Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] For The Horde! Getting your bear mount (HORDE)

So I noticed a lot of people on my server are getting the black war bear now but I haven't really seen any guides on here about how to obtain it so I decided to compile this little guide. I know it seems like it would be very simple to get but the truth is on some servers with higher populations it can be very difficult.

This is just my version, I know with subjects like this opinions can get in the way-- and I am aware there are several methods of obtaining this mount and several different routes etc to get there and such.

THIS GUIDE IS FOR HORDE, I DO NOT PLAY ALLIANCE AND I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT- SO DONT ASK! Lol

Step 1. Get together a FULL 40-man raid group.

I recommend using people that are 75+ and have at least 18-25 lvl 80's in your group but this can vary greatly depending on what server you play on as well as the makeup and skill of your raid group.

Make sure you have 1 really good main tank for the bosses, and it doesnt hurt to have a few extra offtanks around for the guards. I reccomend 5 healers to be safe- but I have seen this done with as little as 3. As I said before it is very possible to do this with less people, and different group makeups but my goal in this guide is to get you a mount as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Step 2. Decide which route you plan to take

For this part I reccomend doing the harder cities first because if you do them by surprise it is possible to get the harder part of the raid over with before a majority of the alliance are alerted of your attacking them. I reccomend doing IRONFORGE first because this is by far the hardest of the cities to penetrate-- the hardest boss as well as the highest concentration of alliance players lies within Ironforge, so if you get it out of the way the rest of your raid is basically a breeze.

SO FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS GUIDE WE ARE GOING TO GO
    Ironforge-Stormwind-Darnassus-Exodar

BOSS #1- IRONFORGE

I usually get my raid organized and have everyone meet up in kargath (Badlands) as this is by far the easiest route to Ironforge. Once everyone is there you can run in a group into Ironforge

You want to the Boss fight to be quick and efficient, while attracking as many Alliance players as possible-- DO NOT STOP TO CLEAR GUARDS, JUST RUN IN AND IF THEY FOLLOW YOU, AoE Them down while killing the boss-- focus all fire on the boss and do not stop for anything untill he is dead.

Once he is dead, run to the deeprun tram and hop on it and head for Stormwind

BOSS #2- STORMWIND

For this one its basically just a matter of running from the tram to the keep and getting to the boss... Keep your group together as much as possible because the stormwind boss hits very HARD, and you want to make sure you have the tank on him right away. Focus fire DPS on the king untill he is down, while AoEing any guards away in the process.

Once the Stormwind King is down you can either have the raid attempt to run out, or you can simply hearth out and then regroup for the other side of the world.

BOSS #3- DARNASSUS

This boss is not that hard a fight, but getting to darnassus can prove to be a pain in the ass if your not prepared.

Have your raid meet up in Zoram Strand near Ashenvale and run to darkshore to the boat. You will have to hop on one of the boats heading to Teldrassil, which are swarming with Alliance guards, and possibly alliance characters as well.

Once you get off of the boat, take the portal into Darnassus. Watch your backs and stay together at this point- though Darnassus is a low population city in most cases, it can become tricky if the alliance are already waiting for you there.

Get to Tyrande and down his quickly.. he has ranged attacks similar to a hunter or moonkin druid, and can prove difficult when not arranged properly

BOSS #4- EXODAR

Fight your way back out of Darnassus (DO NOT HEARTH) and take the other boat to Azuremist Isle. On the other side is the backdoor entrance into Exodar. Once you get into Exodar through the back entrance you are right at the bottom of the stairs leading the the Exodar boss- Velenn.

Kill him quickly (hes easy) and CONGRATS ON YOUR MOUNT!

POINTERS-

-When PvP raiding of any kind, keep your group quiet, make sure people arent using /yell or hitting unnecessary guards as it can alert Alliance players or result in triggering the localdefense warning

-I like to do my PvP raiding at night, this is the time when the least of the players are online, however planning in advance can be a benefit because it can prove difficult to get 40 people together at 3am lol

-Make sure everyone in the raid knows the plan ahead of time, so people are on track and not running around aimlessly like morons... VENT IS YOUR FRIEND

-Do Not underestimate the difficulty of any raid, especially this one-- I have seen lvl 80 groups wipe on the Kara chess boss, simply because people thought they were mightier than they really were, and people didnt know the fight somehow

-Know your maps, and know your WoW areas-- remember the longer it takes your raid to get to the alliance.. the longer the alliance has to plot against your raid!

MAPS-

IRONFORGE BOSS-

Web Hosting / PHP Image Hosting
    STORMWIND BOSS-

DARNASSUS BOSS-
    EXODAR BOSS-

AND THAT COMPLETES MY GUIDE, I HOPE YOU ENJOY!
    Last edited by 7itanium; 01-02-2009 at 02:37 AM.

[Guide] For The Horde! Getting your bear mount (HORDE)
    Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll do pig. That'll do.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

[Thefuzz]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice detailed guide ^^

Claes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it lit my eyes on fire.

Maree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are the most wonderful person ever.
    Great information that provides us with everything we need to get the Bear.
    I stunned how well organized and colorful this all this. It almost made reading a habit.
    Your details made is so much easier to understand and see how this would work.
    Bravo!BRAVAAA
    Thank you so much,

master_4cs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maree120 View Post
    I stunned how well organized and colorful this all this. It almost made reading a habit.
    Bravo!BRAVAAA
    Thank you so much,

O.o

lolz

stormer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Best way to ''omFg The Hordies are actually Attacking! O.O!''

Sneaky way - get atleas one DK... then go Westfall and do Path of Frost and go by the water to SW harbor there are guards about lvl 60 so.. theyre wont alert so the first warnings you get is about... in the hall of the boss.. soo Profit! ?

But ofc tram is better if just killed IF boss. but then allys are prepared at SW.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-guides/150097-how-make-awesome-signatures.html

Pixo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way how I always did it was imo easier.

We started with Darnassus first, boat trip to there.. Then boat trip to exodar, and then take the boat to stormwind, taking tram to IF then. No mess up with a shitload of guards and players that see you, as IF is the crowdest city of the alliance imo. (atleast at my server)

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'd also have my Black Bear using Pixo's method if it wasn't for the crappy server imbalance.

Although going Darn --> Exo --> SW --> IF, they're going to anticipate your arrival then you're gonna get ganked, we had 2 raid groups go in and we got owned by almost 100 alliance, not to mention some douche pulled the king early.

Doubleerror's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing IF before SW is hard when you are on a high pop-server...
    The SW King is just too hard when the healers have to constantly heal both the group that gets to defend against the allys and the tank.

ALSO:
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    Get to Tyrande and down his quickly.. he has ranged attacks similar to a hunter or moonkin druid, and can prove difficult when not arranged properly
    Tyrande is a woman...

Pina's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now an Alliance guide! *cheer*

Zeraux's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually easier to have ranged DPS the boss down, while melee makes sure that allies wont interfere. This is what we did, and got the achievement easily.
    40 horde (75-80) vs. about 100 alliances in Iron Forge, can prove difficult if you don't have a way to keep them out.

-Zeraux

Nomiss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo!BRAVAAA
    Thank you so much,

Do I sense irony..?

Exp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo!BRAVAAA
    Thank you so much,
    Originally Posted by Nomiss View Post

Do I sense irony..?
    I surely do sence alittle bit of irony
    Ventis secundis, tene cursum
    Go with the flow.

LettersFromWar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're running with lower levels and only have 1 or 2 tanks, make sure to tell your shamans to put down grounding totem. Cyclones or mind controls by an unnoticed druid or priest in all the chaos can easily lead to a wipe in IF if you're not organized. For IF, I usually burn the boss down until the alliance show up, then have either the melee or ranged deal with the alliance. If you ignore them, they can just as easily wipe you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast