronite Bundle" (see above)
    -50g for ALL Patterns

ALL BIDS IN INCRIMENTS OF 100 GOLD
    (50 for patterns and bundle)
    V. FAQ/Credits
    Credits To Eletist Jerks User Tyrain for writing his guide on GDKP ( I used Bits and peices of it)
    FAQ Comming Soon

Note: Updates will be made, planning on expanding the guide a bit

Last edited by garfieldfan; 05-11-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added note

[Guide] GDKP, the way to make easy money while raiding!
    Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your server forum finally got around to posting this and you decided to copy+paste it in the hope that it was new?

garfieldfan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No... I wrote this takeing Parts from tyrians post on EJ. I know this method is not new i have used it since day one. but if you serch GDKP on guides all you will find is a copy past of the EJ thread.