0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auctioneer Guide - How to Make lots of Gold

Alright, I'm sure you have seen a lot of guides out there telling you that you can make money off of what they tell you to do. The things I tell you will make you rich, maybe not over night, but will eventually make you rich. I've been doing these things for a while now, and I've slowly gained a lot of money.

OK so here are a list of things you will need:

Lots of determination and patience, if you want to be good at this you have to put time into it. I usually sit at the AH for around 2-3 hours a day.

A bank alt, with a name that doesn't infer anything to a bank, just use the random name generator. The reason you do this is because people tend to not buy from someone if they know its their bank alt, they would rather buy from a "legit" person, so make a name that looks legit.

Preferably that bank alt is in its own guild with its own guild bank with at least 1 tab. The reason you should do this is because you will be dealing with a lot of items, and some items you may get in bulk, and not want to flood the market with. This also allows you to store money so you don't spend it all. Give your bank alt roughly 500g to start with, and that will build over time, if you can't afford that we'll start with 100g.

Auctioneer Advanced

Bottomscanner

If you have a character that can DE stuff Enchantrix will be a big benefit

The easiest thing to do is get all of these in the main package

Another Addon I use a lot is Igors Mass Auctions, it allows you to set up 18 auctions at a time

You can run this simultaneously with Auctioneer Classic, I actually prefer this as it gives me more data to read.

Install those and head to the AH.

*Auctioneer Data*

For better prices and readings, you will need to scan the AH a lot, I usually scan 3-4 times a day every day. This makes the prices more accurate and in time, makes you more money. So if you haven't scanned in a while, or don't have too many scans recorded, your prices may be off.

A good way to get quicker scans is to uncheck the Quivers, Projectiles, and Containers sections.

*Buying Tips*

Bid on auctions before server downtime, such as server restarts for maintenance

The weekends are when the most players are on the servers, so lots of people = lots of undercutting

Major undercut frenzies mean deals because everyone undercuts the person before them because they don't want to re-list their items

Run scans late Sunday night or early Monday morning

*Selling Tips*

Sell during prime time: the best time to list auctions is Friday evening, before all the players start logging on, and on Sunday morning before all the players start listing their mass of auctions and undercuts.

Sell when the buyers are there and buy when the sellers are there.

The more you relist items, the more gold you lose on that item.

Always use a buyout option, never list an item without one, people want instant gratification, but make the bid price roughly around the buyout.

*Item Stacks*

Never sell an uneven stack of an item, people are lazy and do not want to take the time to figure out how much they are getting and if it is a good deal or not.

So list things in stacks of 1,2,5,10,20

*Minimum Bids*

There is a neat little trick to do with your auctions to make them seen more often.

The way the auction house works is it shows the lowest minimum bid first. So if you want your auctions to be seen, look at the lowest bid and undercut that minimally so it will get bumped up a few slots.

Say a person has a bid of 10g and a buyout of 11g, put the item up at bid for 9g95s and a buyout of 10g 95s.

The downfall of this is that if you do it too much, the value of the item will go down, and you won't make as much money, so don't do this on items where you make your main money from.

*Psychology of a Buyer*

Make your prices seem like a "sale" or a "deal" or a "discount" when they really aren't. So instead of listing items at 10g list them as 9g99s

if you buy an item say for 5g, when you sell it put the bid at say roughly 9g95s or so and the buyout at like 11g95s or 12g95s, buyers see the 9g95s and their brain functions and they see 9-10g. Then they make the decision, "Well for 2g I can get this item now." then they will get the impulse to buy it.

*Good Selling Items*

Twink Items
    Leveling Items
    Gems for Jewelcrafting
    Raid BOE Items
    Hot recipe materials
    Consumable materials
    Reputation items
    Rare Tradeskill items
    Items with no listing fees ( Enchanting items )

*Strategies*

Using the "Search Auctions" function:

Enter in these settings into a search and save it:

Buyout / profit 50s / percentless 25%/ item quality: common/ category restriction: trade goods/

Buyout / profit 1g / percentless 50%/ item quality common/ category restriction: consumables/

Bid / profit 50s / percentless 25%/ item quality common/ category restriction: trade goods/

Bid / profit 1g / percentless 50%/ item quality common/ category restriction: consumables/

After you have those entered, start searching for items.

Click on the Pct tab, and list highest to lowest, the highest number means this is how much profit you would be making in percent. So I usually go for things that are 90% or above.

This is pretty straightforward, the only thing here is you need to have some common sense and some knowledge of the market about what to buy and resell. Basically just look at what the item is and see if it seems like a ridiculous price for that item, such as Cold Milk for 5g.

So most of the items in red would be good deals, although you only make a profit of ~50s if you buy them out and resell them.

Things like these are bad so watch out for the item as well as the price, if you are at all unsure, just ignore it as you could be losing money if you didn't know how to deal with it:

After all those searches are through we'll move on to the next strategy.

Using the Auctioneer Broker:

A good way to view these are to unlock the chat window and stretch it to max size like so :

For this we're going to need to make 4 macros:

/auctioneer broker 200
    /auctioneer broker 500
    /auctioneer broker 750
    /auctioneer broker 1000

Make each one of those a separate macro, the number indicates the number of silver it is looking for so 1000 = 10g

Here is some sample data we will analyze, this is taken from the 10g search macro:

This is broken down into:
    stack size - item - last amount seen - HSP = Highest Sellable Price - BO = Buyout - Prof = Profit

Ok so the stack size and item are pretty straight forward.

The last amount seen basically means the amount of that item that was on the AH when the last scan was taken.

The HSP = Highest Sellable Price, this is basically telling you how much you will be listing it for.

The BO or Buyout is how much you can buy it for now.

The Prof or Profit is how much you would make off of the transaction, so if you bought the item for 9g90s, and relisted it for 22g40s you would make roughly 12g50s.

This idea is pretty much straight forward, all you have to do is hit the macro, wait for the list to come up, search for the item(s), buy them, go to your mailbox, come back and relist them for a higher price.

*Note: The macro numbers can be changed to a higher amount, but you may have less success with higher numbers.

Using Bottomscanner:

I do not take credit for this post, but these are the settings I use, for my bottomscanner: My Auctioneer Advanced Settings and Methodology / Alcaras' Blog / Subcreation

Just follow that post to set up your bottom scanner settings.

The best thing to do to get a lot of results is to scan while bottomscanner is running. I do this multiple times just to make sure I get the most I can.

While running bottom scanner, a thing will pop up notifying you there is a deal.

This is broken down into:
    Item Name:Stack Size
    Seller: <Name> : Remain: <time>
    Buyout Price
    Why you are purchasing
    How much it's worth
    How much you may profit
    How much return you would get in %
    How much you are getting it for discounted %
    How much more profit it is above your filter (Say you have 1c to be the minimum profit, it will show you how much more you are making than 1c)

Always click bid/buyout on vendor items, this is just pure profit, it may not be much but its more than nothing.

If you can disenchant stuff, check the item level, I usually don't bother with anything less than level 50 items, because the materials that they produce are not worth that much and can be a hassle to sell, level 50 items + produce Greater Eternal Essences which are always needed for those last few enchanting levels, so you can hike the price of them up a bit and they will still sell.

You can do the same if you have a Jewelcrafter that can prospect.

Also if you have an item that comes up as a bogus price, just hit the ignore button and it will ignore that item forever.

I turned off my EmatsConvert because I'd always end up with uneven stacks of things to change, such as motes or essences that are supposed to be converted to primals or greater essences.

The only thing to worry about bottom scanner is the value prices may be off, just make sure you don't buy everything and expect a turn around on it. There will be some things that are not worth buying even though they may seem like it. To get a clearer reading of the information of that item, just hover your mouse over the item and it will show you auctioneers data which you can see if the bottom scanner price is right or not.

After buying your items, you will go to the mailbox and pick them up. This is where it gets confusing, if you bought a lot of stuff for vendor, and a lot of stuff for disenchanting, how will you know whats what? Well there is an easy solution to this. Hover your mouse over the item, and look at the bottom of the data. This will tell you what you bought that item for, how long ago you bought it, and how much you bought it for.

Using the Browse Function:

This requires you to use Auctioneer Advance and a bit of gold (~500g).

This is also pretty easy to do unless you have a lot of people on your server doing this.

All you have to do is have a good Auctioneer database.

Go to your AH and open up the screen.

Go up to the top and change the rarity to Epic and hit Search.

Go over to the Pct Column and click on it so its showing least to greatest.

You are looking for numbers that are below 50% or are blue. Sometimes there will be a deal that is below 60% but not that often.

This means that the item is currently under its valued price so its a deal.

To check for a deal, look at the Auctioneers Data to determine whether it is a deal or not, so if it is blue, and it is less than the suggested auctioneer data pricing then get it, otherwise leave it there.

Things to avoid are the level 57 tailoring patterns Robe of the Void and Robe of the Archmage and the priest one, these do not sell very well.

You can do this for rare items as well, but it takes more time to sort through all of them, you could also filter it with the level range if you wanted.

Making a little money off of Netherweave cloth:

Many of you know this already, and has been posted around here many of times, but I feel I should mention it anyways. I mean you're at the AH already, why not do it?

Well to start off we'll do the Cloth > Bandages Method

Go to the AH and search for Netherweave Cloth

Buy any stacks that are less than 3g each

Turn them into Heavy Netherweave Bandages, then vendor them

It's that easy.

So you're probably asking yourself, why do this? Well you buy the stacks of cloth for less than 3g each, well the stack of bandages is sold for 6g, so you are making a few silver off of those stacks.

Another method is to take the cloth, turn it into Bolts of Netherweave, then turn them into Netherweave Bracers, then Disenchant them.

This depends on your servers economy as to how much each item comes out to be.

