Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best racial for class and allegiance (not as the other guide)

Hello!

I saw a guide where some guy wrote about what race each class should choose, I felt kind of sad when I saw it (no offense) but I have really other opinions so I try to make a guide from the perspective of a quite experienced wow player. Now on to the guide!

Mage: Mages should chose human as alliance. Perception is a really good talent, a human frost mage will kill almost any rogue with equal skill and gear. It makes wonders and could often be the difference between win or loss in arena. Gnomes are ok, to escape a snare could get handy but not as handy as perception. Hordes should take undead. Gives you the upper hand against fear, it is just, true.

Warlock: Warlocks choice as allliance is also human, to see a rogue that you just saw entering stealth trying to sap could be the difference between win or loss in arena. Just choose human. As a horde it's also clear, undead, an extra way to stop fear is really nice, can also make the difference between win or loss in arena.

Priest: Really, the same as with Warlocks and Mages. Human and undead, their racials can both make the difference between a win or loss in arena. Just that night elves is quite nice as priest. Being invisible will confuse your enemies indeed. Take what you feel you need most if choosing alliance, detect hiding druids and approaching rogues or to be invisible and wait for people to come and let them think ''omgz haxxor hiding priezt lulz?''.

Rogue: Choose undead as horde since you will have a problem against sl/sl locks and I know it's almost impossible to beat an undead Rogue as a lock. In pve troll is better but the difference is not huge. Some people mention orcs but well, their stun resistance is 15% of what you already have, not 15% pure stun resistance. So if you have 10 stun resistance playing an orc will yield you 1.5% extra stun resistance. Their damage increase skill is good against none resilience targets and probably for CB>evi combo but meh, they can work, I would choose undead but it's really up to you. As alliance, human of course, gnomes could work but I prefer having the controll in arena and being able to sap that rogue before he even see you and kill that hiding resto druid. Gnomes will be able to, escape frost mages, really can't find their racial better than that.

Druid: Guyz, NE and Tauren, omgz! Hard choice ^^

Hunter: I have found night elves to be the most effective. Get a cat as pet and you can hide really nice. As a horde it's a bit harder, I haven't found blood elves arcane torrent effective so that makes it easier. Tauren's warstomp is nice indeed. I think I would choose orc(extra stun resistance, remember, it's not a 15% extra resistance, it's 15% of what you already have) or tauren(warstomp and some extra hp) for pvp and troll(nice atack speed) for pve.

Shaman: You have no choice as alliance . As horde I would really say it doesnt matter alot. Taurens got their warstomp which is just a small stun, and some hp increase, nice for resto shammies in pvp. Trolls got attack speed increase which is nice for pve shammies that go enhancement. Orcs also offer some nice burst damage and could be fun to play so, choose what is coolest.

Paladin: Human as alliance, perception is really good as I've said alot of times ^^. No choice as horde. Nothing to say more than the dwarven racial can't beat the human one.

Warrior: As alliance, take human for perception. Actually, night elves would work nice to, 1% more dodge is better than nothing for a tank and shadowmeld is really confusing in pvp. So, it's the same as for priests, take what you want, controll those nasty druids and rogues or be stealthed. As horde, take taurens for pve. Their hp bonus is nice indeed both in pve and pvp. 500-600hp it is for a normal pvp warrior and probably 700-1 000 hp for a normal tank, and warstomp is cool. But for pvp only I would choose orc or undead. Undeads got the upper hand against fear but orcs got their damage skill and stun resistance. An arms warrior will have some and the increase will be noticeable. I would go with orc or undead for pvp.

Thanks for reading this guide! I hope this helps you, feel free to say what you think.

Thanks and good luck
    Last edited by Dignox; 04-20-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Best racial for class and allegiance (not as the other guide)
    Darkone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, quite good...
    Much better than the other one :-)

~Darkone
    Elite.... by Nature

Dignox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , I am trying to become a contributer . So I guess my way is to contribute^^.

Jotain's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really frogot one thing. Gnomes racial > everything else for warrior. Mage froze you? No problem! Just use racial and start hammering mage flat again. And i think stun resist is better than wotf for warlocks, rogues just hate when their chep or kidney shot doesnt work

Dignox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, gnomes are nice, but I think night elves and humans are better. But you're right, gnomes are not bad. Oh, warlocks as orcs? I am not 100% percent sure but I think you have a 10% or 5% stun resistance always. Any way, 15% extra racial will mean you will have 11.5% stun resistance or 5.75% stun resustance. No big deal huh? I told you about this somewhere in the guide I think.

Thanks for feedback

tsiibii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post, thanks
    but as warlock you always have felhunter with you at arena so you have paranoia :P

rgames's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with the hunter one. Night elves stealth is nice, but I don't thing it beats dwarves Stoneform to get away from rogues and their 1% crit bonus to guns. Nice guide though.

Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ur going for mage, pick a gnome as ally. The 5% int is awsome. Even Athene knows that

jaqknive's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you coulda just said
    HUMAN FOR ALLIES - UNDEAD FOR HORDE!
    nice, i wish i woulda seen this before i rolled my hero >>.
    i say id agree with this 80%

bandinwow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dwarf hunters seem to have the most trackin methods. Find treasure should be on all hunters.

Axe Rogue's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure you are wrong about orc stun resist being 15% of what you already have.
    Actually you are definitely wrong .. You are retardedly wrong. So if an orc has no gear he has no stun resist according to your calculations. Take a look at the spell
    Hardiness - Spells - World of Warcraft You are an idiot to give this false information.

fttlete's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alliance -

Warrior = Human for PvE (expertise bonus for tanking > all)
    , perception is really only useful against feral druids and rogues - neither of which should really worry you too much unless you're soloing.

Gnome for PvP - as said again - Escape Artist. Most other classes don't tank warriors, they try to kite them, and Escape Artist is basically a 2nd PvP trinket. Go gnome or go home !

Draenei = 1% hit is ok, GoTN is one of those "ok" talents, won't make as big a difference compared to the above.
    NE - Shadowmeld is useful but not always, very situational. 1% dodge is decent but again not very useful against half the classes (eg casters)
    Dwarf - Stoneform is useful at times but too situational.

Warrior - Horde -

PvE = Tauren no contest, 5% HP is just that good.

PvP = Undead/Orc are equal (Undead used to be clearly better before WoTF was changed). Tauren are good as well, however their large size can hinder performance (most spellcasters will see a huge ass cow and try to drop it first). Trolls are... trolls.