0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old vanilla addons? (pre-patch 1.12)

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post / ask about this (I don't know where else to)-

I'm currently running this server: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...l-vendors.html (Elysium Core 1.12 Repack - Including MMaps and Optional Vendors)
    and a couple of the features or options of the server, include setting the server version / patch to 1.2.0 (or rather, almost any major patch version between that and 1.12.1), as well as supports other vanilla WoW clients than just 1.12.1...
    one such patch version it supports, is 1.7.1

That caught my interest, because prior to some later patch (ah, I think I found it, patch 1.10.0 - Patch 1.10.0 - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft, the section where it says "New Final Destination Flight Paths!"), all flight points were unconnected... say you are in Stormwind, and want to fly to, Aerie Peak, upon interacting with the SW flight master, you could not simply click on the mark on the flight map for Aerie Peak and just be flown there, you'd have to first fly to the nearest flight master, so... memory is rough, say the FM in Burning Steppes first, or Thorium Point in Searing Gorge... or Lakeshire in Redridge Mountains if that is the first closest flight destination before the other two, then once you land, interact with that flight master, click on the next closest destination, like say Ironforge... rinse, and repeat, until you get to Aerie Peak).

I never got to play vanilla WoW back when it was happening, so this is very much just my own personal interest and stuff I'm playing around with, since as far as I'm aware, NO public vanilla private server actually runs or hosts earlier WoW versions than 1.12.1.

Anyway,

so I'm clearly running WoW client version 1.7.1.

Is there anywhere I can find old vanilla addons, that would work for that version of the game?

I've tried using 1.12.1 addons, when checking the "Addons" tab at the login screen, there's a little padlock icon next to each addon, mousing over it shows "Insecure" tooltip, the "Load out of date addons" checkbox needs to be checked, otherwise the addons won't load... and upon getting in the game, most addons do not work, and which ever ones slightly work (like Gatherer), don't fully work (node icons only on the minimap, not also the main map), AND LUA errors just spammed while logged on / trying to do anything.

I get that older versions of vanilla are not popular, like I said, most if not all public vanilla servers don't go any older than 1.12.1; I also get that this is 2023, most if not all old / ancient resources for vanilla WoW have been lost to time, but that's what brings me here today, is the hopes that somebody or somewhere out there is a long-forgotten source for older addons that might work for vanilla WoW, pre-patch 1.12.

I used to go to WoWAce, I vaguely remember finding older versions of addons there, but that site has long-since been overhauled and nothing older than 1.12.1 now.
    I also used to have hundreds of old websites / web pages bookmarked on my Chrome browser, but that was an old computer ago and I quit using Chrome in 2019, or maybe older ago than that, basically I lost tons of old bookmarks (web pages that hosted downloads for beta clients and sandbox servers, patch downloads, you name it).

I really do appreciate any assistance I can get with any of this, and I imagine I'm just a dumbass wanting a very specific something that nobody else in the world would ever care about again (not since 2005, anyway), but I figure, it doesn't hurt to ask in one of VERY few places I can think of to go and ask.

Thanks in advance.

Old vanilla addons? (pre-patch 1.12)
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a friend who has a large collection of pre 1.12.x addons, or at least used to. I'll contact him and ask if he still has it and if he'd be willing to share with me, so I can share with you. Might take a couple of days but I'll report back if I have any luck.

BlueRainsky's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    146/850
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)