0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Get Into an End Game Guild – The Ultimate Guide

This is an original contribution exclusive to MMOWNED.com community for providing me with nice little guides/exploits that make the game a bit more fun.
    (all you bandage selling & primal farming guides can gtfo)

I hope many of you find a little enlightenment on how I made a character from scratch level it up in 1 month, gearing it up kara/ssc/tk in 2 months and finally killing Illidan in the 4th and 5th month.

The Idea of the guide is to help you others be more pro when handling guild applications, guild politics and performing in raid.

Though it may vary when applied, depending on your class, guilds and server, nevertheless I am confident if you do it right, you can get into any high end guild and hopefully get the success that I had.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to post, and if you see my guide being copy and pasted elsewhere please let me know cheers.

*edit*

Article idea copied by Jennie Lees
    Ready Check: Applying and Trialling - WOW Insider

researching guild progression by going on forums
    have a goal on what to achieve
    making a level 1 alt to spy/research

how to make application
    don't annoy guild the guild officers pst while they're raiding
    be patient

get ready to l2p once you're accepted
    ask by /w not in raid/guild chat for specific guild questions
    etc (plus other random bullshit paragraphs that meant nothing)

Even copied my layout gg

YOU SAW IT FIRST HERE IN MMOWNED FOLKS

ajs
    Last edited by ajs180684; 05-21-2008 at 06:17 PM.

ajs180684's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Intro

2. Knowing what guild you want to get into
    a. purpose
    b. suitable raid time

3. Researching the guild
    a. progression
    b. guild master and officers
    c. loot system

4. Writing an application
    a. forums – accepted / denied
    b. your gear
    c. most common questions and how to answer
    d. how to handle replies

5. Accepted!
    a. what to say
    b. how to behave

6. Raiding tips
    a. do your research
    b. make sure you have consumable
    c. do your job

7. Good luck

8. Sample

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Intro

Background on myself, I have been playing WoW since release, I was a Noob, PvPer, Honor grinder, Scammer, Trader, Farmer, Botter, you name it, I have done it and I got back into the game 6 months ago after one year break from World of Warcraft. I decided to roll a Shaman 3-4 months ago exactly and now I am strutting 2 piece of my T6 whereas my friends who constantly playing one character for the last 2-3 years are still only kara/badge/ssc/tk geared. How did I do it? One month to level it up to 70, two months of joining a kara/ssc/tk guild and one month of BT/hyjal. Pretty good considering I started my shaman FROM SCRATCH on a server I just rerolled.

The purpose of the guide is to increase your chance of writing solid application where it will be viewed by end game guilds that you seem like a great player (than you actually are) and getting you accepted. I have seen time and time again where good or geared players write/respond their application like crap and thus denying their chance of getting into a pro guild and get all the pro loot that you can brag to your kara/ssc/tk scrub friends. On the other hand, I have seen retards that can’t do simple things in raid that runs around with high end gear. The difference? First, you have to get into an end game guild! Even if you are the worst player in the 25 man raid, if you raid enough YOU WILL GET LOOT. That’s the key, get in first! Gearing up, researching and performing can be done step by step.

WARNING: Healers tend to get into guilds easier than DPS/TANKS. So if you do get into the raid make sure you perform your best to keep your spot. If you suck at DPS/Tanking, I have a small guide in the end how you better spam more consumable and learning to do your job better.

2. Knowing what guild you want get into

2a. Purpose

What is your purpose of raiding? Ok most of you just said, for loot, to look awesome, brag to noobs and your friends, whatever. To see high end content then retire is a common one. You must define your personal goal that you want to achieve otherwise you will be not as motivated to put in the effort. Pro players that write stuff like “I have beat C’thun, Naxx” will probably intimidate your application. Nonsense! I have only seen Nefarian before BC and only beaten Prince in kara before I took a break from WoW. I have never seen Nightbane/Gruul/Magtheridon before I made my shaman and now I have beated Illidan. So what the hell does that tell you? PvE is easy! You just need a guild that is up to the content you wanna beat. My personal goal was to have all my T6 pieces, kill Illidan and brag to friends. (Achieved and now I am gonna show u how)

2b. Suitable raid time

This is so important and yet people keep making mistakes on joining guilds where they can’t even raid with the guild. Make sure you list down ALL THE GUILDS that you can make the raid time. Yes you have job, school, parents, ugly babies, boo hoo, you have to allow 4-5 hours to raid end game content for 3 days at least with minimum interruptions. End game guilds raid put in more effort than scrub raids! Sometimes they even finish slightly late than stated due to wipes whatever; you have to make sure you can stay for the whole run (unless you are extremely lucky there is a sub that can fill in). If your circumstances change and your raid times changed, yet you still want to raid, leave the guild and find another guild with same progression or better that matches YOUR raid time. This is one of the best excuses to leave a guild in good terms. I.e. you can still be friends and ask for favors or even come back. My old US server has 2 guilds that share my raid time and they sucked. Solution? I moved to Oceania server and BOOM. I have 8 guilds to choose from. In short: Pick a guild where you can excel in attendance = lots of loot.

3. Researching the guild

TIP: When asking/researching a guild by asking their members or officers, I would recommend using a level 1 alt and say you’re a transfer. If they ask for armory, link a really good T6 character from another server and just lie it’s yours. Reason being is that if at this point you are saying something stupid or make a mistake, they don’t know your main! You do not want them to know you are the “Half assed geared rogue/mage/whatever who pestering them with questions after questions”. At this stage you don’t want to give your first impression basically. Yet.

3a. Progression

So you picked few guilds that suit your time zone/raid times. Great, next is to check their progression and where they stand in the server. Few ways to do this:
    • WoW realm forum and your server guild progressions should be stickied on the top.
    • WoWJutsu : WowJutsu: World of Warcraft Guild Rankings: All Realms
    • Ask around

If you picked a guild that has killed Illidan, Word of caution, they will be more elitist and arrogant. This is not a bad thing. If you managed to get in you will get awesome loot and you can also be like them.

If they are not, but they have downed like 4-5 bosses in BT, this is a good thing because they are likely to be more desperate on getting people to push through progression. You have higher chance of joining this kind of guild.

3b. guild master and officers

Note down or try to list down their GM and officers, these are the people you do not wanna look bad! Bonus if you can also list down few of their veteran players who usually influence the officers. Never ever suck up too much with these guys, they had enough cyber-oral from forums, randoms, noobs and their friends who envy their elite position in the guild. Keep chat with these guys brief, they always have other things to do. Believe me, they are not interested in your alts, WoW history, etc. Impress them with attendance and performance later. Just obey and keep chat short. Jokes can be made after you are in their good book.

3c. loot system

Make sure you understand and able to put out with their loot system! Don’t come back crying to me if you managed to join a top guild but you’re not happy you didn’t get loot after 2 weeks. EPGP is your best bet because after downing few bosses after few weeks you should have enough EP ratio to GP to bid for few items. If it’s council loot decision, pray the officers already have the loot, then pray again the veterans already got it, after that you have a good chance.

4. Writing an application

Main course is served! Let’s get you into the guild.

4a. forums – accepted / denied

First you want to browse the applicants that have been accepted or flatly denied. Note down the following things:

Things that can get you accepted:

-Concise, specific and serious answers (no kidding around putting stupid shit like using -the word lol, too many smileys, etc)

-You are specced/geared/gemmed/enchanted properly (this shows that you know what you are doing, even thought u might not)

-The guild specifically looking for your class (this is a huge bonus and may get you into the main raid quickly)

-You do not mention the word loot, my old guild was drama, they hate me, they only pick their officers and friends for raiding, etc. (Your new guild will pick up if your old guild know you suck and that’s why you don’t get invited. Just make up a quick lie how you had to go afk for 3 weeks and lost your spot or my old guild raiding time does not suit me or guild disbanded is statistically the best excuses. )

- You focus on the positives that you can bring, Don’t mention you can only make it 3/5 days, you don’t have much gold, I have kids yelling in the background while raiding or whatever truths that may look like you have a weakness, leave it out of the application. (Mention that I play X hours a day, I know my class, I am looking forward to help your progression, I don’t care about loot, I wanna down bosses)

Things that will get you denied:

-You can’t make into their raid times (No shit Sherlock, I already said so in the beginning)

-Lots of bad English/poor sentencing (if you have to, get your smart older brother/sister, parents whatever to check if they can make your application look more like a résumé/job application)

-They are full on class X (This guide will still likely to get you in the guild, but if you wanna put up with sit outs and being a sub, be my guest. If after few weeks I couldn’t get into main raid, I would find another guild)

-You applied to multiple guilds at once (never ever do this! Top guilds usually spy on each other. If you do get rejected by a guild, try to edit/delete your post, remove all traces of you being rejected so you can move on applying to the next guild without looking bad)

-Short answers (Imagine this guide being written one sentence per section. Elaborate your super sweet connection/computer by saying I never lag, My ping/FPS ranges around XXX and of course I always make sure my net is not capped so I don’t have any problems while raiding. That sounded much better than just a “yes” and “yes” answer)

-You PvP a lot. Please, everyone knows only noobs refer honor grinding as PvP. (Do not mention PvP whatsoever. They don’t give a slight jack about it, its all about PvE. Once you get into the guild, then you can find premade, arena friends and spec PvP)

4b. your gear/spec

Spec: Make sure you have researched the best raiding spec for your class! Best way to get this is either elitist jerk forums or copy and paste the best shaman/paladin/druid/whatever build that end game raiding guilds use. Do not ask your noob kara/ssc/tk friends. Copy and paste the best PvE build from the most pro players/guild.

Gear: No low quality green gems! It’s an automatic denied application if you do. Again, copy and paste the exact gems that pro-raiders use. Price of the gem usually reflects on how good it is. Sample: Tanks: +def+stam. Physical DPS: +hit+agi, Casters: +spellhit +spelldmg +spellcrit, Healers: +heal+mana regen. Play it safe, you don’t want stupid gems like +parry, +int, +resilience or +spell penetration. If you are crazy rich, socket Black Temple gems will make you look pro. Same with enchants, copy and paste whatever the pro raiders do.

If you have problems knowing what to enchant/socket, Visit pro guild websites like Nihilum or SK Gaming, look at their members and try to mimic/copy their build/gear. Note: Make sure you copy the most geared player, not their alt or noobs that got invited as a friend.

4c. most common questions and how to answer

Some of the answer will perfectly apply to you, others wont, nevertheless this is why I write this guide. To teach you how to write the best answers that will get you into the high end guild you wanted. Just do as I say and fake it if you have to. Imagine you’re a women trying to look good, with all the make up, high heels, surgeries, diets, etc you gotta go through in order to reach your goal.

Write down you are either 19 – 27 (If you’re below 19 you’re considered immature and if you’re too old they probably will think you wont come to raids because you have other commitments job/*****, whatever)

-What is your spec/and why:
    xx/xx/xx I specced this way because it’s the best PvE/Raiding spec there is available to maximize dps/healing/whatever. This is the best spec for raiding in order to help the guild progress much faster through the content. (This shows you want to do your best, an answer along this line will do) (Do not do stupid shit like Im specced/geared PvP atm, will respect PvE when accepted, unless your class is 110% on demand by the guild. When they click your armory they want to see a beautiful PvE spec/gear)

-Do you have any alts:
    I don’t have any alts and not planning on making any. OR the only alts I have is for bank. (This is a check on whether after they gear you up or if you get bored with your class, you will level and gear up your alt instead. I.e. wasting time gearing your main and you don’t raid)

-Are you BT Attuned
    Yes (Even though there is no attunement after 2.4, pro guilds are still picky because they are less likely to recruit players with “hand of welfare attunement”. If you look at your gear and you have some gears that you obtain from BT/Hyjal early bosses You can get away easy) (If your 5/6 ssc 4/5 tk guild can’t show off any new loot from bt/hyjal. Admit you are not attuned but you just made the character for 2 or 3 months. Say you got bored with your old char after playing it for X years and your new char is unfortunate to join a guild that cant down kael/vashj. It’s not your fault/lack of skill! They will think “oh ok he’s not doing too bad for a character that is 3 months old, with some gear from the badge vendor he should be fine” and yes please pick up the best possible upgrades for your char from the badge vendor)

-What is your guild history/Why you left?
    Insert your old guild or random guild from another server and the reason why you left is the following: I was afk for 2-3 weeks and they gave my spot away to another but now I am ready to raid hardcore again, I couldn’t make their raid times anymore due to rl changes but yours suit me! Or my old guild disbanded after internal conflict and the officers all gquit, transferred, ninjad, whatever. (Don’t give answers how inactive you are, how you don’t get picked cause you suck at tank/heal/dps, My connection sucks, The officers were all gay, slots were full, guild merged. All these show that you are second grade raider so avoid negative answers that reveal your weakness. Answer negativity with neutral answers)

