0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammed am i going to get banned?

So i sold my account a couple of weeks ago for 400$ and everything went smooth although i did not give him my id scan however i provided everything else like secret question ect.

However the next day i log into my paypal to see that he's taken the money back as this was my first time selling a WoW account i didn't really know what to do so eventually i figured out you can phone blizzard so i did and they took my wow account of the battlenet and put it on a new one over the phone because i had my cdkeys.

My problem is now i am contacted by someone claiming to have bought the account and calling me a scammer? my only guess is he resold it, this person is telling me they are contacting blizzard with all my info and getting the account banned.

My question is if somebody has your secret question and full name ect can they get the account banned? a friend of mine said they'll only lock it and request id scan he's not 100% though but after googling all i found was this forum so i thought I'd ask here because I'm worried lol being my paranoid self =p

Thanks in advance Sarah.
    Last edited by Sarah12; 08-12-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Scammed am i going to get banned?
    Facebook's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the account is originally yours, and they do get the account banned. (Worst case scenario)

You will always technically be the owner of the account, and therefore can always get blizzard to recover the account for you. Completely change everything on it like security questions and all.
    Seeing as they don't have a id scan. You should be fine, you might be without an account for a bit, but you won't lose it for good.

Don't worry.

DDDevilz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just say that you recently discovered a keylogger on your computer, and that's likely how they obtained all of your information. Lying is the easiest way to cover your ass in situations like these.

Sarah12's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read in the posts on this forum the difference between locking and banning, since they dont have the ID scan is the worst that could happen is blizzard lock it and request ID because that is what my friend said but he wasn't 100% sure. "im assuming the only way they could ban it would be if they had ID?"

Sorry if i seem dumb don't really use the computer for anything bar WoW =/ and yeah I'd never sell my account again its to complicated lol
    Last edited by Sarah12; 08-12-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Facebook's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever the person does, you'll win. Plain and simple.

Sarah12's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the fact i moved my mage to my husbands account and servers after this disaster due to the fact I'm not playing right now and was worried doesn't effect it.

It has been on their for a week or two now as he only contacted me on facebook today, sucks for him =x
    Last edited by Sarah12; 08-12-2010 at 01:21 AM.