0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twink from Scratch

Please forgive me if I'm not original but this is my personal experience.

After 2 years, I have 3 level 70s alliance side. I was a PVEer and only did PVP in BGs on occasion. Recently I got bored with PVE as I usually do shortly after hitting 70. This time a made a twink and went into WSG at 19. Even still, i lost most matches to the Horde so I decided to re-roll Horde on a PVP realm.

This means I have no access to my resources. I needed to start from nothing.
    I initially made a mistake but it turns out to have worked in my favor but I'll get to that. I was able to do this over the course of 2 separate weekends.

Weekend 1:
    I rolled a BELF Lock to level 10 and trained Tailor and Enchanting (I guess 5 would be fine for this purpose.) Then parked her at the AH/Bank.

Next, I rolled an Orc Hunter and leveled to 18. This was my mistake. I have since decided that Hunters are great in World PVP, BGs and leveling but may not be the best choice for me in endgame PVP (Arena)

Weekend 2:
    Rolled UD Rogue. This will be my Twink. Leveled to 10 normally but then moved to Orgrimmar and will finish in the Orc/Troll zone. By Sunday, I was level 15. I stopped leveling and moved to focus on Cooking, 1st aid, Fishing, Mining and Engineering. I ran around Durotar and Barrens mining everything and got into the 70s. I took the hunter and dropped LW and picked up mining as well. I don't want to really do much more soloing on the rogue now as I want to reserver the next few levels for running my instances to get my Blue gear. But I did level fishing to 150 and collected 4 stacks of Deviate fish. I need fishing for both money and to go to STV and get the fishing hat with 15 Stam that Twinks love. Sent the deviates and the ore to the lock as well as any other drops.

I am now using my level 18 Hunter to gather ore. Even just copper alone between Durotar and the Barrens, has yielded a significant profit.

I now have a level 15 Rogue with over 100 Gold and it's growing fast.
    This whole Process has only taken me a few hours extra outside of the normal leveling grind.

I have joined a guild, They have low level alts so I will get runs through SFk and WC.

There is NO reason why anyone cannot have a Twinked out Character by level 19!

It took 2 weekends of playing time for me.

I hope this is useful.

Twink from Scratch
    Davis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is common sense imo.

TheDriz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting lvl BoP gear is far from twinking.

sKaM's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a lot of new 2.3 BoP instance gear is twink gear

shadowblayde's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't include what to get or how to Twink, just how to be able to. I realize getting Blues isn't enough, but that's what the Gold is for, I will be able to buy enchants, I will be able to buy the Clefthoof leg kit. etc. etc.

I know this seems like common sense but this information needs to go out there somewhere. There are too many people who try to enter into the BGs with 2-4 hundred health. These are the same people who will go to the official forums and start flaming Twinks. The truth is, if you enter into the BGs at 19 without having at least 1k health and some sort of expensive enchant on a weapon, you will get steamrolled. I wanted to make sure that people know that it is possible without too much extra effort and or time. If I can keep up the rate at which I'm earning gold at low levels, this will not be a problem within a few more game sessions.
    Last edited by shadowblayde; 03-23-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

shadowblayde's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I have also been using Auctioneer and in the last 24 hrs have begun to buy and sell. This addon is invaluable. I anticipate a 50% increase in my Gold from yesterday. (Hey, we can all hope right?)