-Experience
    I have been playing WoW for 2-3 years. Raided up to early AQ40,Naxx on my old main, in BC, Now I made a char that I have played (6 or less months) I have experience of the first few bosses in BT/Hyjal. (If you want to tell the truth you only have raided MC and only seen Gruul it’s an application suicide. The reason why you want to say you have seen the first few bosses is because it shows you have been BT/Hyjal first bosses is to show AT LEAST you have been there and have excuse if you screw up in the later bosses of the instance. Faking you have done the first few bosses > I have never been to black temple lulz I dunno what to du plz recroot and teech me)

-Tell us about yourself
    Hi, my name is Brad Pitt, I am 23 years old student/real estate agent/whatever, I live in xxx. I love playing WoW, it’s what I love doing in my spare/night time after work/school and nothing give me excitement other than downing raid bosses that blizzard have to offer. I have been playing MMO/I was in a CS team before WoW/ WoW is my first MMORPG etc. Also I’m a big fan of Football/Rugby/Soccer/whatever. (This is a tricky question because they only care about certain things and it’s not about your family/other hobbies/ favorite food/etc. save that garbage for your myspace. Answer it briefly about your name/age/location/sports that you like followed up by how much you love WoW, playing your class, you love pve > pvp, you love raiding with people that know their shit and perform to the max, etc. Notice how I ended the question with positive and uplifting PvE statements)

-Whats your connection/CPU
    My connection is xxMB cable, and my CPU is XX XX XX XX . My ping is stable around XXX (I’m oceania, US ppl can put in much lower ping), my net and my CPU is reliable for raiding.( You may exaggerate this part enough so that they think you will not DC/lag all the time)

-Ventrillo and mic
    Yes I have both and no problems using them. (If you don’t have a mic or headset, go buy them you cheap mofo, it only cost like $10-$15)

-Do you enjoy your class? What is your spell rotation.
    Yes I do, my class bring so much utility by helping the raid in blab la bla. My typical rotation is chain heal rank 4 as this is the most efficient spell for raid healing. Quick lesser healing spam on tank if it’s about to go down, Earth shield on casters if they are about to AoE, etc. (Tank/DPSer: research elitist jerk forum/WoW forum for the best threat/dps requence for your class. Macros is a big boost too. Healers: research the most efficient way to heal your target. Copy and paste your findings but keep it brief. Watch videos of your class in high end raiding if you’re a clueless noob and still wanna make this work)

-What can you offer/Why should we recruit you
    I believe a guild like yours will value a solid raiding member that can perform and I will do my best to help the guild progress further into the content. I do my own research, farming and keep high attendance. By having me you will only have to worry about 24 others. PS: I don’t care about loot. I believe if I have high attendance and performed well, I will be rewarded accordingly. (Money shot, you wanna write like you’re a professional paid raider. Even though you are not)

-Any other information/question
    Thanks for viewing my application and have a good day guys (a swift and polite end makes the application a magnet for instant response)

Note that:
    Keep answers brief, elaborate an extra or two sentences, your answers should be positive and progressive and if in doubt regarding specific encounter/pve/spec questions quickly go to elitist jerk forums or a pro guild forum ask your questions there! Make sure you got a solid answer before going back with your pro answer. The key is always copy or ask someone who is much much better than you are. Play it safe.

Next important step is TO WAIT FOR THEIR RESPONSE IN THE FORUMS. Do not fkn PST or /w them in game. It really really pisses them off. Remember, your first impression should be a nice solid and pro application, not a random noob annoying the GM/officers when they’re raiding/doing dailies.

You wanna check the forums often for replies by other members but you wanna hold back when they reply. If its members saying “nice app” just ignore them for 3-4 posts then say “thanks for reading guys, appreciate it”. You don’t wanna seem like a desperate guy who refreshes their recruitment forums every 5 minutes, play it hard to get. If it’s a straight question (by officers or class leader preferably. If its members you can ignore them because usually they act like they know shit but they don’t) regarding your background/spec/whatever please refer to the next section.

4d. how to reply to questions/criticism

Best case scenario is that they will say “Nice app, we will give you a trial, pst me in game”.

A normal case is that they will be slightly cautious or elitist questioning your background, spell rotation, shit gear, this is fine. Let’s get through it.

Q: When did you get attuned and with what guild?
    A: I was attuned with guild XXX however after they disband/transferred/whatever, I rolled a this char. Because I felt that I needed a more challenging class that can be more involved in raids. If you feel like you need an experienced player I am your man, I can easily gear up from the badge vendor/za/whatever (This will shut them up about not having hand of adal title and the ring. You stress that your old char has done the content, unfortunately your current char haven’t. If they want proof link a believable armory link of someone else)

Q: Your spell rotation should be X Y Z not Z Y X
    A: I believe ZY X is the only way to maximize threat/dps/heal the most effective way. According to [link/quote from elitist jerk forum/SK Gaming/Nihilum forum] this build and rotation is the best, bla bla bla. (This shows that you know your shit and if your source of argument is pro enough, they will stfu)

Q: Your gear is not good enough.
    A: I know I am lacking Pants/Rings/Offhand/whatever. As I already mentioned, my char is only 4 months old and the guild I joined was unfortunate to go as far as they liked it to be. However, with the new badge vendor and other source of loot, I can gear up much easier to catch up with the rest of the guild and help with progression. Slotting me in on farmed bosses is also a plus. (Your excuse is you’re a new main, and gearing up should be easy with badges + easy bosses of BT/Hyjal. Sell yourself as a pro player, your shitty geared char come second.)

Note:
    Never argue with them, even though they are wrong, obey, obey and obey. If they are being elitist, it’s ok, just respond neutrally, don’t reply with negativity. Always stay positive. “Yep I am a shit geared kara char but I believe if I keep trying hard, improve my character, listen to your advice, keep watching my class videos, I will get better” This would be my response if I’m kara geared and would still like to be in the guild in the long run. But it’s better to join ssc/tk guild before hopping to bt/hyjal of course. Try to figure out what would it take for them to say yes to your app.

5. Accepted!

At this stage you’re probably sitting out as a sub or in a trial run. So let’s make you survive in the guild a little longer.

5a. what to say
    Nothing. That’s right, silence is golden. Just little chat in gchat or your class channel, keep it to minimum and brief, no one know who the hell you are at this stage. You’re still a random trial noob to the guild. Just be patience, within few weeks you will be one of the guys.

5b. how to behave
    Don’t ask too many questions. If you have question about certain bosses, how your class work, what’s the best loot upgrade, for god sake do it on other forums or ask some guy from another pro guild. You don’t want the guild to know you always ask simple questions. Just keep a low profile, don’t ask for stuff, spot in raid, loot rules. If you MUST, I suggest you do a whisper to a guildie if you have guild specific question. Don’t even offer yourself to help with guild instance run UNLESS they really need your class. Don’t make yourself look like a fool and desperate to group and make friends immediately.
    Last edited by ajs180684; 04-15-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Nidhogg,'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm somehow I dont think this is your work....and why bumping your post count and not make it in one post?
    [imgl]https://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/imgl]
    Originally Posted by V!persting View Post
    [...]nah, there is no limit of rape here. [...]
    [imgr]https://i30.tinypic.com/2nu1vr9.jpg[/imgr]

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6. Raiding tips
    You’re on your trial run, let’s pray you did well enough to keep your spot. I got you into the guild, if you wanna stay long enough to get pro loot it’s time for you to do some work!

6a. do your research
    Even if you’re a total noob, please at least put in the effort to read strats in Bosskillers World of Warcraft Bosses, Guides, Movie Reviews and Guild Kills and watch some videos of the fight from YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. if you stand on the fire, hit by cleave, bomb the raid, do stupid things that will get you a swift removal from the raid, its your own damn fault. It takes 1-2 fights for a normal player to understand a boss fight, make sure you survive and don’t die during boss fights.

6b. make sure you have consumable
    Sure other veterans in the guild out gear you, but if you slack or look bad in the meters, they will start to think that maybe you suck. Solutions? Enter the consumables. ALWAYS ALWAYS have flasks, elixirs, food buffs, potions, mana oils, etc in your bag all the time. If you don’t have em, don’t bother showing up for raids cause you look like a retard by saying “brb I have to buy flask” before a boss pull. If you’re a DPSer you want to have as much buff and dps as hard as possible (don’t pull agro more than once. Once is ok to show hey the new guy can pull agro) heck, drink some haste pots / drums to boost your dps. If you’re a healer, learn how to chain mana pot while still being able to spam heal and look great on the meter. Ask in pro forums whats the best way to rotate mana pots with shadowfiend/manatide/innervate.
    If you want to keep your spot in future raids, make sure you are doing damn awesome on the meters, as simple as that. So yeah, use your consumables to compensate your gear.

6c. do your job
    Tank hard, DPS hard, Heal hard. If your job is to cc, focus on it! Don’t do stupid shit like dpsing while your cc’d target broke and kill few healers in process. Raid leader will notice if tankers are slow at picking up their target, cc breaks, healer’s slacking (tank go down), etc. Make sure the raid is going smoothly as possible. You want to play it safe by not screwing up and to gain their trust.

7. Good luck

Congratulations, you put in more effort in researching, applying, performing and most importantly, READING THIS WALL OF TEXT. As a result you are now a pro raider in pro guild following my footsteps. Whilst your friends are stuck in kara or ssc or tk or scrub early bosses in BT, you are cruising it ready to loot few pieces of T6 within a month more or less. Just remember, if you wanna be pro, copy the pros. If the noob casuals are putting an effort worth 100, you wanna put in 120 or more! It’s not the difficulty, it’s the time and gold and effort that separates the pro raiders and the casual scrubs. Remember, attendance + performance = loot loot loot. Thanks for reading and I am looking forward for some success stories.
    Last edited by ajs180684; 04-15-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8. Sample

Name: Britney Spears

A/S/L: 22/M/Iraq

Playtime: Monday – Thurday & Sunday17:00-23:00 (whatever but exaggerate you can play more)

Connection: xxMB cable/adsl, very reliable provider, I almost never DC (make sure your net is not capped so you don’t lag like an idiot during raid times)

CPU: xxGhz, xx GB ram, Video card, etc etc. Excellent condition, I virus and adware scanned it often to make sure its lag free.

Ventrillo: Yes, most common method of communicating online.
    Able to speak: Yep (buy a $10 microphone, you will be required to say “ok” or “yes” from time to time, other than that you don’t even have to talk at all)

Class + race: Orc Hunter

Spec and why: 41/20/0 Beast Mastery. This spec is much superior to MM and simply the best raiding spec for a hunter to dish tones of damage.

Armory Link: (make sure you’re got all the gear u need from badge vendor as it significantly make your stats more favorable when they inspect your armory. It helps)

Spell Rotation: Auto-Steady-Steady-Auto-Steady
    BM with an adjusted attack speed of >1.75 or so uses a 3:2 rotation, or ASSAS. With an adjusted attack speed of 2.0 and zero haste rating, this is 3S and 2A per 4.7 sec (the SS section delays the second autoshot by .7 seconds (copy and paste make me look pro or whatever)

Previous guild – Why you left:

I was in <Dumped> in xXx server, great guild we made excellent progression in BT/Hyjal. But there was some drama amongst the officers and raid leader, which led to the guild disbanding and they transferred off another server. OR I had exams/big contract deals so I had to stopped raiding hardcore for 2-3 weeks, unfortunately when I came back they said they already replaced me. Being a hungry raider I am, so I looked for a new guild that has the potential to become the best.

Are you Attuned to BT/Hyjal

Yes I have done Kael & Vashj (if they asked, say you did it on your old char that they can’t look up or link fake armory)

What is your WoW raiding experience
    MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx (xxx wing), Kara, Gruul, SSC, TK, BT, Hyjal (early bosses)

What can you offer/Why should we recruit you

I believe a guild like yours will value a solid raiding member that can perform and I will do my best to help the guild progress further into the content. I do my own research, farming and keep high attendance. By having me you will only have to worry about 24 others. PS: I don’t care about loot. I believe if I have high attendance and performed well, I will be rewarded accordingly.

Note: Serious answers, no stupid smileys or “lol”. Good luck and happy raiding.
    Last edited by ajs180684; 04-15-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Just added-
    If the class leader say some shit like "How will you be able to keep up with our dps-er with your current gear? Why should we bring you"
    Yeah don't panic, it's basically a challenge and don't be a chicken about it. It is much harder to convince them to accept DPS-er than a healer, but there are ways.

First of all make sure your gear is maxed on ways that you can obtain it at the moment. The only upgrade you should need is by raiding with them. Remember properly gemmed/enchant your gear and use the correct spell/skill rotations to maximise DPS. You must know your shit because once they take you on one trial run, its make or break. If you impress them you can be under geared and still be in main raid. (I had only ZA gear when we did 1st illidan kill and 1x T6 when we did our 2nd kill as healer)

Here's what you say to get your slot:

"If I can show you that I am capable of keeping up with your main dps-ers using my current gear, although they may beat me slightly. Will it give you the impression that if I have the right gear upgrades, I can easily catch up because I am doing things right and be an asset to the guild progression?"

BOOM! you diverted the gear issue into performance. Now stock up your consumables. We are gonna impress the officers. Note: As you are becoming more accepted to the guild and getting upgrades, the amount of consumables you have to consume will drop! once they put you on the good books, you can slack a little bit with the consumables and your new upgraded gear will compensate for it.

If you're a healer .. usually a kara/za gear + badge loot fully gemmed and enchanted will bring your +heal still to an impressive level around 1800-2000. However you will probably lack secondary stats like mana regen or spirit. Don't worry chain potting + 1 flask will solve this problem. Just heal away and aim for the meters (if you can)

DPS-er you will need shitloads more. You will chug any potions, flasks and food buffs to get that advantage, bring mana oils and sharpening stones too. Haste potions and drums is extremely impressive if you want to make your mark. If you can do really well on the meters without pulling aggro, theres your + + + Points right there.

If you are losing wayyy behind you are doing something wrong skill wise or gear wise. Proper use of spell/skill + consumables will bring your performance significantly and impress meters.

At this point just remain humble and don't say much. "Hai man nice dps/healz", "thanks mate I'm trying my best"
    Thats it, don't say shit how you're under geared, how the loot that dropped will make you better. Whatever you have in mind at the moment it's obvious. People usually like humble individuals but yet can perform. You only have to keep this up for 1-3 raids then I guarantee they will take you over the other member who always talk about loot, can't perform for shit and just plain dumb during boss fights.

PS: Do your dailies + farm for consumables. no excuses. or buy gold whatever.

*reserved*

this is my own work

it took me 4 hours to write everything down, please do not copy&paste without permission.

THIS IS MMOWNED EXCLUSIVE
    Last edited by ajs180684; 04-16-2008 at 03:02 AM.

Vex.'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF post it in one.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *reserved*

This guide is helpful for those people who always get their app rejected even though they're a decent player probably. Trust me guys, getting into a guild is easy and PvE is so ridiculously easy.

Nihilum works hard yes, they get the boss down with their own strategy, they play more but they get paid. So kudos to them excelling in what they do.

I just like my PvE strats and videos done by pro guilds so me and my guild just gotta zone in and kill the bosses easier mode.

Does my guide take effort? hell yes. But lets say you are currently raiding 4-5 hours in a scrub guild in ssc/tk and you know you can do better. Heck, read my guide, ask specific questions if u got em on this thread or PM me, and get yourself some high end epics.

-frij-
    Last edited by ajs180684; 04-15-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to the 2 random post who said I copied and pasted this. I wrote everything down based on my experience in the last 4 hours on Microsoft Word. Spell checked it and edited it ok.

Is it too good too be true? probably, but that is how I did my application and managed to join 2 end game guilds before BC and another 2 at the moment. I am sitting with 2x T6 4 months into the game and was in the guild's first illidan kill picture.

So if you want a pro guide from a pro player here it is.

NO stupid shit like selling bandages, tricking GM to refund your gold/points or how to afk without debuff whatever.

Feel free to ask RELEVANT question after you read the whole thing thanks

Nidhogg,'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Semms that he tells the truth
    Searched random text bits on google and found nothing.
    Nice work, +rep!
    [imgl]https://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/imgl]
    Originally Posted by V!persting View Post
    [...]nah, there is no limit of rape here. [...]
    [imgr]https://i30.tinypic.com/2nu1vr9.jpg[/imgr]

elinya's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting into ex. Nihilum
    1. Extinguish all signs of social life.
    2. Play wow for 23 hours a day.
    3. Sacrifice your firstborn child to the Gods of Blizzard.

hoboonaparkbench's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you fix it to reduce it to less than 8 posts, I'll double post you for +4.

Very nice, well-written guide. Most is somewhat common sense, but its definitely something not everyone knows, and looks pretty accurate (what your points were, that is).
    You got Teleph-OWNED.

ruthus567's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice def +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hoboonaparkbench View Post
    If you fix it to reduce it to less than 8 posts, I'll double post you for +4.

Very nice, well-written guide. Most is somewhat common sense, but its definitely something not everyone knows, and looks pretty accurate (what your points were, that is).
    1 sec, ill try to do it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast