3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using a second monitor for JUST addons.

So I'm trying to figure out if this is possible; I have two monitors and would like to use one of them for all my info addons.

Example: Monitor 1 shows WoW normally while Monitor 2 is pitch black and allows me to config addons on it (same way as if it was the main WoW screen).

Any ideas?

Using a second monitor for JUST addons.
    Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you want to be playing while having the addons control from the char selection screen open?

No not possible.

thenthelies's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aestysu View Post
    So you want to be playing while having the addons control from the char selection screen open?

No not possible.
    No no no, something like this;

Another screen dedicated to active in-game addons (things like skada windows, combat log, raid cooldowns ect.)

Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not possible.

Unless you spread wow across both monitors but that isnt what you want, that would make it like it is on one monitor.

myanek05's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im no expert with lua or anything of the sort, but you can spread wow across two monitors. Then you can unlock your World frame, resize, and reposition it. This will leave the area that is no longer used by the worldframe to be just a black area. You can unlock the worldframe and resize it your one monitor then utilize the second monitor for whatever, by editing addon LUA for position or using an addon like moveanything.

An example of a macro to unlock worldframe could be:
    /run WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true) WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, -150) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 150)

Explanation. The part that determines where the viewport is drawn are the two commands:
    WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", XXXX, YYYY)
    WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", AAAA, BBBB)

In these macros the "XXXX" will control the how far from the top left corner of the screen that the left-edge of your viewport is drawn. The YYY will control how far from the top left corner of the screen that they top edge of your viewport is drawn.

Setting negative numbers for XXXX will move the viewport to the left (so -150 means 'draw the world 150 pixels off the left side of my screen, a value of 200 means 'draw the world 200 pixels closer to the right side of my screen).

YYYY adjusts the viewport up or down (setting -150 means "move the top edge of the viewport down 150 pixels from the top of my screen", setting 200 means "move the top edge of my viewport off the top of my screen)

AAAA and BBBB work the same way (negative = down/left, positive numbers mean up/right) but they move the bottom and right sides of the viewport relative to the bottom right corner of the screen.

You can reset to default by running the macro with AAAA, BBBB, XXXX, and YYYY all set to 0.
    That came from this player's youtube, which has examples. Doing this should allow you to achieve your goal I believe.

Hope that helps.