0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gladius (arena unit frames)

Credits goes to Próditor for doing this Addon!

Link:
    Gladius : WoWInterface Downloads : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds

What is Gladius?

Gladius adds enemy unit frames to arenas for easier targeting and focusing. It shows a health bar, a mana bar below the health bar (optional), a cast bar below the mana bar (optional), a class icon to the left side of the health bar (optional) and important buffs and crowd control durations (optional, overlays the class icon). The frame resizes itself to the current bracket (optional).

Gladius uses the 3.0.2 arena unit ids, therefore it'll add units automatically to the frame (byebye targeting macros) and you'll always be able to target/focus the enemies, regardless of if they are added when you're in combat. The cast bars and the buff/debuff timers should be 100% correct.

You can add important buffs and crowd controls in the auralist.lua file. You will have to select a priority for it. If a buff/debuff is already displaying when the spell is cast it'll only show up on the class icon if the priority equals or is higher than the current one displayed.

More features:
    Arena enemies targets (optional): displays the class of the arena enemy's current target in a small frame on the health bar to the right.

Trinket status (optional): has a few different display options, but in general it shows if the PvP Trinket is ready for the arena enemy.

Slash commands:
    /gladius ui, config, options - displays the configuration screen
    /gladius test1-5 - shows a test frame with the chosen amount of test units
    /gladius hide - hides the test frame
    /gladius trinket - simulates a trinket being used for the first arena target

But.. but.. this is very similar to Proximo and SSAF?
    Yes, I simply created this as a learning project for Lua. I actually didn't plan on releasing it but in the end I thought it turned out pretty good and decided to give it a go. I do not expect to start competing with the big boys, but perhaps someone else is interested in using it.

Thanks to Proximo, SSArena Frames and their respective developers for working as both inspirational and informational sources.

Note: this is a Beta release and it may cause errors or have bugs. If you find any, please report them to me via WoWInterface - Proditor's Portal

Gladius (arena unit frames)
    connoromg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow this is sweet trying it out now