0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All along the watch towers for hunters

http://thottbot.com/?qu=5097 is a somewhat difficult quest in WPL that requires you to place a torch in the doorways of the four Andorhal watch towers. It's probably easy in a group and there are several comments on thottbot about standing out of the aggro range. This is all fine and dandy, but when I recently did it on my level 56 hunter, the elite aggroed me before I could get in to the door. Instead of looking for a group, I decided I was going to find a way round this.

Now, for this to work, you need to have a complete aggro reduction spell such as Feign Death or Vanish. Bare in mind I have only tested this with a hunter.

Now here's what you do:
    1: Dismiss your pet. If you bring your pet, the elite will just start attacking it when you feign.
    2: Run into the tower, wing clipping the elite if you so wish.
    3: Without stopping, run up the stone ramp at the back of the tower and on to the wooden step bits.
    4: Once on the steps, feign death. If you've done it right, the elite should run back to his spawn in the centre of the tower.
    5: Once the elite is back in the centre of the tower, turn off feign death.
    6: The elite will target you, but he is not able to attack you.
    7: Wait a few moments and he'll un-target you and make a series of clanking metallic noises.
    8: Suddenly, he'll teleport up to the wooden steps. When he does this, jump down, run to the doorway and feign death (you may have to wait in the doorway for a few seconds for the FD cooldown to expire).
    9: The elite is now stuck on the wooden steps, allowing you to place the torch without being attacked.

Notes: Sometimes he interrupts your torch placement. There seems to be no explanation for this. If he does interrupt your casting, run out his aggro range then come back and repeat 1-9.

This may not be so useful in this situation, but I'm sure it can be exploited in towers wich use the same model.

Incidently, I wasn't sure whether to post this in exploits or guides. Move it as you see fit.

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

All along the watch towers for hunters
    Shizka's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: All along the watch towers for hunters

or you could just stand beside the door.... but I dunno, your way might be easier...

masterpoo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have my pet tank the add while I kill it.

Demonicmaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you kill both skeletons on either side of the door you should have no worries of the the elite mob in the tower. but that does seem like a lot more work then just killing him out right. At lvl 56 I was killing the Elite Scarlet Crusaders in EPL. You just have to know how to play a Hunter and heal your pet when needed. Plus your ability to drop traps in combat is a boom to taking on harder and harder mobs that before you would get owned on.