0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is mainly for people with Mining.

Copper ore usely goes for about 4-6gold stack on my server.
    Tin ore goes for about 15-20gold on my server.
    If u have 20 copper bar and 20 tin bars u can get urself 40 Bronze bars, and they sell for about 40gold stack. thats 80 gold out of 25gold, a profit of 65gold, with maybe like 5mins of work if ur slow.
    This is a great way to earn cash while leveling or even at lvl 80.

I am not sure if this will be profit on ur server, but check.

Summary:
    U need Mining.
    20x Copper ore turn into bars.
    20x Tin ore turn into bars.
    turn Copper bar and Tin bar into bronze bars and get profit.

Auction House Tips Compilation - Post All Of Your AH Tips HERE!
    Trawlzor's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! First of all this is my first post ever on these forums. I made an account for about 2 years ago, but it never got "confirmed" or something - I never had the rights to post anything on the forums atleast!
    It was named TroelsSupras.

Well... I have now started using the fishbot named Mr.FishIT, and I fish under Wintergrasp. My big problem is that I cannot get to sell my damn fishes! The problem is that there is a guy who keeps undercutting my prices. This results in my auctions more or less becoming useless, since they will all buy his fish.
    When I undercut him it doesn't take him more than a few hours to undercut me again, and I bascicly have no chance winning the race.
    Our prices have gone alot down, from 35 g a stack to 20-25 gold.
    Does anybody have any idea how to beat him in this race, and make people buy MY fish, instead of his. Like, how long auction time I should set etc.

Thank you very much,

Troels!

Cancerpuffs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^First only put out for 24 hours. Put some of your stuff up and try to figure out some time ranges of when he comes on. Once you know that you will be able to wait until he puts his stuff up and undercut him. You can also trick him by only putting up a couple fish then after he undercuts, you just put up rest undercutting him.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cancerpuffs View Post
    You can also trick him by only putting up a couple fish then after he undercuts, you just put up rest undercutting him.
    I think that is what he is doing with me. How should I handle that?

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trawlzor View Post
    Hello! First of all this is my first post ever on these forums. I made an account for about 2 years ago, but it never got "confirmed" or something - I never had the rights to post anything on the forums atleast!
    It was named TroelsSupras.

Well... I have now started using the fishbot named Mr.FishIT, and I fish under Wintergrasp. My big problem is that I cannot get to sell my damn fishes! The problem is that there is a guy who keeps undercutting my prices. This results in my auctions more or less becoming useless, since they will all buy his fish.
    When I undercut him it doesn't take him more than a few hours to undercut me again, and I bascicly have no chance winning the race.
    Our prices have gone alot down, from 35 g a stack to 20-25 gold.
    Does anybody have any idea how to beat him in this race, and make people buy MY fish, instead of his. Like, how long auction time I should set etc.

Thank you very much,

Troels!
    First and foremost, Auctioneer is your best friend. You cannot run the AH successfully without it. I'm not gonna teach you how to use it, but I will give you a a few tips:

• If someone is consistently undercutting you by 10-15g a stack, then what you should do is buy out all of his fish and relist them at your desired price. It might cost a good chunk of gold, but you will make it back in no time (and then some extra).
    • Undercut the lowest seller by only 1s 1c. This allows you to be at the top of the list and still not lose out on much profit.
    • The best days to sell are after servers come up from maintenance and the 2-3 days afterwards (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for US servers) because those are the days most people raid. Weekends are not as good.
    • Cook the fish into Fish Feasts, split them into stacks of 5 and sell those. Other buff foods might work as well. Fish feasts go for about 150g a stack and the other buff foods go for 35-60g a stack on my server and the only thing you need to pay for is Northern spices (which are cheap as dirt usually) and possibly tipping a cook if you don't have one. The reason behind splitting the stacks up is that people are more willing to dish out 35g instead of 150g.
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 07-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good idea aswell. But I am thinking, if he is using a fishing bot as me, then it could be a quite big loss for me, since he might have endless stacks of fish in his bank, and when he has run out, he will just bot for a night and have lots of stacks again.

What is the price for the Wintergrasp fishies on your server?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nettlefish is selling like absolute garbage on my server 9g per stack and they aren't even selling. But Glacial Salmon and Sculpin are selling for 20-30g a stack right now. I expect the prices to jump up to 30-40g by Tuesday though

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I feel like none of my fish are selling. I sell MAX 10 stacks of fish a day, and that's not very much, of what I've got. But guess its about patience 6):

evil2's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    95% of these tips are:

1) buy ingredients if price is low
    2) create some stuff
    3) sell stuff if price is high
    4) buyers are people who don't want to invest this time

so it's all about "time".
    to save time, master these 3 things:

1) addons
    2) avoid non-seller items
    3) don't auction at bad times

sounds simple but thats the main factor for making ah gold
    and also the reason not many people doing it.

Trollin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Get Mining
    - Get Alchemy
    - Get a farming bot like GatherBuddy (optional)

- Get the tmpWintergrasp profile.. Go in Wintergrasp and farm Minerals
    - Farm all day or until your bags are full, etc.
    - Smelt ALL saronite ore >> bar
    - Smelt ALL titanium ore >> bar
    - Transmute ALL saronite bar >> titanium bar
    - Smelt ALL titanium bar >> titansteel bar
    - Become the boss of the Auction House.. With only 2-3 auctions/day (~4000g/day for me)

HALIOZ's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a good one:

Buy all Saronite Ore under >11g
    Smell all Saronite Ore and make Saronite Bare

1 Stack Saronite Bar = 24g -> 1g profit.
    Sell it now to a vendor for 25g.

Not best, but usefull, so if you have alot of mining botters ingame ask them.

swankboss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trollin View Post
    - Get Mining
    - Get Alchemy
    - Get a farming bot like GatherBuddy (optional)

- Get the tmpWintergrasp profile.. Go in Wintergrasp and farm Minerals
    - Farm all day or until your bags are full, etc.
    - Smelt ALL saronite ore >> bar
    - Smelt ALL titanium ore >> bar
    - Transmute ALL saronite bar >> titanium bar
    - Smelt ALL titanium bar >> titansteel bar
    - Become the boss of the Auction House.. With only 2-3 auctions/day (~4000g/day for me)
    I would love to do this, but I would not want to risk my account getting banned with gatherbuddy

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more tips I thought of. It may be considered common sense, but maybe some of you haven't thought of it or don't use these methods.

Have a sort of price margin for items you buy a lot. For instance, I buy a lot of infinite dust for enchanting but I never buy it more than 1g50s ea. Since I have a consistent stock of this item (Infinite dust) and buy it for no more than 1g50s when I see it going for 1g75s+ I put some up to sell. I do this for pretty much every Item I buy consistently.

Try undercutting during prime time (4pm-8pm) on weekdays. Most people are on at this time and are looking to buy certain items. If you undercut at night it might not be worth it unless maybe you're on a high populated server.

The basic rule of making gold has always been supply and demand.. So, try supplying the market with a large variety of things and not just one item. It can be hard to keep track of a lot of items, but you'll get the hang of what sells and what doesn't. Beancounter (part of auctioneer) tracks items that you have bought and sold. It's a great tool for looking at what items make you the most profit.

Selling expensive items in trade chat is extremely underrated. The auction house takes 5% of a sale (maybe 10 not 100% sure).. That means 25g from a 500g item.. 250g off of a 5,000g item. That adds up. ESP for certain BoE's you might be buying and reselling.

Cepthy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're an enchanter buy small prismatic shards which go on my server for under a G, make them into a large shard and sell for 10G +

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Casual Auctioneers Guide to Playing the Auction House

This is a compilation of some tips that I use that will allow you to make loads of money by spending just an hour a day in the Auction house. This guide is semi incomplete, and will never be fully completed. But I will add more useful tips as I encounter them.
    You will need Auctioneer and my addon Easy Mass Cancel (EMC is not necessary, but it makes canceling and relisting loads of auctions much easier and I felt like shamelessly advertising it )
    Disclaimer: As with all Auction House/Gold making tips, these are 100% server and faction dependent. That being said, I don't expect your server to be that much different than mine.

