0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.1 My PVE Mage spec and raid rotations

I too was puzzled with this question, what spec to go after 3.1! After trying out what was on the forums etc and almost every variation of fire imaginable, i still saw a drop of about 2k dps from pre patch.

This is why i went back to arcane. They are so close and the only reason fire is slightly better is for the scorch debuff which is pretty crap anyway.IF you are like me, not hit capped, go arcane, this means you will deal so much more damage! You also ahve so much more SP etc which gets you into raids easier!

Basically, im sticking with the old arcane spec with a few variations for mana regen Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft .

Iv found much more dps with this than any other spec (so long as you can keep your mana up, which is very tricky at times). Also after testing with RAWR, i found that using arcane missiles after 3x ABlast even when it DOESNT proc gives more damage output than Arcane barrage! this means that you should only really use barrage when you are on the move! From more testing, i found that when Blood Lust is used, simply spam arcane blast (be very weary of your mana here!!!).

The only downside to arcane is the mana consumption! Arcane drinks mana faster ever! This means that you must try and use every single mana regen capability within your power, i usually wait until i get to about 75-80% mana until i use my mana gem (when i blast all my CDS to include the managem set bonus buff) and after all my cds are done i shud be down to about 40-50%. This is ususally when i use my evo, or i save it if higher than 40%. You should always have mana pots for emergencies! Also make sure you have the glyph of mage armor! This combined with the talent makes your aman shield regen 100% while in combat! This is a must have!

Thats pretty much it! Sorry for the huge wall of text! :P
    My 1.3 Cents (after tax)

3.1 My PVE Mage spec and raid rotations
    emjay_eon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant decide which specc i choose.
    arcane/fire or ffb + FM buff trick, but alot of mages use your specc so i think it's still good

ladycrys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer fire/arcane for pvp and frost for pve

911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought dual spec for my mage.
    currently it setup for frost and arcane

amunro's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whatever you do, dont go frost for pve. Huge dps loss. Anyway, im still almost certain that you get better dps as arcane, mainly because you need like full ulduar gear for it to work properly. I hate seeing all the fire mages in org who are still in greens, they will have such a low hit rating :S
    My 1.3 Cents (after tax)

Propheseus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this post. I have been looking for a arcane explanation today and this is a good one. Im looking for a build in PvE that has some synergy with my arcane PvP build.

MMOGoldAdvisor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah dont got frost. Choose either arcane (drink after every fight) full fire or frostfire. I was frostfire until 2 months ago where i temporarily stopped playing, and it was working pretty good. It was fun either
    Compare WoW Gold & other MMO Prices at www.mmogoldadvisor.com