0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GOLD] Prospecting Guide & Tips N Tricks

Key Points:
    1. This is not just for prospecting.
    2. This can be used for Enchanters, Miners, Jewelcrafters, or the every day average joe.
    3. If you use my template, please edit it appropriately.
    4. If you have anything to add to this guide, feel free.. you will be credited.
    5. Thanks for reading!

So we all know a great way to make gold is to prospect ore. This highly depends on your luck though. I personally have Legendary luck. My friend, has shit for luck.

This is how I got my stacks of Adamantite ore. I normally would get each stack 5-10g cheaper than the Auction House prices. This can also be used for the new prospect able ore. (Saronite Ore/Cobalt Ore).

I normally use on a banker alt. The character that does not do the prospecting. I don't like being flooded with tells about my Auction House business. But if you do not care, go ahead and use your main.

What you are going to be doing is advertising for "Ore farmers". I make a post on my server's forums stating I am looking for large amounts of ore.
    I have my buying price lower than the Auction House. I also mention that the farmer would be saving Auction House Fee's and their ore would be bought almost instantly.

This sometimes isn't enough to draw people in to selling you their ore for cheaper than the Auction House so I added a little reward. I state that I will randmoly reward seller's that C.O.D me a decent amount of ore. I reward them by giving them a gem, or extra gold. So if someone sends you 5-10 stacks of Ore per day, send them a little gift.

If you are giving out rewards, In your post on the warcraft forums say "If I happen to give you a reward for your good deeds, I ask that you please post in this thread stating that I have given you a nice present for your service."

By doing this you are letting people know you are truely giving rewards, you are encouraging other people to C.O.D you in hopes of a reward.. And you are getting a free bump on your advertising thread on the forums.

So back to the post on the forums. Here is an example of a post I would do;

Dear Miners!

Do you require gold?
    Are you a Miner?
    Are you tired of posting your ore over and over on the Auction House?
    Do you farm so much ore its just a hassle to post on the Auction House?
    Do you dislike Auction House fee's?
    Do you want to make A LOT of gold quickly?

I've got your answer. I am looking for my own personal Ore farmers. I purchase by Mail or by meeting. This takes out the Auction House fee's and gives you money nearly instantly!

I will be buying each stack of ore for "X"g. To compensate for the lower price per stack of Ore. I will be giving a nice reward to those who are loyal and sell me stacks of ore repetitively. If I feel you have exceeded my expectations I will send you a reward through the mail. This reward can be gold, gems, items etc. Anything worth value.

I ask that if you do receive a reward from me, that you please leave a comment in this thread stating I have indeed given you something worth value. If you would like to specifically state what you have gotten, feel free too.

I am buying Unlimited amounts of ore for this price. If you need your mount, or that bit of extra gold. Or you just don't want to pass up this insane chance of making tons of gold, I'm your buyer!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send me in game mail.
    When I was did this back when Adamantite Ore was the top ore. I was making 1000's of gold per day. I would be getting up to 100's of stack per day. And I was buying the ore up to 10g cheaper per stack.

Another way of getting farmers is to check the AH. If you see someone who ALWAYS has ore up on the Auction House, talk to them. Try and get them to COD it to you instead of posting it on the Auction House.

In my example post, I stated I took unlimted stacks. I stated this because the ore can stay in my mailbox for 3 days. This is plenty of enough time to sell gems on the Auction House and get enough money to buy the ore out of the mail box. I would suggest NOT let it sit there for 3 days though, sometimes a person may get angry.

Remember, if you are low on cash but you still have gems on the Auction House. You are not broke. If your Gold number stays the same, but the number of gems on the Auction House increases, you are still making money. It is just in Item form.

This wont be acheived over night. It took me weeks to get a nice steady flow of ore and gold. Just keep up with it and you will soon be making BANK.

This also works for Enchanters. You can state you are buying X level greens.. Just DE them and sell the profits.

Another way in making money with trade goods like Enchanting Mats and Ore is purchasing stacks of 20 and breaking the stacks. For Ore break the stacks in 5's.
    Jewelcrafters can prospect only stacks of 5. Posting stacks of 1 is super annoying and super retarded. I shun everyone who does stacks of 1. Two days ago someone posted 5-10 pages of stacks of 1 ore..

This can also be done with herbs. I have made a guide on that specifically, its located in the AH thread Jchunx made. (Stickied thread)

You can also advertise in the trade channel. Make a macro that says something like this:

I am looking for professional ore miners. I am in search of my personal miner that will
    C.O.D me their Ore. I will be paying top gold and will be rewarding those who provide adequate amount of ore. Whisper for more information.

Here are some text formats you can use for posting on the server Forums. Feel free to use these. Just make sure to edit the gold amounts, title, etc.

Jewelcrafter looking for Ore;

Hello (Server Name),

Do you require gold?
    Are you a Miner?
    Are you tired of posting your ore over and over on the Auction House?
    Do you farm so much ore its just a hassle to post on the Auction House?

I am in search of a few personal Sarnoite and Cobalt Ore farmers. I am looking to purchase your ore through the mailing system. By doing so, you will be saving time and money. You will never have to deal with Auction House Fee's again. I will be purchasing Saronite Ore for Xg per stack, and I will be purchasing Cobalt X Per stack.

In order to show my appreciated for your service, I will be rewarding you randmoly throughout the service. If I feel you have sent me quite a bit of Ore for my desired price, I will send you a free gift to show my appreciation. The gift can be anything, Gold, Gem(s), or items.

Also, if you see any ore on the Auction House for cheaper than what I am paying, feel free to buy it and C.O.D it to me. You will make a profit!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a in game mail.
    If you have a big bulk of Ore, feel free to send me in game mail so we can set up a time and a place to meet.

Thank you,
    (Character Name Here)

For Enchanters:

Hello (Server name),

Do you require gold?
    Do you have greens collecting dust in your bank?
    Do you sell your greens to the vendor for dirt cheap?
    Do you farm so much that it is just to much of a hassle to post them on the Auction House?

I've got a solution for YOU!

I am in search of (X level) items. I am specifically looking for green items. If you have a green items of this level collecting dust, I have your answer!

I will be purchasing these items through the in-game mailing system. If you have greens you would like to sell, I am purchasing these level greens for (Xg) each.

Please note, I will not take any other green items. Please don't try and sell me greens not of my desired item level. They will be returned.

If a person sells me an adequate amount of green items that person will be rewarded. The reward can be anything, Gold, Gem(s), Enchanting mats, or any item I may have available. It will be worth your time.

If you find any item's of my level requirement on the Auction House, please feel free to purchase that item and C.O.D it to me. You will be making a profit for barely doing anything!

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send me an in game mail.

Thank you,
    (Character Name Here)

**** MAKE SURE YOU EDIT ALL THE APPROPRIATE AREAS ON MY TEMPLATES****

This guide was written 100% by me.
    It was ment to help one of you, as many of you have helped me.
    I appreciated you taking the time to read my guide.
    Comments/concerns? Leave a comment or feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Eski; 02-05-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Prospecting Guide & Tips N Tricks
    Vertigosa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really helpful innovative guide. Thats two thumbs up from me.

VictoRo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is a nice guide! I am 100% gonna do this mate. Thank you for the tip! +Rep

Jchunx's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, Eski!

It just so happens to be that I am a Jewelcrafter!
    This will come in handy.
    Last edited by Jchunx; 02-02-2009 at 03:19 PM.

cooper101's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing this for some time now and have to say you explained it really well..also I do get alot of chinese farmers that sell me like 50 stacks of ore at a time :P +rep from me

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the share, this is really well written and easy to understand.. If I where a JC I would rep you.

theKarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, bro. Hope you get elite soon.

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can pretty much be used for any tradeskill.. Or used in general to make money.

You don't even have to be a JC to buy the Ore. You can be the middle man to Blacksmiths or even Jewelcrafters. Mind, the profit would be minimal this way, but its still profit.

Thanks for the support theKarn. I appreciated it.

Casperx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the most rep worthy post i've seen in days! This will be useful to alot of people! Will use it too

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated the guide and added some templates people can actually use to post on their realm forums.

Nt92618's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

Yeah, I heard that this was a good way to get gold. Looks good.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nt92618 View Post
    Yeah, I heard that this was a good way to get gold. Looks good.
    You shoulda wrote a guide about it! :P <3

Trubadidudei's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though i do not have the time to mantain such an industry, ul get +Rep from me... It's a very nice guide, and even though it is somewhat obvious in some areas, this is just the sort of thing that pushes people to feel confident about doing this sorta thing...

Have some rep! If i could give you two, i would! But i can't, so you get one, sorry bout that...

:fatty:

And btw, i don't mean anything personal with the bouncing fatty... I just felt that somebody had to use these poor forgotten emoticons that lurk in the "more" section...

Poor forgotten little emoticons, all alone in the dark.. Fatty needs some d-vitamine now and then!

moreno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow realy nice guide Eski!+Repomgepic

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by moreno View Post
    wow realy nice guide Eski!+Repomgepic
    Thanks!

I will be out of town for the next couple weeks, i'll try and think of a few more guides I can write.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast