i prefer my naked gnome bank alt but good guide =)
Hello, in this guide I will show you how to make a succesfull, and goodlooking Banking Alt.
I will mainly go for the Alliance side, Because I don't have that much experience with Horde.
First of all, you have to choose a race & a class.
This is completely up to you, but it will affect your final outfit.
- Human - Easy walk to Stormwind, can be Paladin.
- Nightelf - Bit longer way, and many fierce Mobs on the way, to Darnassus.
- Dwarf - Rather long walk to Ironforge, can be Paladin.
- Gnome - Rather long walk to Ironforge, easy to run around with, and if you rob the bank, they wont notice you (;
- Draenei - About the same as Darnassus, but no Mobs on the way. Exodar is a bit tricky.
- Orc - Not too long to Orggrimmar, you can just Auto-run almost the whole way. Zeppelin to Undercity. (Orcs look great with Tuxedo set)
- Undead - Long and dangerous way to Undercity. Good transportation, crystal to Silvermoon, and Zeppelin to Orggrimmar.
- Tauren - Not long away from Thunderbluff, but hard to get to other cities, unless summoned.
- Troll - Not too long to Orggrimmar, you can just Auto-run almost the whole way. Zeppelin to Undercity.
- Bloodelf - Good transportation, the crystal to Undercity, and then Zeppelin to Orggrimmar.
You can pick whichever class you want, the only thing you have to think about is how you want your final gear to look like.
For this I would recommend Warrior/Paladin, simply because they can wear both leather & cloth, along with their mail.
If you plan to level it to 10, then you might just think a little bit more about which class you'll choose.
Example: If you want to be able to dual-wield, then go for rogue (Dual Blacksmith's hammer look great)
Or if you want a bearbank, take a druid.
If you want Ultrafast-banking, level either a Hunter, or a Mage, to level 20, for Aspect of the Cheetah and Blink.
Here, you might aswell just take the place you like the most.
But if you take a closer look at the location of the bank/mail of the different cities, you might make your job easier.
- Stormwind - Good place. The Mailbox is right outside the Bank and the Auction House is pretty close too. Best place to /2
- Darnassus - Quiet place, which means nearly no lag. Bank & Mailbox is extremely close to each other, but AH is far away. Nearly no trades here.
- Ironforge - AH, Bank & Mailbox is close - another good place. Nearly as good as Stormwind for /2'ing
- Exodar - The Mailbox and Auction house are not very far away, about the same distance as the Ironforge Bank and Mailbox. Nearly no trades occurs here.
- Orggrimmar - Bank & Mail is close, AH a bit longer. Best place if you are /2'ing
- Undercity - Quiet place, a bit far from bank to AH, and Mail. Second best place, also many trades are here. Also if you like jumping, this is the place for you (;
- Thunderbluff - Things are close here, but nearly no trades occurs here.
- Silvermoon - Nice, and quiet city. Nearly no trades occurs here.
You could also make a Neutral AH banker, but the things doesn't sell that well on these.
Now that you have made you character, and chosen where to be, you can move on to your gear selection.
- Head - Noble's Monocle Or Ruby Shades (These are so last year, but hey! I like them!-9
- Neck - Tarnished Silver Necklace
- Shoulders - Only aviable is the Mantle of the Fire Festival (Very hard, and will certainly get you some levels)
- Cape - Best would be none, because low level capes are short.
- Chest - Tuxedo Jacket
- Shirt - Tuxedo Shirt OR Formal White Shirt
- Tabard - Guild tabard Or simply none.
- Wrist - Antique Silver Cufflinks
- Gloves - Frayed Gloves
- Belt - Frayed Belt
- Legs - Tuxedo Pants
- Boots - Frayed Shoes
- Rings - The Rock Or Tarnished Silver Ring Or Gold Wedding Band
- Trinkets - Only aviable Insignia of the Alliance This is nearly impossible to obtain at level 1-10, but possible.
- Weapons - Blue Brewfest Stein (Brewfest) Or Skinning Knife Or Blacksmith Hammer Keen Machete
- Offhand - Black Rose Or Bouquet of Black Roses Or Red Sparkler Or Whatever fish you might like (;
These addons will greatly improve you efficiency, so go download them already!
- Auctioneer - Auctioneer - Addons - Curse
- CT_Mailmod - CT_MailMod - Addons - Curse
- Postal - Postal - Addons - Curse
- OneBag (Optional) - OneBag - Addons - Curse
- Bagnon (Optional) - Bagnon - Addons - Curse
You could use different Addons, but you need something for the AH, something to manage your mail, and whatever you need to make it easier for you.
Screenshot of my Banker (Not quite done yet)
My banking alt (Outdated, I has Ruby Shades now (Bought them when they were 2k gold >_<))
How to make money with your banking alt
I'm working on this ATM, possibly making a video (;
Last edited by Brainsick; 11-09-2008 at 07:26 AM.
i prefer my naked gnome bank alt but good guide =)
TBH, IMO This is Extremely Pointless
Seems good, +4 rep for putting work into this.
I'm working on a video, hoping to get it finished tomorrow~ ;d
I Like it ;D +rep for reminding me to take care of my banker
You forgot to include +walking speed enchant. it helps too
I really like this, seems like you made an effort. Good job
this is definetly copy paste sry to say i know it by
"Stormwind - Good place. The Mailbox is right outside the Bank and the Auction House is pretty close too. Best place to /2
Darnassus - Quiet place, which means nearly no lag. Bank & Mailbox is extremely close to each other, but AH is far away. Nearly no trades here."
in 1.0 /2 wasnt linked and that was a looong time ago and this is reffering too unlinked /2 by saying good place for /2 and nearly no trades cuz if theyre linked every city has the same trades so this is pulled out an old archive sry
i hate 6yr old Germans
Nice :-) +rep
I made this from scratch. What i mean, is that if someone is selling something, they problary isn't located in Darnassus, because it's quite quiet. And I'll add the Minor Speed enchant, on boots (:
Last edited by Brainsick; 11-09-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Called mine Cillitbank ,thought it was funny
thx this will help me once i hit 70
wait i forgot to say why do u need bank cahrs when u got a lvl 70 ?