0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick the BEST Racial For Your Class !

After just rethinking some stuff and trying out literally all of the combinations my self and knowing exactly which ones is the best, and which is not, I decided to share my information with you, because I noticed my self, there are a lot of people that still ask this, and I believe that this is quite an important factor to consider before you start rolling a char, especially if you are not very experienced.

NOTE: The following racials are for PVP / Arena mainly , I do not consider PVE factors here.

Rogues : Best WoW racial: Escape Artist ( Escape the effects of any immobilization
    or
    movement speed reduction effect)
    Best Horde racial: Hardiness ( 25% Resistance to stun an knockout
    effects

> WHY ESCAPE ARTIST ? As a melee class, Rogue will encounter Slowing and
    Rooting
    effects, which the Rogue has to avoid in order to benefit
    fully of his potential. This racial removes the existing
    effects. An example is Mage slowing effects& freezing ( one of the rogues most difficult to defeat enemies, but also Hunters consussion shot, druids roots and many other.

> WHY HARDINESS ? As a Horde melee class, you have the choice between Trolls quicker attack racial ( nice dps but ITS dps ONLY and is more likely not to save your butt in battle ) and Undead ( anti-fear is a nice option , but if you think about it, do Rogues really have problems with Warlocks and Priest ? Well Rogues RAPE warlocks and Rogues defeat Priests as well , especially with the CoS ) . 25% Stun is a very usefull defensive tool , not only in the rare cases of fighting an other rogue, but also against Warriors mace stun , Priest blackout talent, Destro locks shadowburn in very rare cases and even the imp consussion stun talent chance option of Hunters in the MM tree, Paladins Hammer of Justice and in some minor cases fire mages specs.

While i do NOT SAY , that HARDINESS rocks your world, I DO say that it's a very beneficial defensive option and it CAN save you in an important CC moment.

> WHY NOT DWARFES? As a melee class, immunity to poison is very useful especially against other rogues and/or Hunters sting, BUT it's nothing compared to the Escape artist racial, which makes Rogue kiting hell lot more difficult, especially in combination with Shadowstep and Imp Sprint ( if you have it )

> WHY NOT Night ELVES? !% crit is JUST a 1% CRIT , compared to 25% Stun resist, this one tiny percent , is DEFINETLY NOT worth it.

Shadowmeld, is usefull, I agree, BUT i would recon, this to a Resto druid / Priest healer more, because you can't use this ability in combat, and that's what makes it not worthwhile in combat.

To be continued in next post.

Pick the BEST Racial For Your Class !
    prepareforignition's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best Shaman RACIAL : definetly Orc's HARDINESS
    As I described earlier, Shamans reputation in BG's isn't too
    good,
    where the facts show that you don't see lots of Shaman in
    high
    rated profiles.
    This is mainly because Shaman do NOT have any CC abilities or very effective defensive abilities other than tremor totem , grounding totem and the ghost wolf.

This is why 25% stun resist, will help a LOT , whatever you are an Enhancement Shaman needing it for melee against mace Warriors or Rogue or if it's for a healing or Elemental Shaman needing more time to kite the enemy.
    > WHY NOT TROLLS RACIAL? For the same reason I said with rogues, more dps, isn't always FTW

> WHY NOT TAURENS ? The 2 seconds Stun is good against to interrupt enemies or perhaps slow down attackers, BUT Shamans can already do this with their only annoying slowing Frost Shock/Earth.

> WHY NOT DREANEI ? While it is totally understandable to get a HOT out in the middle of a fight, it's always nice, but a HOT with a casting time is just NOT the same... and therefore not as useful as HARDINESS defensive racial.

tb continued

Sela's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by prepareforignition View Post

> WHY NOT Night ELVES? !% crit is JUST a 1% CRIT , compared to 25% Stun resist, this one tiny percent , is DEFINETLY NOT worth it.

Shadowmeld, is usefull, I agree, BUT i would recon, this to a Resto druid / Priest healer more, because you can't use this ability in combat, and that's what makes it not worthwhile in combat.

As far as i know shadowmeld increases you effective stealth level by 1, passive, that would save you 1 talent point in most of the pvp specs.

kenshao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you talking about arenas, specially 3v3, the best rogue racial by FAR is perception

LekLedare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see advantages in a lot of racials. I'm UD rogue and I love WotF. It saves me my PvP trinket for traps and such. Escape artist is deffinetly not the best rogue racial for pvp imo. I would say WotF is the best one. You can use it whenever u need to during the whole fight and it saves you ur pvp trinket. You also got cannibalize as UD which can be used while getting away and then come back with a bit more HP. Imo, these two racials are both usefull in pvp. Perception might be good but it's almost only useable during the opening. Hardiness is a good racial for all classes I believe. Who doesn't wanna resist those nasty stuns? :P

I would say, choose UD for rogue.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kenshao View Post
    if you talking about arenas, specially 3v3, the best rogue racial by FAR is perception
    Shadowstep rogues 25 yard range, perception does not help here , not even a bit.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LekLedare View Post
    I can see advantages in a lot of racials. I'm UD rogue and I love WotF. It saves me my PvP trinket for traps and such. Escape artist is deffinetly not the best rogue racial for pvp imo. I would say WotF is the best one. You can use it whenever u need to during the whole fight and it saves you ur pvp trinket. You also got cannibalize as UD which can be used while getting away and then come back with a bit more HP. Imo, these two racials are both usefull in pvp. Perception might be good but it's almost only useable during the opening. Hardiness is a good racial for all classes I believe. Who doesn't wanna resist those nasty stuns? :P

I would say, choose UD for rogue.

Rogues nail Fear Classes. WotF is a useful ability but NOT as useful as Escape Artist.

You better NEED an ability which makes you from having a "low" chance to win into a " good" chance to win , OTHER than " Big" chance to win ( against Fear clothies ) into " even bigest chance to win. Think about it...

nukeleearr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're in the 1300s if you think Escape Artist is better then Perception for rogues. Rogues dont need a root/snare break, they have tons already and perception is a guaranteed opener against other stealthers which is huge in 3s and especially 2s

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That plus this thread doesn't cover all classes. And really there is no best racial for any class. It's all on playing style and strategy.

Might wish you had escape artist vs a frost mage, might wish you had perception to pick out that resto druid in stealth form.

Might wish you had rolled Nelf to have that 1% crit since you suck at PvP and love to PvE and need that crit dps.

Trust me, if there was a best anything in WoW, the game wouldn't be as popular as it is. There's no win, no best. Only the player.

Anotherfox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF? Are you being serious?

As someone else has said Shadowmeld give +1 Stealth level. As such a Night Elf (PvP) should have Stealth at lvl 76 (lvl 70 +1 (Shadowmeld) + 5 (Master of Disguise).
    Any self-respecting PvP rogue should be Shadowstep specced and as such have +5 MoD.

After all in PvP the longer you stay unseen the longer you survive.

Remember as well some movement impairing effects can be dispelled by Cloak of Shadows. and if you're getting a bettering use the easiest escape macro known to man...

/cast Cloak of Shadows
    /cast Evasion
    /cast Vanish

Gets rid of DoT, makes it so you are hard to hit, and ofc hard to see :P

Stop being a noob and L2P!
    Last edited by Anotherfox; 04-20-2008 at 04:10 AM.

Dignox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadowstep rogues 25 yard range, perception does not help here , not even a bit.
    You know, rogues are one of the hardest classes to play good. Everything counts, and one of the biggest mistakes you can make is to use shadowstep to get to your target. If your target runs somewhere on his mount and you NEED to stop him, shs after him and get him downed, but just no otherwise, save it for mobility in combat. So, sometimes use it, but if someone activates perception, flee and come back 20 seconds later. Oh, and I've got seen 25 yards away by classes with perception so this really won't work. As you know, perception helps against druids too and if you already are stealthed (you said it as a rogue after all) you will only have a chance to get shs'd by a human rogue, you fail a bit mate.

vectorian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me.. I still take looks over racial abilities :P

I mean when I started my horde mage... I knew Troll would be the best but I still went with BE cause they look ultra sexy!

adio369's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like UD rogues >.>.

superfly_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet guide! :P

Boulders's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm puzzled.

First off, Hardiness is NOT 25%, it's only 15%

Secondly, you're displaying hardiness as a combat ability you can use for some defense against a rogue or something during combat. It's the ORC passive racial, and the ORC combat racial is Blood Fury, which I found you completely neglected in your post. If you're comparing hardiness to something, it would be to like Find Treasure, or the Tauren's improved herb gathering.....NOT their warstomp, chief.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast