Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to find someones IP (Three Ways)

How to get someones IP, and what to do with it

When selling, buying or scamming, IP addresses are a useful thing to have.

Well how do I get one?

Social Engineering:

This way, only works if they are dumb... Tell them, to go to WhatIsMyIP.com (or any other website that displays your IP) and say they are your lucky numbers, a secret code etc. If they tell you their IP, then.. that was pretty easy. But I doubt this way will work.

MSN File Sharing:

Go to Start>Run, then type in CMD and press enter. Now type in "netstat -n" (without the quotes). A list of Active Connections will show up. Do NOT exit this page, you will need this data later. Go on MSN, and talk to your 'victim'. Send him a file (a good file to send is a song, because it doesn't transfer very fast). Tell him that you would like to see if MSN file sharing works on your computer and then tell him to accept it. While it is transferring, type netstat -n AGAIN back in CMD. You should get the list again, but with a new connection (you can find the new one by comparing the lists). The new connection, is the connection your having between you and your 'victim'. Their IP is the new IP added to the Active Connections list.

Can you test my site out, please?:

(I put this guide in steps because it is a little harder)

This way works ALL the time. Using this way, you send your 'victim' to a page, that displays 'TESTING' or something, but it also gets their IP by a PHP script and it emails the IP to you.

1. Create a new account at x10Hosting | Home make sure you get the 'ad-free' plan. This hosting account is FREE. If this hosting doesn't work for some reason, search Google for "Free PHP hosting". Here, no-ads is a plus, but it's not necessary.

2. Download the attached test.php file below. After you downloaded it, double click it and press 'Select the program from a list'. From there, press notepad and OK. Look for [email protected] and change that to your email address. Save it.

3. Login to your account from x10Hosting | Home. Then look for your cPanel URL. Go there, and then click on 'file manager'. Now upload 'Test.php'.

4. Go to http://youraccountnamehere.exofire.net/test.php

5. Check your email, you should of got an email with the subject 'IP' and inside, it should have your IP. Cool, isn't it?

6. Talk to the person your buying, selling or scamming and tell them you're starting a business in selling and buying (don't say scamming) and the website works for me, but not for others. Can you test it? Then send them the link to the test.php page.

7. Now, you have their IP (it's emailed to you)

8. The only flaw in this is if they have some sort of IP hider or they use a proxy. If they aren't, this way will work for sure

What can I do with IP addresses?

Phone Them

If you're buying, or selling (legitly) and you don't wish to be scammed or you just been scammed by them, you can get much information from an IP. Get their IP, then get their first, and last name. Their last name is crucial. You can get their last name from paypal, or just politely asking them. Most people actually have it in their email address. After you have their last name and IP, do a whois on their IP.

I use: My IP Address Lookup and GeoTargeting - Community Geotarget IP Project - domain to IP lookup, what country, city IP addresses map to - IP Trace

Remember the city and province/state. Now go to Internetcalls - The Free Internet Calls Company, and download their program. Once it's installed and you've registered, search Google for an online phone book for that area (whitepages.com for US and CAN). Search for that last name, their city then put in their province/state. If there's an "And Surrounding Area" button, check it. Search. You'll get around 10-30 homes with that last name and city (most of them are probably extended family). Use internet calls, and phone every single one of them. Ask every person that picks up, "Is FIRST NAME there" (obviously replace the first name). If someone replies "Hold on", or "Who may this be?", or "Your in him", BINGO. You have that persons number. If they say "wrong number", then phone the next one on the list.

Tips:

- This does not work 100% of the time. It usually screws up in the IP whois as they can be off by alot (when I search my IP it says I live in Vancouver, which is a two hour drive away).

- This is good for when you've been scammed, and want your cash, or account back. Just spam them on the phone continuously. Usually, the parents will get sick of it and talk to you personally. Then explain the situation to his/her parents. If, they say "Phone again we're calling the cops"... KEEP PHONING. Seriously, they can't track these calls. I've had many old ladies phone the cops on me. Keep spamming until you get back your stuff. If you're really serious mail them some letters.

- After you have the list of numbers, write them down. Check off ones that say "you have the wrong number". Lots of times you'll get no answers, or people that don't accept anonymous calls. Call the people that don't answer later. For the people that don't accept anonymous calls, phone them via pay phone, or cellphone.

- When phoning the people, you'll sometimes get someone who's an uncle, or a cousin of the person. This is good, because they'll usually say, "Are you looking for my nephew, NAME". Say yes, and they'll give you the correct number.

Go to this thread

Use these techniques to get an IP to use in conjunction with this scam:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...backfires.html

Test.php
    test.php
    Last edited by iPapa; 01-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.
    " This isn't a game... There's no points, winners or losers "
    " Oh there's losers. "

How to find someones IP (Three Ways)
    Deathinabox's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.....it's pretty kool

Need some powerleveling at low prices?
    For powerleveling at low prices click this link:
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/servi...g-service.html
    We offer secure powerleveling. No account info leaks!

Aneubarlorey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very usefull, thank you. :-) +rep for you

iPapa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, never upped test.php
    " Oh there's losers. "

RyudoP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Ventrillo or possibly WoW Voice chat also enabled a direct link from player to player. But thanks for sharing, even if those are fairly logical methods

Dutch-Ninja's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing, + repzor from me.

Rahizzle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w

Good methods, but quite time consuming, i suppose its gr8 if you REALLY need to find someone!

+Rep

iPapa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well if you got scammed like $200.00+ you wanna get your money back. Or if you are a scammer just follow that guide I linked to.

Thanks for rep
    " Oh there's losers. "