Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TRUTH about several stuffs

Hello people,

Since every day I see here on MMOwned lots of threads with fake/wrong informations or stuffs that don't work (fail ), I have thought to write the TRUTH about them. Enjoy!

FREE CHARACTER NAME CHANGE

There are only 2 ways to change your character name for free:

1) Transfer the character to another realm where already exists a character with the same name (you can create it).
    2) Delete the character, make a new one with the same name and then ticket a GM. If they restore it (it's not guaranteed, and it can takes up to 3 month...) you must change his name since there is already another character with that.

Any other method (trying to convince GMs that the name is offensive, etc) DOES NOT work.

GM FACTS

- There are no GM commands on official servers. Actually, GMs rarely log in game: they use a special console (nothing to do with the WoW client that we all know) with several "macros" that they use to answer tickets. Also they can see logs and other stuffs from here. If they log in game (this is a very, very rare event) they use a special client.

- Deleting a character and making a new one with the same name DOESN'T fool the GMs. All characters have a unique ID (something like GUIDS in MaNGOS) and all actions are stored with its, not with the character name.

- If you log with another account to scam or to do anything else, don't bother deleting the Cache/WTF folders. GMs can't see them.

- GMs will NEVER, EVER log with your account to restore lost professions or other stuffs. Of course they can ask you to log out a few minutes, but they actually don't use your account: they simply need that your character is offline to work on its database tables. And, no, if you log while they are working you will not have GM power... commands don't exist, and you don't have the special GM client (read above).

HACKS

There are NO hacks that can make you invincible, give you golds, change your stats or make you kill everything with one hit. If you find one of this, don't download it: it's clearly a scam or a virus/keylogger. The only hacks that can work (not all, of course) are simple things like speed and mountain climbing.

LAST NAME CHANGE

There are absolutely NO way to change the last name registered on your account. Calling Blizzard saying that you got married DOESN'T work since they ask for official marriage documents. You can always try to photohshop them, but it's not recommended.

MULTIBOXING

Don't use multiboxing in Europe realms: is bannable. I reported at least 5 multiboxers. All GMs told me that is ok to log with more than one account at the same time, but that is NOT ok if you use an external software to control all the accounts. In fact, all multiboxers that I have reported got a 72h ban (for 3 days I haven't see them online) and now they don't multibox anymore. I think one of them got a permanent ban since I have never seen him online anymore. If you don't believe me, next time I report someone I'll show you a screenshot where the GM tell me that multiboxing with external programs is bannable (at least in Europe, don't know about US).

PERMANENT BANS

There are NO ways to get a permanent ban without previous ban and/or warnings. You can use hacks, bots, spam, sell golds, scam, insult GMs, but they will NEVER, EVER perma-ban you at the first time. I think the only way to get a permanent ban at the fist time is trying to do something illegal (not only against the Blizzard policy) like trying to hack their servers (good luck) or recalling the money used for subscription.

WAY TO KEEP ACCOUNTS

If you have a scammed account with only username and password, there is actually a way to keep it yours forever. First of all, change the password and put your credit card (if you have one) to pay subscription. Then buy a Blizzard Authenticator (good luck, they are almost always sold out) and apply it to the account. The original owner can do absolutely NOTHING to keep the account now, because he can't log in game nor in the account management. And if he is clever and call Blizzard saying that he need to remove the authenticator... they will ask him several stuffs including PASSWORD and LAST DIGITS OF CREDIT CARD! Yes, I know that "A Blizzard Employee will never ask for your password.", but believe me, one of my friend has actually tried. And, of course, 90% of the victims won't even try to call Blizzard.

P.S.: sorry if this is the wrong section, but most of these stuffs are about scams, so I have posted here hope it helps.
    Last edited by Poglia; 08-31-2008 at 06:03 AM.

The TRUTH about several stuffs
    Quale's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other method (trying to convince GMs that the name is offensive, etc) DOES NOT work.
    It does actually, me and a friend of mine once reported our guildmaster's character name for a laugh.. he got a name-change request the day after.

- There are absolutely NO way to change the last name registered on your account. Calling Blizzard saying that you got married DOESN'T work since they ask for official marriage documents. You can always try to photohshop them, but it's not recommended.
    HEY! I posted that! (that does work actually, just have to put effort into it)

-
    The rest of the stuff you posted is close enough to the truth, so I won't flame.
    Thank you for making this list and clearing some stuff out for the starting mmowners
    Last edited by Quale; 08-30-2008 at 04:11 PM.

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already knew those things, but i didnt know about the last name change. BTW There IS a way, i mean if you really get married, cant you give them the documents

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Quale:

Strange but possible. It always depend on the GM/Blizzard employee, like when you ask an item restore. Some of them will accept and others will say no. I personally tried to mail and call Blizzard asking a name change and they declined... you were lucky.

For jimei:

Of course if you really get married you can :P

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea you can scam like this too, you marry some girl, have sex, after that divorce and marry another bitch, and have sex, and divorce, like this you can change ur name every day lol

adamtherien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was perma banned for botting with out a warning before hand

Fragmad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    PERMANENT BANS

There are NO ways to get a permanent ban without previous ban and/or warnings. You can use hacks, bots, spam, sell golds, scam, insult GMs, but they will NEVER, EVER perma-ban you at the first time. I think the only way to get a permanent ban at the fist time is trying to do something illegal (not only against the Blizzard policy) like trying to hack their servers (good luck) or recalling the money used for subscription.
    Lies, Glider can get you permabanned right away.

Johninwow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimei View Post
    Yea you can scam like this too, you marry some girl, have sex, after that divorce and marry another bitch, and have sex, and divorce, like this you can change ur name every day lol
    Haha in a perfect world..

Strupantwn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PERMANENT BANS

How do you explain what happen to all the Ban Waves?
    All the Gliding/Botting Instant Bann ?

raiden009's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    charackter name change method dont worked for me xD

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Poglia View Post

LAST NAME CHANGE

There are absolutely NO way to change the last name registered on your account. Calling Blizzard saying that you got married DOESN'T work since they ask for official marriage documents. You can always try to photohshop them, but it's not recommended.

that is not true

BLIZZARD POLICY DOES REQUIRE THAT YOU SEND IN DOCUMENTATION THAT IS CORRECT!

BUT... there are many many workers at blizz that are not so smart-- I have gotten away with 4 name changed successfully-- they are not supposed to do this-- but it depends on who you talk to

Gog123456's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no rep from me, not all of your information is accurate.

Koleo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your online on 2 accounts at same time with different first and last names you'll get banned

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yadkef View Post
    if your online on 2 accounts at same time with different first and last names you'll get banned
    Nope. I often use my girlfriend account and mine at the same time. No ban, no warning. Never.

And ALL stuffs are 100% true, at least in Europe. I have tested them all. But...

Of course you can change character name and last name if you find a very very dumb GM/employee, but 90% of the time this doesn't work. I tried lots of times.

And, no, they don't ban at first time for bot. A friend of mine bought power leveling 2 times and they used bots. He got a 72h ban. Also I reported many many players for botting (all days in the same place and they don't react when attacked) and all of them were online again after 3 days. About ban wave, another story.
    Last edited by Poglia; 08-31-2008 at 05:31 AM.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yadkef View Post
    I dunno who the hell told you that but its not true.. think about it lmao

if that were the case-- everone at a cyber cafe would get banned everytime they got online-- as there can be 20+ users on the same IP address in that case

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast