0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard Authenticator Idea

Ok so I was thinking you can hook these things to as many accounts you like. And then of course it struck me, aslong as you can access the account you can access the service where you hook this up to the acc and by that make sure the original owner can not longer access his own account without your blizzard authenticator random generated number? Obviously I haven't tried this cause the Authenticator is sold out, but it sound to me atleast like a good idea.
    However you might need to confirm in a email that you want to hook the authenticator up to the acc, but even with that its useful against original owners cause aslong as you get email and acc access you can completly lock them out.
    So thats my idea, anyone know if this is doable or if Blizz have thought of this and done something smarter than I could think of?
    Might be wrong section for this, but I found it somewhat more of a tool to scam than exploit or anything else.

Blizzard Authenticator Idea
    [Royal]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean scam an account and hook it up so they can't login? nah because they could call in or do some crap to get it back or see it I dunno

Maaby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats probably right yeh, but often the account you hacked from someone might not be theirs in the first place. It can be hacked/bought/given or so meaning he is not original owner, if you are this lucky and do this. He can not access acc management, and blizz wont help him until he can prove he is original owner which he is not. Of course theres no way to know if this is the case before you try, but you might be lucky.

thebaglord's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool idea

interesting idea imo.

Maaby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some extra bits of digging into this, this is quotes from the Blizz Authenticator faq. Only pulled out the relevant ones.

Can I apply my Blizzard Authenticator to more than one account?

Yes! You’re welcome to associate a single Blizzard Authenticator to as many accounts as you like. Please remember that you must have that Authenticator with you to log in to any of these accounts afterwards.

What happens if I lose my Blizzard Authenticator? Do I lose the account it’s linked to?

If you lose your Blizzard Authenticator, you will need to contact Blizzard’s billing and account services team for assistance. Our representatives will be able to assist you with regaining account access by verifying certain secure information with you.

Can I turn the extra security of the Blizzard Authenticator on and off as I wish?

While you can add the Blizzard Authenticator as you wish, removing it will require a call to billing and account services.

So my take on this is that the ultimate scam to do with this tool is to scavange a wow trading site for sellers selling accounts where they NOT are the original owner. Then ask to try the account, apply yer Blizz Authenticator device as you "try" the account. And voila you have locked them out. Sounds like a possible win to me, im still unsure if you need to verify by mail that you attach the tool, but more on that later if I can find some information on it. The tool is still sold out so I can't try this yet.

Thanks for reading =)

mschultz32's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel if you continually used the same authenticator on many accounts that become questioned you will be cruising for trouble.

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would work, expect authenticators are like ALWAYS sold out.

shadowfox47's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless you order one rediculesly overpriced on ebay