0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current Best DK Spec & Rotations?

Hey, I just respec blood recentaly, And I Was digging the new DPS I was doing, And the rotations I was doing. But sometimes I feel as if I was doing better as unholy.... but im not really sure.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thats my toon, And thats the talent tree and glyphs I currently have. I wanted to know if I should be making my spec any better, And if I should be sticking with Blood or Unholy DPS?

If you can do atleast 3K DPS In a 10 Ulduar, and are a DK DPS. Please tell me your talent tree, And your rotations will be great.

Rep to whoever can help me out with this. Thanks !

Current Best DK Spec & Rotations?
    Pharia's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Skatee!

3.2 has brought many changes to the Unholy spec, in many ways its DPS has decreased due to the Scourge Strike nerf. However, the Frost DW spec has become very popular due to the introduction of the Threat of Thassarian talent. This may be an option to you if you have two slow one-handers available to you. If you're interested in going this route, this is the spec you're looking for: Frost DW 0/53/18 (change the asterisks to mmo(-)champion without the brackets, apparently it's censored)

The general rotation for this spec is the following:
    IT PS OB BS BS Dump
    OB OB OB Dump

The rotation focuses on the power of obliterate. Killing Machine and Rime procs are to be used together to get the optimal dps. If rime procs hold it until you get a KM proc, if KM procs save it for a Rime, or let it be consumed by the FS dumps at the end of a rotation.
    You can use the generic rotation, if you want to keep things easy. The priority rotation pretty much comes down to the same, but includes the various procs that the frost tree processes.
    A guideline for the priority rotation is: Burn your runes first, leave the RP for free GCD when your runes are on cooldown. The only exception is when both KM and Rime have procced.

If you do not own one-handers yet, you may want to stick with Blood. Blood hasn't changed a lot with 3.2 and is still pretty powerful. You seem to have the appropriate spec, but a quick glance at your gear setup tells me you have too much hit rating. The advisable amount of hitrating is 263 (8%) for special attacks. Since your damage is mostly physical, you do not need to go for the spell hit cap. I suggest you pull those 16 hit rating gems out and go for 16 strength ones. Do not worry about getting the socketboni.

The general rotation for this spec is:
    IT-PS-HS-HS-DS -DUMP- DS-HS-HS-HS-HS -Dump-

-------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I play as Frost DW nowadays, but I play with a fast off-hander because I don't have a better one yet. Still, I am doing 4k DPS in Ulduar 10 reliably in less than desirable gear. It shouldn't be too hard for you to achieve this as well!

If you still have any questions, just reply again and I'll get back to you asap.

Xicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't getting the answers you need here, try elitistjerks.com, but don't post. They hate that.
    Face the Dark. Absorb the Shadow. Win PvP. Become... A Warlock.