Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WowSig

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you can help me understand something.

I'm trying to edit the strings that appear on the Login screen (GlueStrings.lua in the MPQ files) in order to display my own "Breaking News" page and such edits. (See h t t p:// launcher.worldofwarcraft.com/alert)

Now, editing the actual file is not a problem, though as you may know, WoW performs a checksum of the files in the MPQ and compares it to the related .toc.sig files. This problem also arises in the development of AddOns.

Now, I've done my research and came up with an old tool back from WoWEmu days called wowsig.
    I can get it to create a .toc.sig file, though the game won't take it once I place it back into the MPQs.

I know this is possible, since model edits can be done and they are checked in a similar fashion.

Does anybody have any idea how to deal with this issue?
    (Imagine how much customization would be possible)

Here's the file:
    h t t p:// w w w. megaupload.com/?d=WDID8ZOG

Edit: Would there be a way to remove the checksum check altogether by messing with the executables?

Sorry for the links, the forums don't leave me a choice.

WowSig
    rockonground's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got it working, thanks schlumpf. =]