0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Pre-BC Epics worth acquiring

While on thottbot I have come across several nice epics from pre-bc raids that are really worth getting. Most of them come from the higher end raids such BWL, NaXX, etc... Not only are these good items they are the perfect excuse for your guild to relive the glory days or if you didn't get that far experience it for the first time. Hope you enjoy

Scarab Brooch Scarab Brooch - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

This trinket gives a damage shield equal to 15% of your heals for 30 seconds. I didn't really understand this the first time so heres an example. Shaman heals you for 3000 with healing wave which gives you 450 damage shield. This trinket is good for pve to prevent over healing and gives shamans, druids, pallys a low ranking Power of Word spell. It is also a good pvp healing trinket and has been used by several top arena teams.

Glyph of Deflection Glyph of Deflection - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

A great tanking trinket that STACKS with gnomeregan auto blocker Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 - Thottbot: World of Warcraft . Warriors can do really high damage shield slam with this. Great for generatining lots of tps when combined with the auto blocker. Has some decent stats on it nothing huge though. Its nothing T5 or greater but is still really good and pretty fun.

Fetish of the Sandreaver Fetish of the Sand Reaver - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

This trinket reduces your threat by 50% at lvl 70 which for me as a elemental shaman is great for a kind of aggro dump. THe trinket is good for AoE situations when you don't want to gain aggro. Many fury warriors like to pick this up as well as other classes.

Mind Quickening Gem Mind Quickening Gem - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

This is a really situational trinket. I think it works best for the shorter boss fights or for quick burst damage in pvp. Increases casting speed by 20% plus icy veins and bloodlust would probably get you down to a pretty fast casting fireball. THe Skull of Gul'dan a Black Temple The Skull of Gul'dan - Thottbot: World of Warcraft trinket only gives 175 hast on use albiet it has a shorter cool down and better passive stats but still puts into perspective the value of this trinket.

Eye of the Dead Eye of the Dead - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

(Warning this comes from Naxx which can still kick your ass if you don't take it seriously)

I like this trinket a lot. It allows you to make five really nice big heals and you don't end up over healing like with other +healing on use trinkets. This is most definitely situational but still a really good trinket to have none the less.

Black Grasp of the Destroyer black grasp of the - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Now this item I am really not sure of. Seems like it would be kind of good for mana regen but I don't really know enough about hunters to be sure. I think its use would be for kara badge runs when you don't want to use consumables. Maybe with a fast bow and fast shot rotation you good get 30 mp5 out of it.

Edit I missed two cool ones

Skull of impending Doom Skull of Impending Doom - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Right now your thinking this a really stupid effect I know but it has its uses. IF your are ice trapped, polyd, charmed, gouged if you use this it causes damage to you which if you know the mechanics of these crowd control will free you. So instead of a 4k pyroblast, 4k soul fire, 3.5k aimed shot you will only take about 1k from one tick. Just be sure to remove the buff when you are free or else it will do damage of its full effect. Another cool use if you are starting new material with your guild if you use this and it kills you your armor want take damage.

Tidal Charm Tidal Charm - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

A nice 3 second stun what can I say. As a elemental shaman I really like having some sort of crowd control. Its also a ranged stun which is cool. It has a reduced effect against 70 but if it doesn't go off it doesn't burn the cool down. So just press the trinket like 3-4 times to get it to work.

Hope you liked my list and if you think one item shouldn't be there say it because I don't want people wasting their time trying to get this. But do so in a kind way and don't flame. And if every single item in this is a repost I wasted a bit of time...
    Last edited by shaman1234; 08-15-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Great Pre-BC Epics worth acquiring
    matser's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice job

shaman1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot to mention if anyone has items to add to the list please do =)

hackerkiyoshi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [quote=shaman1234;1013551]Black Grasp of the Destroyer black grasp of the - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Now this item I am really not sure of. Seems like it would be kind of good for mana regen but I don't really know enough about hunters to be sure. I think its use would be for kara badge runs when you don't want to use consumables. Maybe with a fast bow and fast shot rotation you good get 30 mp5 out of it.quote]

i believe that one of the bows in BT has the same item effect as the gloves.

Tengu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Illidan bow. Even got a similar name, Black bow of the betrayer.
    Black Bow of the Betrayer - Item - World of Warcraft

whyte_boi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice find, the first trinket sounds really nice

+rep

Fezz0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great list keep up the good work

Orithimar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide dude but you forgot...

Neltharion's Tear - Thottbot: World of Warcraft
    This trinket is easily usable up to BT imo, Neltharion's Tear

Rejuvenating Gem - Thottbot: World of Warcraft
    Also again this trinket is imba for priests raiding TK /SSC, other classes may use but i think this is mainly for priests, Rejuvenating Gem

mynameisunknown's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hand of Edward the Odd. A quick swap and u can gain 320 spell haste , its also boe so u might pick it up from AH.

mynameisunknown's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elliotthehobo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice stuff, +rep
    "Brilliant ideas receive violent opposition from mediocre minds."-Albert Einstein

Slint's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although not an epic item, I'd add Devilsaur Tooth to the list, purely because there's no other hunter trinket like it.

Use: Your pet's next attack is guaranteed to critically strike if that attack is capable of striking critically. (2 Min Cooldown)

Great for opening with a guaranteed Frenzy/Ferocious Inspiration proc.

nb. Prior to entering combat, the trinket can be equipped, activated, then swapped out for another trinket, and you keep the "next attack crits" buff until your pet hits (and crits, of course) a target.

+ Nice
    Last edited by Slint; 08-15-2008 at 09:50 AM.

shaman1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the rep everyone and for adding more stuff to the guide =)

pewpewboltz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for this! didnt know there was a trinket for stun will help my shammy lots <3

Curtisblank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast