0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DK leveling and raiding specs.

Hello. I decided to post the specs I have used and/or created and that I think are good.

The first spec will be - The World of Warcraft Armory
    The good thing about this spec is that it isn't very gear dependant ulike Blood for example. With 3 greens , 5 blues and 4 epics I was doing 2300-3000DPS in raids. Which is very good for that gear.
    That spec is also known as the Chain Gun Spec or the 6xIcy Touch spec.
    This spec is a very dynamic one, so you can't make a static rotation.
    But the rotation should look like this -
    Blood Strike- Blood Strike - Oblitirate - Oblitirate - Frost Strikes - 6x Icy Touch
    That is the starting rotation after the 6xIcy Touch you have
    Frost Strikes - Blood Strike - Blood Strike - Oblitirate - Oblitirate - Frost Strikes - 6xIcy Touch
    Around 30 to 45% of your DPS should be consisted of Frost Strike DMG.
    The good thing about this spec as I mentioned before is that it isn't VERY gear dependand becouse FS can't me blocked/Parrier/Dodged which makes it perfect for non-hit capped DK's.
    You are looking to generate as much runic power as possible so you can cast more frost strikes.

The Glyphs I recommend are:
    Major:
    Glyph of Icy Touch - 10 more runic power per IT which is VERY good
    Glyph of Frost Strike - 8 less runic power for FS. Great Glyph
    Glyph of Oblitirate or Deathstrike but I would recommend OBlitirate becouse you have higher crit chance from the spec you will be using
    For Minor Glyphs I would recommend
    Glyph of Raise Dead
    Glyph of Horn of Winter
    Glyph of Pestilence
    Well you have small to none benefit from the minor glyphs but that is the best you can get !
    And with this bad gear I was doing 2300-3000DPS when Raid Buffed and with food and flask I was doing up to 3200DPS !
    And after my gear improved I started doing 3500-3800DPS but the bad thing is that this spec does not scale very good with gear as other specs :/
    AN IMPORTANT THING IS TO DPS IN UNHOLY PRESENCE !!!!

A good leveling spec I use is a Blood One .
    At level 60 it should look like this -
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    At level 65 it should look like this
    At level 70 it should look like this
    At level 75 it should look like this
    At level 80 it shoud look like this
    Your rotation should look like this
    Icy Touch-Plague Strike-Heart Strike-Heart Strike-Death Strike-Death Strike-Death Coils-Heart Strike-Heart Strike-Heart Strike-Heart Strike-DC's etc
    You should be able to kill non-stop thanks to Blood Tap and Vendeta tallents
    You should play in Blood Presence.
    Good glyphs to get are
    Glyph of Heart Strik
    and
    Glyph of Death Strike

Will be updated later with other specs.
    Trolls and flaming leechers GTFO. English isn't my first language...

DK leveling and raiding specs.
    Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by overaggro View Post
    Hello. I decided to post the specs I have used and/or created and that I think are good.

The first spec will be - The World of Warcraft Armory
    The good thing about this spec is that it isn't very gear dependant ulike Blood for example. With 3 greens , 5 blues and 4 epics I was doing 2300-3000DPS in raids. Which is very good for that gear.
    That spec is also known as the Chain Gun Spec or the 6xIcy Touch spec.
    This spec is a very dynamic one, so you can't make a static rotation.
    But the rotation should look like this -
    Blood Strike- Blood Strike - Oblitirate - Oblitirate - Frost Strikes - 6x Icy Touch
    That is the starting rotation after the 6xIcy Touch you have
    Frost Strikes - Blood Strike - Blood Strike - Oblitirate - Oblitirate - Frost Strikes - 6xIcy Touch
    Around 30 to 45% of your DPS should be consisted of Frost Strike DMG.
    The good thing about this spec as I mentioned before is that it isn't VERY gear dependand becouse FS can't me blocked/Parrier/Dodged which makes it perfect for non-hit capped DK's.
    You are looking to generate as much runic power as possible so you can cast more frost strikes.

The Glyphs I recommend are:
    Major:
    Glyph of Icy Touch - 10 more runic power per IT which is VERY good
    Glyph of Frost Strike - 8 less runic power for FS. Great Glyph
    Glyph of Oblitirate or Deathstrike but I would recommend OBlitirate becouse you have higher crit chance from the spec you will be using
    For Minor Glyphs I would recommend
    Glyph of Raise Dead
    Glyph of Horn of Winter
    Glyph of Pestilence
    Well you have small to none benefit from the minor glyphs but that is the best you can get !
    And with this bad gear I was doing 2300-3000DPS when Raid Buffed and with food and flask I was doing up to 3200DPS !
    And after my gear improved I started doing 3500-3800DPS but the bad thing is that this spec does not scale very good with gear as other specs :/
    AN IMPORTANT THING IS TO DPS IN UNHOLY PRESENCE !!!!
    Well I won't flame you for your language since your english is very good, however the theorycrafting of this raid DPS spec is wrong.

I don't think I have to spew out credentials, but trust me when I say that I have extensively tested all the viable raiding specs as of 3.1 and 6xanything is not the way to go. True, it will be nice for the very undergeared as your spells aren't as dependent on your gear as most blood/unholy specs are. But "
    FS can't me blocked/Parrier/Dodged which makes it perfect for non-hit capped DK's." Frost Strike can still miss, it's just immune to expertise caps. Along with that and the fact that you're casting 6 Icy Touch, 6 global cooldowns are dependant on the spell hit cap (17%). That makes this 6xIT Machine Gun Spec the MOST dependant on hit rating.

As far as keeping up in raids, you will beat other DK's and players in greens, but once you become geared in even 10 man naxx epics, a normal frost rotation would beat this one, or even moreso a blood or unholy spec. Frost atm is too nerfed to keep up with the other 2 trees, and if you wanted to top meters, you're best either going 51/0/20 or 0/10/61.

Overaggro's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actualy this spec is also a raid buffing one becouse of Icy Talons.
    And in shadow or blood spec I max did 2100 dmg in my bad gear and then did up to 3k with that spec.
    And I did 7k crits with Frost Strike ...

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icy Talons buff is covered by shamans, blood's buff (+10% AP) or unholy's buff (+13% Magic & Disease damage taken) are more valuable to a raid. The only reason you're getting better numbers with this spec now is, as you said, you're in craptastic gear. I'm guessing your 2h weapon is a blue or the titansteel destroyer. Once you get an epic 2h with high top end damage, try out unholy or blood. They are more dependant on strikes, which are affected by weapon damage, where as your ITx6 is not as affected.

Also this thread is in the wrong forum, we have a Talent Specs forum here

volkzero's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my main is a dk, thanks for posting this +Rep

Fintie123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice home-made guide.
    Peace

Illdatch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... all proven specs are nothing like this... For one no raiding DK should have rune tap, wasted points which could have gone to something useful like Necrosis and Epidemic, really if you want to do a good raid spec follow the ones from EJ, where many people have theorycrafted together, not just one person.

ChildeRoland's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The spec is very, very, very bad for raiding tbh.
    Vendetta, MArk of Blood, Vampiric Blood and Rune tap sucks for raiding.
    If you want good overall dps go frost or unholy.

ggshaman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heftydogg View Post
    Icy Talons buff is covered by shamans, blood's buff (+10% AP) or unholy's buff (+13% Magic & Disease damage taken) are more valuable to a raid. The only reason you're getting better numbers with this spec now is, as you said, you're in craptastic gear. I'm guessing your 2h weapon is a blue or the titansteel destroyer. Once you get an epic 2h with high top end damage, try out unholy or blood. They are more dependant on strikes, which are affected by weapon damage, where as your ITx6 is not as affected.

Also this thread is in the wrong forum, we have a Talent Specs forum here
    Just a note but 10% AP is also covered my shamans as well as hunters, and 13% magic dmg is also covered by boomkins. So it's not exactly true to say UH or blood buff the raid more then frost. But what you said about strikes and Weapon damage is accurate.

ChildeRoland's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebon plague gives disease damage as well as spell damage btw.
    All buffs DKs can give are covered by another class, but I think the casters would be happy to get a Wrath of Air instead of a totem that gives a buff the raid allready have.
    Enhance shamans does low dps, therefore I'd rather have a blood DK than a shaman to give me my 10% AP, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think MM hunters need really good gear to work out well, and most hunters go surv.

And btw Heftydogg, In unholy I get 7-9k Scourge Strike, and in frost I get 10-13k frost trikes.

kaelzen07's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give this spec a shot for leveling my DK. Looks nice to me. +rep!

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Ebon plague gives disease damage as well as spell damage btw.
    All buffs DKs can give are covered by another class, but I think the casters would be happy to get a Wrath of Air instead of a totem that gives a buff the raid allready have.
    Enhance shamans does low dps, therefore I'd rather have a blood DK than a shaman to give me my 10% AP, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think MM hunters need really good gear to work out well, and most hunters go surv.

And btw Heftydogg, In unholy I get 7-9k Scourge Strike, and in frost I get 10-13k frost trikes.
    Yep, frost is probably my favorite spec as I like seeing huge numbers. Frost crits are huge (getting changed in the patch), but unholy makes up for it's average crits with insane periodic and spell damage + the pet.

Those of you referencing the blood spec in the OP as not being good for raiding, well duh. Read between the armory links, it's a leveling spec, and it's the same one I recommend to people that ask me to make a spec for them to level with. Obviously it would be tweaked once level capped.