1. Faction Specific Pets: These are a gold mine. Sell Alliance pets on the Horde AH and vice-versa. If you don't have an opposing faction alt and a friend to help transfer goods cross faction, then what you can do is visit the nearest Goblin auction house and buy all the opposite factions pets that are less than 10g. On my server there is a seller that regularly sells cats for >5g. You can easily flip these and sell them for 35-50g (700-1000% profit!)
    2. Fish: Glacial Salmon, Musselback Sculpin, Nettlefish and Deviate Fish are great money makers and can be easily fished up using MrFishIt. These can go from 25-50g a stack and have very low deposit (about 1s). There are plenty of fishing spots on this site, a quick search yield lots of results. Best days to sell the fish are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (or whatever days people raid the most on your server) for obvious reasons.
    3. Low Level Enchanting Mats, Herbs, Ore and Gems: Buying out all the low level enchanting mats, herbs, ore and gems (mats used for 350 and lower) that Auctioneer shows as being under 100% and relisting them at 1c less per stack than the Average will yield some nice profits. Avoid the "small shards" (Small Glimmering Shard, Small Glowing Shard, Small Radiant Shard, Small Brilliant Shard. Small Prismatic Shard) as I have not had much luck being able to flip them for a profit. Dusts and Essences are your best bets. If it's more profitable you can smelt the ore into bars and resell or prospect the ore and sell the gems.
    4. Auctioneer Search Feature: I will expand on this section later, I can't take screen shots or anything atm as my server is down for another few hours. Here's a decent guide on using Auctioneer and the "Search" feature.
    5. Cloth: Buying up and reselling all Wool Cloth, Mageweave Cloth, and Runecloth. You can easily sell these for 15-20g a stack (if not more) so if you find stacks of the cloth for >7g. I have not had much luck with Linen Cloth, but you might.
    6. Epic Level 80 Recipes: Look through the recipes on the AH and find Ulduar, ToC, and even ICC recipes that are being listed on the AH for way less than they're worth. If you can find a recipe that is >150g you can most likely sell it for 500g+. It may seem like a gamble, but it's totally worth it in the end.
    7. Epic Gear: Essentially the same as Tip 6, except you're looking for Crafted gear from the recipes found in Tip 6 and BoE's that drop in Ulduar, ToC and ICC that are way underpriced. I'd recommend staying away from World drops and BoE's from Naxx and OS, the reason being is this gear is inferior to the newer gear and is not in as much of a demand.
    8. Neutral Ninja: This tip is somewhat controversial and will end up with some people extremely pi$$ed off at you. You can camp the neutral AH in hopes of finding high price items that someone is trying to send cross faction. If you're quick enough you can get awesome deals.I got 4 Solid Majestic Zircon the other day for just 4c, followed by an angry whisper demanding that I return them! Needless to say I sold them for 98g a pop! In my experiences, the best times to do this are right before your server's "Raid Times" and in the dead times early in the morning.
    9. Troll Trade Chat: This is not trolling in the usual sense, but instead spamming trade for items that you want for less than the auction house. For instance "WTB Frozen Orbs in bulk. 14g each". You can set the price you want and you will more then likely get some hits. Obviously sell these on the AH once you receive them. This works for just about anything, especially Primordial Saronite, Crusader Orbs, Frozen Orbs, Ore, Herbs and even gear! If you get really good deals on Frozen Orbs, you can trade them in for Eternal Fires (or whatever Eternal is going for the most on your server) and Crusader Orbs to maximize your profit margin!
    10. Iceblade Arrows: Buy out atleast 5 stacks of Iceblade Arrows. Now resell those stacks in stacks of 100 at 1c under the lowest stack of 1000. The reason being is 5 stacks of 1000 = 50 stacks of 100 (DUH!) and the most the auction house shows is 50 items per page, guaranteeing that you will be on the first page giving buyers the false impression that they're getting a good deal. It also helps that due to a UI bug a stack of 1000 shows as "100" so people can't tell the difference unless they use Auctioneer or something similar. I have made almost 4k in 3-4 weeks just in Iceblade sales! Some people have had luck doing the same technique using Shattered Rounds, but unfortunately I have not. This is a scam yes, but you cannot be banned for it..

That's it for right now until maintenance is done. I hope these help people out
    Once the servers are back up I will add more.

My Beancounter Results (as of the last month)
    Fish - 10,188g 8s 41c
    Iceblade Arrows - 3,981g 27s 47c
    Cloth - 285g 22s
    Pets - 10,611g 79s 63c

I have 4 days 16 hours of play time with 59,419
    g 97s 35c earned just on my bank alt using these methods. I have been using this particular bank alt for a little over a year. This averages out to 531g per hour.
    Last edited by DrWho1988; 08-24-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 ... LastLast