Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never learn Ulduar/Coliseum recipes. You'll make more money selling them on AH than from fees. And you can't roll for the recipe again if you have it already.

Auction House Tips Compilation - Post All Of Your AH Tips HERE!
    Bugador's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buy citrine in week and seel in weekend

HunterForce's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snatch

Ive found a great way to make some easy money while afk is to get the addon Auctioneer and set up the Snatch feature for items that are posted regularly such as:
    fish/food
    pots
    ore/ bars
    echant mats
    gems

Set up the snatch feature to autobuy anything say under 5g. Often times when someone is posting alot of items they mess up with the pricing, which causes the item to be put on the AH at AH recommended price (very low). Even if they notice the mistake auctioneer will snatch the item almost as soon as it is posted, before they can cancel the auction and reprice it. Hope this helps! happy hunting!

jpte's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Stack - Small Stack

After reading all the nice Auctionhouse Gold guides here on Mmowned; which all are very nice;
    I was really unsure how to acctually post all the stuff you buy out to sell higher and stuff, Post them indvidually? In 5s? 10s? 20s?After reading auction house and goldmakeing blogs and asking around on servers etc etc, This is what I concluded:

- The Big Stack Small Stack issue

A lot of people post large stacks of high volume items at low prices so that they will sell quickly.
    It almost seems like they do this so people like me can pickup the stack, split it up and repost it for a profit.
    Who else is going to buy, for example, 20 Frozen Orbs for 20g each?
    The addon Auctionator offers really good ways to hunt down big stacks.
    Here's what a really good big stack looks like for Dream Shards:

This guy posted 80 Dream Shards at 17g each. I had already bought 1 stack and sold 12 of them for 24.55 and after this screenshot I bought the rest.
    These have been consistently selling for 22-30g on my realm, so I'm very confident that I will be able to sell them.
    So for a 1360g investment I can immediately start posting these up at the positions I want, and I don't have to wait for prices to adjust to make my profit.
    I'll probably sell these over the next several days for a total of, AT LEAST, 1800g for a nice ~440g profit.
    It's good to keep stack size in mind when posting or buying. Imagine a scenario where you want to post 5 Dream Shards and the cheapest price listed is 17g.
    You need to look at that 17g listing and see how big the stack is. If it says 1 stack of 20, or 2 stacks of 20, you don't need to go that low with your price.
    Most people who buy things like Dream Shards don't buy stacks of Dream Shards they buy individuals. They will search for the cheapest individually priced Dream Shard and buy that one.
    The above image is a good example of this. I'll post 5-10 Dream Shards at 24g 24s right after I buy them for 17g each.
    However, THIS IS NOT TRUE FOR ALL ITEMS; particularly I've noticed that Relic(s) of Ulduar sell better in large stacks (of course so does cloth, ore, bars, herbs, etc).
    This is probably because people want to buy large even numbers for turn ins. I've been buying ALL RELICS for <1g 50s and I've never had a problem selling them for as much as 2g 80s (stack of 200).
    Usually they are posted really cheap in small stacks and sell much higher in large stacks divisible by 50. I build a stack of 200 when I can, post it between 2g-3g per and it usually sells the first time I post it.
    This is a huge money maker.

Querza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy copper rods from a vendor and sell them at the AH. I always sell 1 a day atleast and my price is around ~6g. It's not much, but it's a nice start for rerolling people etc.

Also almost sure this is known already but still here it goes. Go to shimmering flats and buy anacona chickens (non combat per) from the vendor there, he sells them for 1g/each and I sell them on AH for about ~26g each.

jodieharness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk if its been posted but something similiar has.
    post your buyout the same as the lowest, but make yr bid 1c lower. yrs will be top on the last. and the first one bought.

Zirekyle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coilfang Armaments

I've found that Coilfang Armaments are selling very well (10g each) on my server (Deathwing US), and I remember them being pretty easy to farm from normal Steamvault when I was getting my Cenarion Expedition to exalted. Going to try to farm some for gold soon, you guys should check the price on your server to see if it's worth it.

jimmylee7706's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AH got a lot harder for me when they stopped making Bottomscanner.

jpte's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone should clear out this Thread and remove all worthless posts like the one that i am writeing right now.
    "Banned on all 3 accounts permanently. Playing EVE now "

Paddey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Patchday and before the server's are going down make you're bid on high sell out but low bid items..

jkborup's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn there are some nice things in here.
    Me myself i just use jc to gain money.

clayton702's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Chudini, Its not the Buyout price that give you the highest rank on AH, for instance, lets say some one wants to buy a Bear Claw. One is posted with a buyout price of 29g99s99c and the Starting bid price is 29g99s99c Some one can post thier Bear Claw for the Same or Higher Buyout price, and if thier Starting Bid price is lower people searching by lowest price on AH will see thiers First. just tohught i'd Share!

thepetcig's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news everyone! I've figured out a way to use two different watch / unwatched overlays so now I can add them to the text-based lists. Update soon!

SilverAngul's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Begging for Gold Trick

Quoted from a guide online:

Begging for Gold

Yes, begging for gold works. These people are both the entertainment and disgrace of Stormwind. Create an alt with an emo anime name and level it to 7 or higher, then start chatting it up with people in Ogrimmar or Stormwind. Don't expect to become rich but do demand results. I've experimented with this a little bit and actually found myself in a giving mood enough times to know it works.

Here are a few tips that can help a lot:

1. Asking for gold for a specific reason (talents or a specific item on the Auction House)

2. Start a conversation about something else first, "Where's the mining trainer?"

3. Find people in isolated areas near profession trainers. The bystander effect is applicable in WoW, if you're in a mix of 20-30 people near the Auction House and mail box people are much more likely to ignore you.

4. If you find someone who responds, keep talking to them. Most people will ignore you, so the ones who respond are rare potentials.

high1ydevo1ved's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I always do to make some easy money is the pet vendor in Netherstorm, Stormspire. Dealer Rashaad is the name and Mana Wyrmlings are the money maker. They sell for 40 gold and occasionally you can get over 100g in an auction. I average at least 75 gold so its easy money.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast