0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aelwyn's Guide 2.4

Hi Everyone im Daniel, a new developer on Aelwyn's Leveling Guide. I wanted to bring you guys up to speed what is happening with Aelwyn's gude, aswell as share the latest version with you below and infrom you about the new competition we have started.

But more on this later. So what is happening with Aelwyn's guide right now? Quite alot actually.

We are in the process to rewrite the whole guide, to make you level much faster. We have removed almost all grinding (becasue it's boring). We are also having alot of new features planned for implementation.

Here is a short sample of what we plan to add

• Automaticly accept quests - This means you do not have to read through the entire dialog to get the quest, also it will automaticly make sure you get the quest that is on your current step
    • Automatic completion of quests - All you wil have to do is choose a reward
    • A timer showing how long you have played on that specific level - When you level up you will see your time and the fastest time on that level for your race.
    • The option to have the guide spec you character with a good leveling build - This means that if you are unsure of what a good build is or you dont have a good build you can let the addon add tallent points for you.
    • Autoskipping to the next step when you have completed the current one - Nor more clicking next button
    • Daily quests guide - Shows you how to complete the dialy quests as fast as possible

New in 2.4

Added the option to jump to a specific step
    Added the ability to click on a "eye icon" to select the NPC you are supposed to interact with if you are within 100 yards.

So now over to the fun part. The competition!

We have started a banner competition where we will give 3 lucky winners in 3 diffrent categories a lifetime account for the guide.

That means 9 lucky persons will get the guide for free.

What we need is advertisment banners, that we are going to use to promote Aelwyn's Guide, this will not only help us but you aswell as people will be able to see what an artist you are!

The categories are 468x60, 120x600 and 300x250.
    You may make as many banners as you want, but what we require is that you send all your submissions to [email protected], stateing your contact details and what category you are entering.

So what's left? Oh yes the download

Here is the latest Aelwyn's Guide

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/104532026/AelwynGuideDev2.4.zip
    Originally Posted by FallingReign View Post
    Great News! I think I worked out the problem. Thanks to your post tancognito

Turns out AGActivate Frame still exists it is just invisible. However this is just a Dev version after all and it wasn't bypassing the activation correctly on load.

For a temporary fix make a macro with the following ...

/script AGActivate:Hide()

If you click that when you load the game it should fix the issue.

If the problem still persistes after you click this macro let me know.

Hope that helps.

Also we are currently having a promotion offering lifetime upgrades to the guide for only 29.95 AUD ~27 USD

I Have read alot off support about our guide, and i hope you continue supporting us in our work to make the best and fastest leveling guide.

Stay tunned for more information.

Daniel
    Dev
    Aelwyn's Home
    Last edited by Spjutulf; 04-06-2008 at 07:05 AM.

Aelwyn's Guide 2.4
    smorfty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this will cost money?

Spjutulf's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes like all proffesional leveling guides out there. We have put alot of time into our guide, developing the addon and now we are rebuilding the whole questline. Also our guide is the cheapest on the market right now aswell.

Joanas cost $37 Team and Idemise Cost $35. Note that rhose pricees are in US$ while our's cost 29.95 AUD ~ $27.

Also we are planning so much more features then your ordinary levleing guide as you can see above.

But the download in my previous post is FREE it is the latest one and does not cost any money at all, you can use it for aslong as you like.

Hope that answwerd your question

Daniel
    Dev
    Aelwyn's Home
    Last edited by Spjutulf; 04-03-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Explorer2008's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The files are .toc .lua and .xml i cannot open them

Apple's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are ingame explorer, its an addon

Well Daniel, I have to say I love this guide and would be more than willing to make a purchase in the future when you have completed some extra things. In the meantime, Good luck!

XinuX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have downloaded the cracked guide here on mmowned, and it is the best guide i ever used.
    But if all that new stuff gets added i will definetly buy this and support your great work.

thomas_iso@hotmail.com's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet nice

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On behalf of the team i say thank you for your support.

We are very glad that you like our work, and we are thrilled that you enjoy the feature we plan on implementing, allthough that is only a small portion

In the meanwhile please enjoy our latest guide in the first post, and do please join the competition if you fell you have what it takes, you can get a free guide with lifetime updates

Also soon we wil be opening a support system, where you can sent us support tickets or chat with us live if you have any troubles or suggestions for the guide.

Explorer2008: Yes they are supposed to be, just put "AelwynGuide" in your addons folder. Thank you apple for answerign the qustion.

Daniel
    Dev
    http://www.aelwynsgudie.com
    Last edited by Spjutulf; 04-03-2008 at 12:01 PM.

JoeThePlumber's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will buy it when you add that but .... when the addon start do Automatically things can you not get banned for it?

burnstuff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should I buy your guide when QuestHelper is free?

aleksa92's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the good work

I really appreciate your work. Your guide is great it's a lot better than other guides I used. I love the arrow thing and that guide is in-game. A lot of +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dassaace View Post
    I will buy it when you add that but .... when the addon start do Automatically things can you not get banned for it?
    Maybe it was a slight missformulation on my part. What i meant was that you will not have to see the interface when you talk with the NPC. When you accept quests, you will not have to do anything more then to rightclick the questgiver and the addon will accept the quests for you.

It will not accept all quests for the whole leveling 1-70 just those that the current questgiver has.

Also when turning in quest we plan to have a box popup that only lets you choose the rewards for that npc, so if you have more quests to the same NPC you will choose all rewards at once and then the addon will turn the quests in for you.

By adding these functions we eliminate alot of clicking.

This should not get you banned at all.
    Auctioneer uses the same principle when it searches the Auctionhouse, it's a script that runs doing things for you automaticly that otherwise would take a long time.

Originally Posted by burnstuff View Post
    Why should I buy your guide when QuestHelper is free?
    "Compiles a list of waypoints for the quests in your quest log, and sorts them so as to minimize the distance between them, and so that they happen in the correct order.

Which is to say, it tells you how to complete all your quests while walking as little as possible. "

QuestHelper only shows you the fastest way if you ALREADY have the quests in your questlog. This means that either you will have to have a very good memory to remember which quests to pickup from level 1 to 70 or you need to use some kind of a guide if you want to level fast.

Also i have used questhelper and i did no like it for a number of reasons. First it clutters your map with lines so you cant see anything, Second it changes where it want you to go all the time what i mean by that is that the addon jumps from quest to quest to quest deppending if you moved right 1 step or left 1 step. Now i use carbonite which is 10 times better.

also you can use the ful guide above for free

I hope i could give an answer to your questions.
    And please do not hesitate to post questions or suggestions for the addon.

Daniel
    Dev
    Aelwyn's Home

ZombiDude's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I used the old guide and got to level 18, and then download this one, can I still continue but on the new guide or do I need to create a new character? Is the whole quest-line changed?
    Last edited by ZombiDude; 04-03-2008 at 01:14 PM.

ipnetz006's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we supporting these fools!? They're making money off of MMowned. And just because there's an arrow, somehow this guide's better then the rest? Are you god damn kidding me? All these guides are all the same but with different features. You must be really retarded if you can't follow any other guide with QuestHelper and Lighthdeaded addons.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ZombiDude View Post
    If I used the old guide and got to level 18, and then download this one, can I still continue but on the new guide or do I need to create a new character? Is the whole quest-line changed?
    Yes if you write down the step number you are on you will be able to continue where you left off. If you decided to download a newer version.

As for now we are rewriting the whole guide, but the newest version, posted above, is the same guide as the older ones.

Originally Posted by ipnetz006 View Post
    Why are we supporting these fools!? They're making money off of MMowned. And just because there's an arrow, somehow this guide's better then the rest? Are you god damn kidding me? All these guides are all the same but with different features. You must be really retarded if you can't follow any other guide with QuestHelper and Lighthdeaded addons.
    If other people like this guide and want to support us, isent that their choise?
    There is no need to come with verbal harasments. We are neither fools or A-holes (as you bluntly stated in another post).

Ofcourse you are allowed to disagree completly, but please don't call us names.
    And please by all means give us a link to a FREE guide that levels you ingame 1-70 as fast as 6-7 days.

And please do not call other people retarded just becasue they have a diffrent point of view then you. If you fell that you must call other people names and harsh words then please refrain from posting.

Also we are sharing this guide with you for free above. The option to buy this guide to support us, to pay for our hosting costs, development costs and the huge amout off time we put in for a service that most people seem to appreciate is entierly optional.

It is like donationg to MMowned, to show that you appreciate the time the MMowned staff put's in and helping mmowned continue exisiting.

Daniel
    Dev
    Aelwyn's Home
    Last edited by Spjutulf; 04-03-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast