Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auction House Tips Compilation - Post All Of Your AH Tips HERE!

Due to a recent increase in spam related to AH tips, pointers, and techniques in the WoW Guides section, we will now be deleting all 'AH Tips' threads.

Please post all of your AH tips, pointers, advice and techniques in this thread.
    Last edited by Jchunx; 01-17-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Thanks, DS.

Auction House Tips Compilation - Post All Of Your AH Tips HERE!
  2. Thanks Taniaelect99 (1 members gave Thanks to Jchunx for this useful post)
    Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Non-Auction House related posts in this thread will be deleted.
    Any spam in this thread will result in punishment.
    Last edited by Dragonshadow; 01-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Requirements:

Some gold
    Enchanter (375+)

1. Buy all 70+ greenies that cost <10G
    2. Disenchant them
    3. Keep the Mats till Ulduar
    4. Start selling at Super high prices!

EDIT: FIRST!
    Last edited by JD; 01-17-2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: First...

5. Thanks Taniaelect99, AlarichRex (2 members gave Thanks to JD for this useful post)
    Rohi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Req:

some gold
    enchanter & bs

buy cobalt bars / ores make Notched Cobalt War Axe - Item - World of Warcraft de the item and sell the mats, usually it should be profit.

Deadnisse's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download Auctioneer, take a full scan of the AH, click on Search tab -> Disenchant, and Scan. Then buy everything with profit! lol

raktipannan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jumboaffe View Post
    Common sense!?
    All Non-Auction House related posts in this thread will be deleted.
    Any spam in this thread will result in punishment.
    Now shape up please..

You need:

Starting money
    Ench 375+
    JC 390+

Buy Eternal Earth/Eternal Shadow depending on server prices
    Make Shadowmight ring/Stoneguard bands
    DE
    Sell Dust and Essenace

thieadin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost from a thread a while ago, but I thought I would add it to this thread-

Find cheap blue item for level 60's and up in the AH, BUT DONT BUY THEM, and use Who to search for buyers that are not in a major city

For example, I like to use Oathkeeper because it's usually pretty cheap. Search paladin 65-70, then start whispering to people: Hello, would you be interested in buying The Oathkeeper?

If they say yes, buy the item and meet them somewhere or COD to them. I went from 40 gold to 180g in one night on my level 28 mage using this

jaapoor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy money every quarter of an hour or so using Formula: Arcanite Rod:

Needed:
    Lvl 10 druid (could just use your main but saves you a whole lot of travel time)
    a couple of gold
    Bank alt (again could just use your main)
    A good server (kind off crucial)

When your druid hits lvl 10 he gets the bearform quest and is able to teleport to Moonglade.
    In moonglade is a vendor: Lorelae Wintersong
    She sells the formula for 2g20s. Make sure your hearth is set somewhere near a mailbox, for horde bloodhoof is advisable.
    Send the formula to your bank alt and put it on the AH. On my server it sells for over 100g

Why this is different from most of the vendor formulas is the low buy price in comparison to the high sell price on ah

Hope you guys could use it.. if not then delete

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy Abyss Crystals for the lowest price, then host them for 30g higher, when there low in AH. It may take some time to know how low to buy them and how high to sell them, on my server I can buy them for under 90g, and get away selling for 130g.

I also see up coming events using the calender, and buy stuff 3 weeks ahead of time that is needed in events, then host them when the even comes.
    Last edited by Dark_Angel; 04-13-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Chudini's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - Always set a buyout - Think of the Auction House like Ebay. You know how you can use the Buy it Now feature on Ebay to buy something immediatly? The buyout feature in the Auction House works the same way. The main reason for setting a buyout price is that it encourages someone to purchase now instead of waiting for their bid to end. This reduces relisting fees and helps you sell items quicker.

2 - Buyout Price Undercutting - a sneaky trick, but completely legit. Before listing your item, check to see what the other buyout prices are set to for the same item. As long as they aren't totally out of whack, set your buyout price just a little lower. This will ensure your item sells faster because a) you have a buyout and b) it's the lowest one available. If someone wants your item now, they can get it and save gold too! What's not to like about that deal

3 - Don't use Round numbers for starting bids - Have you noticed that when the Auction House assigns a default value to your item that it's never 25 gold, but something like 24 gold and 31 silver? Setting your starting bid to something similar makes buyers think the Auction House valued the item at that level and it's really worth it.

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Buy in the week-days. And sell in the week-ends.

Dreamflow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are a JC posting your cut gems at raid start time (19/20 server) on weekdays will give you the most profit and sales.

Kaziko.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time to sell

Originally Posted by Dreamflow View Post
    If you are a JC posting your cut gems at raid start time (19/20 server) on weekdays will give you the most profit and sales.
    Imo it is much better to sell enchants and gems after raid times because people need new enchants/gems for their new gear lol

Ziddy1337's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably a well known item that makes alot of gold, but some people dont know where to find them.

Basically all you need is:

Level 30ish character
    40+ Friend
    A fishing Rod
    Friend with the Savoury Deviate fish recipe.

What you want to do, is go INTO the Wailing caverns. And i mean in the actual instance. Then get your friend to clear the few 20-ish elites so you can get around to the Dreamers Rock - No mobs spawn here except in the end event after all the bosses are killed and you have the quest, so its 100% safe.

Then just fish your heart out. If you're lazy you can use a fishing bot. What you want to be catching is Deviate Fish. These sell for 40g a stack UNcooked on my server, and upto 70g a stack cooked. In a 5 hour session i got my fishing skill to Master and had almost 400 deviate fish.

The recipe for the cooked fish is quite rare though so you'll need a friend who has it, or farm for it yourself. Only tough part is that it has a 0.3% chance of dropping from any mob in the barrens.

Good luck!

terinbune's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the faction-specific items and the neutral auction house to your advantage. Create a character on the other side, and make a friend who can get to gadgetzan. Try to get them to purchase something (a recipe/pattern specific to faction is great! I did this to get my horde tailor the ability to make yellow shirts, but that was awhile ago) Anyway, remember that the neutral AH is strictly to get the items over, and not to be used to sell the items to the other faction. Bring the item (if a pattern/formula/whatever you are going to learn then sell, you're pretty much done, just learn and sell) to the capital city, and sell it there. You can usually make a decent profit. This little gem is kind of common, but it still works pretty well.

Page 1 of 18 12345 ... LastLast