Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Best Raiding Resto. Shaman Spec. (IMHO)

I know that most shamans either go 0/5/56, or just full resto., but, in my honest opinion (might get flamed for this) its all about 8/0/53, why? Well first I'll give you a run down on what talents you should be getting, first, the advantages of the elemental tree.

Elemental:
    5/5 Convection (reduces mana cost of shocks, lightning bolts, and chain lightning by 10%), why? Because there WILL be cases where you will need to interrupt spells, such as Shade of Aran, or Blindeye (The priest in the Maulgar fight)
    3/3 Elemental Warding (Reduces damage taken from Fire, Nature, and Frost effects), why? Well, if you have EVER been to a fight like Shade of Aran, Gruul (Not sure if Shatter is Nature dmg tho >.>), or Wizard of Oz, you know that this is a life saver, this is PERCENTAGE wise, which means, the more dmg the spell is, more it is reducing dmg taken, which is CRUCIAL, this can be a real raid saver!

If I went through all of the Resto talents this would be a HUGE wall of text, so, I'll just go through the staples, not going to explain what they do just for the fact that if you don't know what they do and your going to be/are a resto. shaman, please, don't respec/respec.

Staples :

Totemic Focus: For long fights like Nightbane, you could be spending thousands of mana on totems, this is GREAT!
    Resto. Totems: Great, plus a req. for Mana Tide
    Mana Tide Totem: Its like a Mega Super Awesome Potion! Percentage based mana regen, its the shaman's evocation for the whole group!
    Imp. Chain Heal: Any shaman worth his salt is using chain heal, almost ALWAYS unless it is 1 mob, that is attacking only 1 person. One of the most mana efficient heal in the game with this talent.
    Natures Blessing: Not bad, but it is a requirement for Earth Shield.
    Earth Shield: I can't explain how good this is, its a healing proc that can crit, and takes bonus from healing, and no pushback on spells! Great in many situations, like in my case, found it is great for Warlocks in Illhoof, cause they have aggro on 5+ imps, thats a lot of pushback on seed of corruption! With just this this just about keep him alive all fight and the imps are cut down with ease.

The Best Raiding Resto. Shaman Spec. (IMHO)
    Tylerl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty good.

pbrocks's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R