So your stack of cloth turns into 3x Bolt of Netherweave, which is needed to make 1 Netherweave Bracer

So 1 stack of cloth has to be worth less than 2-3 Arcane dust and 2-3 Lesser Planar Essences.

*Understanding Auctioneer/Auctioneer Classic/Enchantrix Data*

Ok here is a picture of an item where we will analyze the data to see what means what.

Enchantrix data:

Ok The first thing that comes up is the Enchantrix data, which is under the item level.

This shows what it has a chance to DE into, and how much of that item it may be. If it is any number that ends with .5 that means it could be either 1 up or 1 down of that number, so 1.5 means it could be either 1 or 2 of those items.

The next line shows what skill is needed to DE that item.

The next four lines are the pricing for this item:
    AucAdv= How much AucAdv thinks it is worth
    HSP = Highest Sellable Price for that item, this is most likely what you should gauge your pricing for it.
    Median = How many times it is seen and that is the average price for it
    Baseline= I'm not really sure about this, I've never paid attention to it.

Ok now we will move on to the Auctioneer / Auctioneer Advanced Data:

Auctioneer Data:

First line is the Item level

Then the number of times the item is seen, this is very important to gauge the accuracy of the pricing of this item the higher the number of times seen the more accurate the prices are.

These are the Averages for the item:
    The average Starting Bid
    If there was a bid with no buyout
    The Average buyout at 100%
    The average buyout total

The last # seen had the average buyout of this
    The last scanned buyout has this

The suggested price in min bid/ buyout

If you were to sell this item, it would be undercutting of 5% to sell it. There are other options such as :

Marking up vendor by 300%: This item has not been seen at auction. We are estimating that it will be worth 3 times more than what you could sell it to the vendor for.

Undercutting by x%: This item has competition on the market, but it's not so bad that we'd be cutting our throats by matching them.

No competition: This item is not on the market, you have a monopoly on this item at this point in time.

Competiton above market: The prices for this item are no threat to you as they are all over prices (you could afford to bump your prices up a little too, if you felt like it)

Cannot match lowest price: The lowest price is too far below the market value. Selling at this point in time is not recommended. Either bide your time until this item is gone, risk it and put your item up any way at a higher price, manually reduce your price to match it, or buy out the cheap items, and relist them and your items for proper market value.

Using my current price: You have the most competitive price on the market, so we are relisting at your current price.

No data for HSP: No data exists to work out what the highest sellable price for this item is.

Then we have if you can buy from a vendor, how much it would be.

The vendor price

Who it's sold by (If anyone)

The class of item ( What section of the AH it would be under)

What the item was bought for

Auctioneer Advanced Data:

How long the auction was up for

How much the item is in % compared to your data, the lower the number, the cheaper it is, the higher the number the more expensive it is, compared to your data.

The suggestion of what to do with the auction

The Simple prices are not that important they just show you the server averages for the item same for the standard deviation prices

The resale valuation is if you bought this item, you would make x amount of gold.

The vendor value again

the DE value
    The enchanting mats value of the DE

*Closing*

That's pretty much it, you will need to be persistent in doing these things, to make money. If you do all four things every day, it increases the chances of you making more money.

Also if you have any questions or comments feel free to post them, or PM them to me.

Auctioneer Guide - How to Make lots of Gold
    sku_u's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice copy paste of a guide that was available on eBay a while ago. You even used the same images.

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sku_u View Post
    Nice copy paste of a guide that was available on eBay a while ago. You even used the same images.
    How can that be if I just made them a few minutes ago, and uploaded them to my photobucket? Also why would I copy something from ebay. Please don't come in here saying its a copy and paste when it's not.

Taita's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this guide. Finally I can understand Auctioneer. Gj.

Zifa's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide Maffyx, Pretty long lol, But i cant use this one, my patience meter is about 0.01%

+Rep though!

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins View Post
    Nice guide Maffyx, Pretty long lol, But i cant use this one, my patience meter is about 0.01%

+Rep though!
    Yea I understand that haha, basically the important parts are under the strategies, thanks for the rep!

xrealemotion's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks very nice. Thanks +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xrealemotion View Post
    looks very nice. Thanks +rep
    I'm glad you like it, but just saying +rep doesn't actually rep me

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maff, I do like your contributions, this one aswell, but there's alot of theese guides already...
    But A for effort I guess!

Edit: have to spread...................................

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Thidan View Post
    Maff, I do like your contributions, this one aswell, but there's alot of theese guides already...
    But A for effort I guess!

Edit: have to spread...................................
    Aye, just showing the methods I use to make gold.

Chris2308's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the second big screenshot of the AH how can ice cold milk make a profit of 77G?

That is just screwed up.
    Freewow.kick-ass.net private server, check us out.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chris2308 View Post
    On the second big screenshot of the AH how can ice cold milk make a profit of 77G?

That is just screwed up.
    You can't, It's saying that's what you should be watching out for...
    Last edited by The Maffyx; 09-28-2008 at 01:36 PM.

gaship's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooer, nice guide

Here, have some rep