How to protect yourself against chargebacks? Is there an unrefundable payment method? menu

User Tag List

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to protect yourself against chargebacks? Is there an unrefundable payment method?

I have just experienced a nasty chargeback over Paypal and thus will never again use Paypal. I've just contacted their support via phone and instantly got the reply, that they can not do anything, even though it was said that seller's protection for virtual goods is now active, when the case is in regards to an apparent unauthorized charge. Utter bullshit. I had my experiences with Paypal over ebay and this last issue right here is the nail in the coffin for this company for me.

I've looked into 'Sofortüberweisungen' here in the EU, which is a service that can link directly to a bank-account transfer. Does Skrill work the same or can you file a chargeback there aswell? I want a simple and un-refundable method to be able to sell my virtual goods/currency. I have no time for these children in mature bodies, playing tricks on eachother.

What payment methods are there I can use, as a seller of virtual items, that protect me against chargeback fraud?

How to protect yourself against chargebacks? Is there an unrefundable payment method?
    zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alipay, bank transfer, western union, walmart2walmart, moneygram, and bitcoin are the only ones which do not allow someone to make a dispute. However, even using western union and moneygram have inherent risks due to potential fraud (they pay with stolen credit card, and you being the receiver of said monies can make you an accessory).

EDIT: They can do chargebacks on Skrill too

Anything you can pay with a credit card to make a transfer, can be charged back - upto 1 year later.