Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha tbf you could charge that much for it but i suppose makes it less likely to work.

New Spectral Tiger Mount Scam
    maxiboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, works like a charm

Araredon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /agree with everyone else, people are gonna get suspisious when your giving spectral tigers out for 300g each

decomarius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent like 12 email to lvl 80 players.Haven't got anything yet.

Insaniumlol1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump nice post man

gambit546's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting scam. Seems though that you could get easily banned. Interesting nonetheless

warcraftmerchant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Version of Tiger Scam

Nice post, here's my version. I would make it a new thread but I don't have the ability to post WoW Scam threads yet...I realize most of this has probably been said but I just wanted to put it all together into how to make the most out of scamming with a scammed account.

Over the past week I've spent maybe 30 mins-1 hour a day on a scammed account doing the tiger scam and got over 100kg. The account has an 80 on one realm, a 19 twink on another, and a 69 on a third realm. I looted all the guild banks first of all. I made alts and brought them to cities and asked for 1 silver for mail. I did as the OP said and mailed myself the "codes."

When I logged onto my scammers I would take the copies of the letters and use my macro "/2 Selling Spectral Tiger code, 8000g!" while watching for anyone saying "LF LW" or "LF Enchanter" or any other professions, even "Buying Titansteel CD". I would invite those people to group, have them come give me the mats, and mail them off to my main account. Often they would ask for links to the mats or my skill and I would either use a link posted in trade already or make an excuse and drop group. This got me an extra couple thousand gold a day while waiting for code buyers.

Whenever I would scam someone I would add them to friends and put what i scammed off them in the note. If you only have a couple people you've scammed on a character then you can wait until they're not in trade cities to post your code sale so they don't go shouting about how your code is fake and such.

I never took the really low offers (below 1kg) but since the membership on the account runs out soon (in 2 hours actually), I took some low payments. Often the buyer decides you're not trustworthy and you need to talk them back into buying. Say "I swear its legit, take screenshots if you want to show gms if I'm lying. If it doesn't work tell me and I'll give you back your gold. I don't want to lose my account and the gold with it scamming." That will work 90% of the time but if it doesn't say "I'll even do it 50% for code, 50% when it works." That should get the ones who doubt you.

If people start to harrass you with whispers just ignore them. Once you've got too many people pissed off at you it's usually best to jsut switch realms and start working from another char. Eventually you're chars will have bad reps on the realm but there's always someone who hasn't heard about you. Even with people saying I was a scammer in trade I still got 2 guys within 10 mins who each gave me 8000g with hardly any convincing needed.

I must have had like 30 people tell me they're talking to a GM to get me banned...not a single GM has contacted me and the account's still working.

Once you've got the gold on your main account, keep track on how much you've got on what faction, on what realm. This comes in useful when you sell. Only sell to companies, not individuals, they will scam you for sure.

yunlek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will try this +rep if it works

Komonek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, scammed 4 poeple on one of the accounts, and yeah I think i'll get banned ^^ +REP

Kvick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked ;P 1800g so far !

Smygelito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a chance of getting banned on the acc you used to make the mails on?
    Since then you will be the "Author" of the scamming.

Reaper5's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a scam that probably yields small amounts of gold.

not sure if many people would fall for it for 1k cods

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kingviper View Post
    If you found useful you know what to do
    No...What do I do?
    Master Chairman of Pedo-Con 2009

kingviper's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

====

Originally Posted by Kakucis View Post
    You take 100-300 gold? Oh god, You deserve a kick in the face for using this scam for sucha low amounts.

BUT There is less chance you are repoted! Cause 100-300 from 80's is like a crumb off a cookie

So they dont usally report you

:gtfo2:

Jankem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A person will spend whatever if they really want it. The truth is, by dropping the price to 300, you ARE scaring people away. Like buying a ROLEX in Bahrain for 15 bucks. They know it's bogus. You may catch a few retards, but the smartards are swimming away in schools.

Slap a 5000g price tag on it. They'll take the bait if they're dumb enough. This COD method is really "fail" compared to the oral one-to-one sales method commonly preferred by other cons. The problem lies in the mechanics of the scam. You're essentially HOPING that someone says, "Sure...I'll pay xxxxg for whatever is written on this piece of paper attached to this email from a levl 1 I've never met."

At least with the face-to-face they are able to ask questions like, "Why are you on a level one -- Why are you selling online?" It's a comfort zone for them that even though they are on the edge of fukdville, they've asked all of the questions that they felt they needed to ask. With a mailer, they don't get this. They just get an attachment from a stranger with a 5000g cod-tag.

The reason the COD scam works is because they know what's coming and don't realize they got screwed until after they've paid. Even still, you're hoping that they don't realize that there is no number imposed on the stack. But the key point is that they know it's coming.

In my opinion, knowing even the dumbest of WoW players, and having conned some of the smartest, I'd say that any success story from this scam is fabricated. You may make a few hundred gold (based on your sales price which was my original train of thought) but you won't clear the type of numbers you would doing it old fashioned TCG.

Sorry to cream on your cake...but it is what it is.
    Master Chairman of Pedo-Con 2009

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast