0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RAF] Scam, Leveling secret advantage

I know, the [RAF] tag doesn't give the best impression, but bear with me. Just posting this to try to contribute, and I tried searching but couldn't find anything about it, but if it's a repost, pew pew shoot me down and then lets talk about bunnies instead.

Edit: Forgot to add, the topic is a bit misleading, but I couldn't really phrase it right.

Now, this is not in any way a fool proof scam, and it requires you to find a really gullible person and exploit the situation.

Story time:
    So, I was starting up a new alt, and since my friend (who I recruited earlier and leveled with) had leveled up two chars, I could grant my alt alot of levels. So there I was, in STV (Don't ask me why, no particular reason), dinging like crazy, and around 35-40 somewhere a hunter gets curious. He doesn't know about RAF and thinks I'm exploiting something.

Now, you probably know where I'm getting at here. It's one of those situations that you just love to take advantage of. So this is not really a scam that you're looking to find, but anyhow.

He of course asks me to share the secret, and after some conversation he agrees to pay 1k gold for it. (In the end I regret not setting the price higher, an epic flyer for my alt would be nice.)

So all in all, I got paid for telling someone about Blizzards RAF. Depending on how you phrase yourselves, you could probably get a temp ban or such, but if you don't mention it as an exploit or other "illegal activities" I doubt Blizzard is gonna ban someone because another guy was too stupid to keep up to date with the news. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Short version:
    If you're granting an alt levels, don't do it in secret, do it in the open where there are lots of gullible people, you might end up richer.
    Last edited by Thi3f; 10-13-2008 at 07:15 AM.

[RAF] Scam, Leveling secret advantage
    Apartment Wolf's Avatar King - AMG
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I guess its kind of a scam and would work a lot better if the victim approachs you.

Thi3f's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Toxicity12 View Post
    ^^ I guess its kind of a scam and would work a lot better if the victim approachs you.
    Yeah, that's the drawback. You can't really find the victim, they need to approach you.

Apartment Wolf's Avatar King - AMG
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repped you BTW it is a nice contribution ^^

Thi3f's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Toxicity12 View Post
    I repped you BTW it is a nice contribution ^^
    I appreciate it I'm tired of leeching of the community, I only wish I had something more worthwhile to contribute, something a bit more bullet proof.