Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nether Drake Quest Line!

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Not written by me:

Note: this guide is for people who are halfway decent at this game, the quests are easy enough so I'm not going to write out every detail

To start out, you MUST have 300 riding skill and a riding mount, as of right now flight form doesn't work from what I'm told (since you aren't mounted), you must also have done the quest to get your Netherwing rep to neutral.

First, you need to talk to Mordenai in Netherwing fields, he will send you to talk to the general of the Dragonmaw orcs at the Netherwing encampment. This encampment is located right on the first E of Netherwing Ledge.
    There you will get several quests 2-4 daily quests based on how many gathering professions you have, and 1 repeatable quest. Daily quests are a new type of quest implemented with this patch, you can do each one once daily, but you can only do a max of 10 a day. This won't prevent you from doing the max possible quests for this chain each day, I'm guessing it's there to prevent you from grinding up for 2 mounts at once.

The quests you get are :

A Slow Death (Daily) 250 rep
    Get 12 Fel Glands from the nether rays on netherwing ledge, use these along with the quest item you received to poison the orcs working all around the ledge.

Netherdust Pollen (Daily) 250 rep
    This is the quest for herbalist, simple enough gather 40 pollens from the netherdust bushes found around the ledge. I don't know the names, but there is a similar quest for miners and skinners.

Netherwing crystal (Daily) 250 rep
    Collect 40 Netherwing crystals, these drop off of the flayers on the ledge and any mobs in the mines south of the encampment. I personally had the best drop rates off of the fallen in the back of the mine, but different people reported better drop rates for different things.

Not so friendly skies (Daily)
    Get 10 Netherwing relics from the Dragonmaw transporters flying between Netherwing ledge and the Dragonmaw Fortress. Land on one of the floating islands between the island and the mainland and use ranged attacks to pull the transporters to you. Pretty easy quest, though their aimed shot hits for a lot so if you see the bow come out for a long time try to stun them.

Great Netherwing egg hunt (Repeatable) 350 rep first turn in, 250 subsequent turn ins
    This is the only completely repeatable quest there is, and it's to turn in a netherwing egg. These eggs can come from anywhere herbs, mining, mob drops, there are even eggs that spawn along the ridge that you can click on to loot. Sadly though, the drop rate on these is incredibly low, I probably only got 15 or so during the entire rep grind. I'm not sure how common the lootable ones will be once the servers are live, I think they take a while to spawn and the server wasn't usually up long enough for them to show up.

Repeat these quests until you get to friendly which opens up :

Overseeing and you: making the right choices 350 rep
    Bring 10 knothide leather and 1 tyrannitor hide to the npc to have your weapon crafted. Tryanitor is the level 71 Trex in the far north dome in Netherstorm. Note: the hide is a drop, it is not skinned

This leads to :

The Booterang (not the right name) (Daily) 350 rep
    You are given a booterang and have to discipline 20 dragonmaw peons with it. Pretty easy, just fly around and look for the peons that are either sleeping or are read and angry, the booterang is usable from your mount.

Picking up the pieces (Daily) 350 rep
    Collect 15 Nethermine cargo from the mine. Easy enough, just run around looking for lootable mine carts.

Dragons are the least of our problems (Daily) 350 rep
    Kill 15 Nethermine Flayers are 5 Nethermine Ravagers these aren't hard to find, second path from the left at the second split in the tracks at the mine (first split doesn't matter, both take you to the same place)

Crazed & confused 350 rep
    I was kind of surprised that this wasn't daily, but anyway to get to the npc stay left while going through the mines, eventually you'll see a netherdrake, drop down and you'll see the quest npc as you exit that area. The quest is to kill 5 Miners and 1 Foreman, to get to them go to the place with the flayers mentioned in the quest above and head to the right when given the choice.

Do these until you get honored

Building a Soul Cannon 500 rep
    Bring the guy at camp 2 felsteel bars, 1 adamantite frame, 1 khorium power core, and one quest item. You get the quest item in terrokar forest in the area above the horde base that you can only get to with a flying mount. There's a guy there who will summon 5 elementals of each element one at a time, after you kill each of them you get the item, all easily soloable.

This leads to :

Subduing the Subduer 500 rep
    Ok this quest can be difficult if you don't know what to do. Basically you have to channel a spell from your gryphon onto xxx the subduer a 73 elite in twilight ridge in nagrand. What you have to do is keep far enough back from him, and dodge his bolts to eventually drain his life down, I found it easier to train him around the center of the camp keeping across the center from him at all times (note: height has nothing to do with melee range so don't try to just fly high enough that he won't melee you). The biggest problem with this quest is that if you die while you're on your gryphon your corpse stil floats in the air, and if it's too high up you have to gy rez. However, the graveyrard you are sent to when you die in this area does not have a spirit healer. -_- if your faction controls halaa you can rez there...we didn't so I had to run all the way back to terrokar since I couldn't remember where any nagrand gys were to save my life. Once you win you get to choose between 4 green quest rewards, none of which are very overwhelming.

Disrupting the Twiligth Generator (Daily) 500 rep
    Kill any 20 of the mobs at the same place as the above quest.

Race quests 500 each for first 5, 1000 for 6th
    At this level you also unlock the Race quests. Basically this is a series of 6 quests where you try to fly behind each of the riders and not get knocked off by the bombs/magic/meteors they throw at you. The first 5 aren't too bad once you learn how to avoid their attacks. The final race is either really rough or bugged at the moment, because if you aren't right on top of the guy he'll despawn. The others you could get a little range to dodge at least. Also a riding crop/pally aura makes this a lot easier since he's faster than you, reward is a +10% mount speed trinket.

Revered

The greatest trap ever (Daily) (3 man group)- 500 rep
    You are told that you need to lead a group of dragonmaw to attack the aldor(scryer) base, once there you talk to a few npc's then start an attack. You will have 8 non elite npc's assisting you and 1 elite npc, your goal is to keep the elite npc alive while fending off all the dragonmaw. There are several waves of these guys so just try to dps them down as best you can. Right now the quest is bugged due to the fact that all the mobs are mounted so melee dps is kind of worthless against them. The battle takes place literally 3 steps from the graveyard so it isn't hard to just walk over and rez if you die.

Repeat these till exalted and enjoy your mount
    - http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=120.0
    - (Pictures) http://www.wowhead.com/?search=nether+drake

You can start questing for the Netherwing faction as soon as you get 300 riding skill as of patch 2.1. They are located in Shadowmoon Valley. The faction cannot be grinded, since the quests are "daily".

MY math (please post corrections if you feel I am wrong):
    Rep needed:
    3000+6000+12000+24000
    =45000 rep needed

Doing 3 Daily quests (Before friendly):
    =750 rep + 250 for every egg you find on the way (well say 2 per 1.5 hrs)
    -Thats 1250 rep In about 1.5-2 hours
    -Do this for 2-3 days

Doing 4 Daily quests (friendly):
    =1400 rep
    -Do this for 4-5 days

Do the two actual non-repeatable quests
    =1000 rep

Doing 2 Daily quests (honored)
    1000 rep (1500 rep after doing the race quest 5 times)
    -Do this for 6-7 days

Doing 1 Daily quest (Revered)
    500 rep
    -Do this + your honored quests for about 11 days

Total = 24.5 days (little less then a month) for a casual but determined player who plays for atleast 1.5-2 hours a day

Now this is very rough and done with alot of estimation on time and such but I believe it will look very close to this. I am not positive which quest can be done once you pass friendly and suck like with the sporregar or if that even happens at all. If it dosn't you could always throw in one more quest and get this done on way less time. Also I'd like to note that a good and coordinated group will make this alot faster
    Last edited by Maverike; 05-17-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Nether Drake Quest Line!
    SuperNinjaBob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Nether Drake Quest Line!

nice +rep but im like 1.5 lvls from 70 lol and when it says u need a mount wat kind of mount? epic ground, a regular flying mount, or a epic one? O.o

"You know why the setting sun is red? Light contains lots of colors,
    but red has the longest wave length and reaches the farthest."

Apocalypse's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to have all the riding skills bought it looks like this:
    1st ground mount=75 riding(around 80g for riding?)
    2nd epic ground mount=150(around 500g+ depends on rep)
    3rd regular flying=225(i think same as epic not sure havent gotten)
    4th epic flying=300(i think 5000g yea, go ahead go scream out your windows at your neighbors to vent your anger and frustration. It gets alot easier to earn gold in Outlands but not that easy =P )

Nice find though, +rep for it

Maverike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To qoute myself:
    You can start questing for the Netherwing faction as soon as you get 300 riding skill as of patch 2.1.

ownage210's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do your proffesions have to be up higher to herb those plants for that one quest or what cuz my proffs are really bad =(. If not is it possible to just skip those quests?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the quests are optional, but you need to get to exalted and skipping the big rep quest won't help you =P

kelat's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice job dude i gotta post here so ill remember to give u rep :P

Elt-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+rep mate, thanks for showing this, too bad i dont have 300 riding skill... (wasted too much money on twinking)

wickermanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+REP this is a great guide.. very useful.. thz
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BurnTheWickerman

Shanaar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great guide

+rep
    Last edited by Shanaar; 04-24-2007 at 11:46 AM.
    If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of Progress?

erethor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you need mining/herb/skinning for one of the quest parts?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you need mining/herb/skinning for one of the quest parts?
    Netherdust Pollen (Daily) 250 rep
    This is the quest for herbalist, simple enough gather 40 pollens from the netherdust bushes found around the ledge. I don't know the names, but there is a similar quest for miners and skinners.
    Not having mining/skinning/ or herb would eliminate this quest from your available rep quests, bringing your daily rep income down by 250 =/ As far as I know the pollen is BoP.

Elites360's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great guide +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picture for those of you who maybe wondering or too lazy to check out the site =P Closest one is the Onyx Nether Drake.

spacecowboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw 4000g riding skills, I am never ever farming that.

Who _NEEDS_ an epic flying mount besides carebears, anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast