1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete guide to fake item links.

I'll start off by saying this is somewhat "old" information, but I have not been able to find a comprehensive post that teaches people how to do it with WORKING scripts. If it is a repost, I apologize and it can be deleted and or flamed. Onto the good stuff. Note: The sticky in the exploit section which I was informed of after I wrote this does not have any working scripts in it's examples, so hopefully this will make life easier for people (I didn't look their because this isn't an exploit)

The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to create "fake" item links. This is a very old method that still works to this day. Now what do I mean by fake item links? Here is an example:

What this guide will do is teach you how to:
    -Add fake enchants to any item in the game.
    -Change the language of any item link in the game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Visit the following websites:Step 2: Search for the item you want to modify. For this guide we will be using Thunderfury.

On the page their is a "Get Link" button in the upper right corner. This is what we will use to get the item link script that we will be altering in order to create the fake link.

When you click on get link a small pop up window appears with a World of Warcraft script in it. The script for Thunderfury is as follows.

Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this link to put into chat: 124cffff8000124Hitem:19019:0:0:0:0:0:0:0124h[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]124h124r");
    Now if you were just to copy that and paste it into the game you would get the item link for a normal Thunderfury. But we want to spice it up and make it truly legendary. Lets focus on a specific part of the script.

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this link to put into chat: \124cffff8000\124Hitem:19019:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]\124h\124r");

The 7 zeros are what we will change in order to create the desired effect. We will only ever modify up to 5 of them, never modify the last 2 otherwise the link will not work.

Step 3:Find the enchant or effect you want to add to the item link.
    I told you before to visit this website: http://http://www.wowwiki.com/EnchantID
    On that page is a list of all the enchant ID's in WoW. Find the one(s) you want and change the zeros to the numbers of the enchants. For example,
    lets say we want to enchant Thunderfury with, oh, +92 attack power. We serach the ENCHANT ID list for that and find the number which is

Step 4:Modify the item script.

The new script for Thunderfury enchanted with +92 attack power is as follows. (Changes are highlighted in red)

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this link to put into chat: \124cffff8000\124Hitem:19019:1627:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]\124h\124r");

Here is what it will look like in game when you link it to someone.

You can add up to 5 enchants or enhancements to the item by changing the zeros in the scripts we talked about before. Have fun fooling your friends or making people in trade chat go "WTF!!". Or if your intentions are more evil enjoy using this in scams.

Lastly, if you want to change the language of the item, simply go to wowarmory.com, search for the item, then go to the bottom of the page and use the "change language" feature. Copy the item name in the new language and paste it in place of the english name in the script. For example:

Spanish Thunderfury
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this link to put into chat: \124cffff8000\124Hitem:19019:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Trueno furioso, espada bendita del Hijo del Viento]\124h\124r");

Thats all there is to it! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Osiris183; 03-17-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Complete guide to fake item links.
    Ic3fuzion's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But this is for private servers only, right?

Yamanaki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ic3fuzion View Post
    But this is for private servers only, right?
    Works also in live. Thanks for the guide, I always wondered how to do it right. +rep if I can.
    Proud to be Druid!6):

hoboonaparkbench's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a repost, if you wish to see the original post IT'S STICKIED IN THE EXPLOIT SECTION. wow...
    You got Teleph-OWNED.

KingYoshi9's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried copy and pasting some of these codes on live servers and they don't seem to work.

Osiris183's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hoboonaparkbench View Post
    This is a repost, if you wish to see the original post IT'S STICKIED IN THE EXPLOIT SECTION. wow...
    Well, I didn't check exploit section because, its not an exploit.

And it all works on Live.

PS. The sticky in the exploit section after reviewing it, does not have a single script that works on live.

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is amazing +rep

Cashcharac's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha this is great, nothing like linking items in german with crazy enchants. keep throwing trade chat into a flurry of confusion

hoboonaparkbench's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you should browse the ones created by the repliers. There's a ton that are working on live servers. Items not in-game, such as the example the post makes are not useable because they will never be seen on live servers.
    You got Teleph-OWNED.

pavis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome +rep

This is very enjoyaqble. I place mongooses on my twinks wep and my guild was like wtf?!?!?!?
    I also placed healing and mongooses on mounts heads and shields and showed my mains guild an they were also like WTF?!?!?!?
    Last edited by pavis; 03-17-2008 at 06:53 PM.

SpiritWolf's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be a n00b cause its not working for me o_O' Any tips?

morddrid's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a lot of fun with this in trade a while back. From my netherweave bag with +damage to undead to my poisoned mana biscuits, I got a lot of laughs.

holdenv10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe the spanish thunderfury was patched, seeing as how i can't do it anymore..it just posts the english one up in trade