8/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximize your gains.

Most of the time when scamming accounts, you have to be super quick when it comes to cleaning out banks, bags, and disenchanting their goods.

But.. what if.. you didn't have to?

What if you could spend hours, uninterrupted, and really do a complete clean out, including bank alts, etc?

This guide will explain how to do exactly that.

Most of this is common sense, and a bit complicated, but the payoff is totally worth it.

Step 1) Trial account.

Make a trial account. I'm sure you all know how to do that, so I'm not going to go into the specifics.

Step 2) Scam/Phish/etc

There are plenty of methods in the MMOwned scams forums for accomplishing this. However, for this specific guide, it will require a bit of stealth and subterfuge. The victim need -not- know that someone out there has their account info. In other words, you need to get their info in such a way that they aren't suspecting a thing because this process is very long and any mistakes could alert them to the coming theft of all of their in-game worldly goods. If they change their password, you're outta luck.

Step 3) WoW Community Forums

Login to the forums using the scammed/phished account. The reason you're doing this is so that you can check each of the realm forums and see what characters they have where.

Your main goal in this exercise is to find high level characters, enchanters, and bank alts. You can do this by using the forum feature that lets you select which character to post as.

Check the Armory on all of the ones that stand out. High-50s to 70s, and low levels with names that might give away that they are a bank alt.

After checking the Armory, you can see which are enchanters, which are twinked out and may be holding a ton of gold and goods, and which are high level uber geared alts.

Write down the names and servers of all the alts that catch your interest.

Step 4) Watch 'em.

Make a character on your trial account on each of the servers that you've written down that the victim has appealing characters on. /friend -all- of them. (Including all other alts on that server, I'll explain.)

Now, log your trial characters and watch for the following:
    1) Which characters get logged the most frequently
    2) When they are online the most.
    3) Average amount of time spent online.
    4) What order they most commonly log their characters.

With this information, you now know the following:
    1) What order YOU should log their characters for looting as to not arouse suspicion of any RL friends they might have on that server. RL friends are a scammer's worst enemy, as they tend to pick up the phone and let their friend know that their account is online.
    2) How much time you have before the victim might try to logon.
    3) When they're most commonly -not- online.
    And finally,
    4) What days you can make an excuse to their friends. 90% of the time when someone isn't online during certain hours, it's due to work or school. If you tell them you're sick, had the day off, etc... there's a 50% chance they won't realize you're not the real account owner. (Saying you stayed home from Work sick when the victim is still in high school obviously won't work so well. Try not to say exactly -where- you're staying home from.)

Step 5) Profit.

Loot, disenchant, vendor, etc with hours free to do so. You know when your victim will be online next, and so you know how much time you have to really clean them out. Hit all high levels, bank alts, and twinks.

Now, instead of cleaning out one level 70, you have the potential to clean out -several- that you didn't even know existed, along with a ton of other characters that might be literally sitting ontop of a stockpile of gold and goods.

Step 6) Do your Laundry!

Use one of the MMOwned scams forums methods of laundering your newly acquired loot, and send it off to your main.

(One such method can be found here!)
    I hope this guide helps all of you crafty scammers out there to maximize your scamming gains.

-Rukkus
    Last edited by rukkus; 10-22-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Maximize your gains.
    verbal19866's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Maximize your gains.

Nice post for sure man.
    Good idea's and this will help you get the most of scammed accounts.
    [Shank Of MMowned]
    999-9999 DMG
    100 % Chance to crit all the time, every time.
    100 % Chance to get an extra swing on your next attack.

Ude points: Gold Scam https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-s...tml#post379622
    Improved E-mail scam
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-s...tml#post311297

Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good guide and ideas +rep from me.

humpasaur's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to the timing thing. If you realize your victim has school try to logon then. Even if their friends are like "OMG dude you're on!" The owner can't do anything because they are at school.

PwnzorPony's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, ill rep ya xD
    I'm bad at computer, how did this get here.

typisklol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could do this 3AM.

DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typically i like to feel out the account when i log in i take note of what players are on in there social. if there is tons i wont do anything...the reason for social is to keep in contact with people you play with (meaning there on the same time as you). 3 am doesnt work for 1 reason when its 3am here its 2pm in austraila...yes aussies play on the us servers if you havent already figured that out. personaly i dont like changing the pass unless its absolutly nessicary. meaning your in the middle of a big clean out, you get dced from server. immediatly run over to the account managment and do these things, change the password and set the parental controls if they havent been set yet then go and request an email and phone number change, also take note of the city and state (important if the security question ends up being high school. then go log back in and continue cleaning it out some more. there are tons of ways to end up owning the accoutn you just ment to clean out. it happens to me all the time...but i reliese my time is limited and i do what i can with it. oh well sorry to ramble....

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice you actually study the victim, i like that no one does that these days. +rep

P.S. You can use my guide to launder whatever gold you make from this

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...-wow-gold.html