Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Color chat addon for 1.12.1 [download]

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct section to post this, but i've taken a look and the others didn't look appropriate to me. Anyway you can freely move the thread elsewhere of course.

As you can see by my profile i've been exploring this site for many years because I always found great tutorials or releases or simply good ideas here, while I have not posted anything ever. So I wanted to share this add-on with you fans of vanilla private servers.
    We all saw that macro which would have changed the color of the text in your messages (I myself found it right here for the first time!) but I felt it was boring as you had to google other color hex's, edit the macro or having to create plenty of, and even having to relog to disable it when needed. Pretty annoying huh? So that's what basically the add-on does: it allows the user to easily change color via slash command using one of the built-in colors or simply choosing a color from the color picker. And of course enable/disable the add-on itself with on/off slash command.

Again I claim no credits for the actual macro to change text color. I simply reused that exploit in the add-on making it easier to reproduce. I was also inspired by the ColorMe! add-on which works in a slightly different way though and also doesn't uses vanilla API (it only works from 2.4.3 to 3.3.5 if I remember right).

Remember GM commands won't work with the colored messages.

Notes:

some private server might have fixed it. I have only tested it in Feenix. I haven't also tested it on later patches. All I know is it doesn't work on retail as of current patch (6.2.4)
    most private servers also consider writing with color a bannable offense, so I discourage you from using it with your actual/main account.
    I named it Coolore

download link: Coolor

Enjoy! Feedback is welcomed!

Color chat addon for 1.12.1 [download]