Nice tips! +rep
First off I'd like to say that this is not a scamming idea. These are just some tips I wrote for when you use mail.com to send out fake emails, and to also make you aware of what might happen when you send out fake emails to scam accounts.
1. Ok, I've seen a lot of people saying "omfgz I can't log into my mail.com account I use to scam people's accounts!" Yes, if someone reports your email address as a phishing site, then mail.com WILL close your account. I've had this happen to me 4 times before. In the address bar you will see the link show up as something like this:
This may be a coincidence, but I have had my most recent mail.com account for 2 weeks so far, mainly cause I don't send out 100's of emails like I did on my other accounts. At most, I send out maybe 20-25 a day, if any. So what I recommend is you don't send out tons of fake emails everyday.
2. If you've sent a fake email to yourself to test out what the email looks like, you might have noticed at the bottom of the email, something that looks like this:
Or like this:Code:-- We've Got Your Name @ Mail.com !!! Get a FREE E-mail Account Today - Choose From 100+ Domains
Some people will see this and say 1 of 2 things. 1. "Hmmm, looks like another random add placed at the bottom an email," or 2. "Hey, this email was sent from a mail.com domain name, this guy is a scammer!"Code:-- Want an e-mail address like mine? Get a free e-mail account today at www.mail.com!
What I usually do to make this less noticeable is to press the enter button about 10 times at the end of the email.
3. When you are making your fake email account, you are not allowed to have the words "administration" or "administrator" in the email. I also think the word "admin" is not allowed to be used either, but I'm not quite sure. However, you are allowed to use "gm."
So, for example, you could have an email address like this maybe:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or something like
4. After you make your account and you get to the part where you have to enter in your first & last name, for your first name, enter in email@example.com & for the last name, just put a period. After all this and you're on you're way to sending out emails, for the subject you should put World of Warcraft - Account Under Review. After all this, when your victim receives the email, it will look like this in his email:
These are just a few things I know about mail.com. If you have any other tips or things we should know about, please reply & I will add it in. I hope you all find this useful for when you use this site to make a fake email address, and send fake emails. Oh and if I made any grammatical or spelling errors, I apologize, but I have a cold and I'm really out of it right now :sadwavey:
Last edited by Loveshock; 10-20-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Nice tips! +rep
nice post! Question, how do you put html in the e-mail and also, how do u spoof your mail.com?
thx for this, should help +rep
hehe i ticked you iver 2 50
Last edited by somknight; 10-11-2007 at 04:19 AM.
imo this will probably fool more than your average noob
So after you right-click it, go to properties and look at the part that says "link." Just copy the link there and past it into the window that pops up when you click the "Add Image" button at mail.com. Viola! The picture is now in the email. Hope this helps
nice tips +rep
Thanks for the awesome tips. I usually have trouble scamming people with fake emails....
Very very well done... if this forum has stickies... then STICKIES PL0X!! >.< +rep!
thumbs up! great post!
I have tryed it doesen't work with 10 spacebars at the end of the e-mail =/
Did you mean 10 linebreaks:
EDIT: Because I'm a moron
Last edited by dev; 10-22-2007 at 10:27 AM.