0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Authenticater phishing scam -

Ok , I came up with this scam in about 5 seconds and didnt give it much thought. Personally I think this scam would fail , but has a slim chance of being a decent phishing scam.

1) You need a phishing site - follow darkninja/Moji's guide.
    2) You need to make a convincing e-mail ( I might make one and post it)
    3)You have to agree that you think its time for something other then the same old Wotlk beta phishing....it just gets retarded after a while because of the fact that 99.9% of phishers use it.

To describe this scam simply , your just telling them in a well organized proffesional , convincing e-mail , that the person has been chosen to recieve a free Blizzard authenticater for their account.(you can make up some crap in the email such as due to recent security issues with their account or something..if you want)

Then in the e-mail where you have something such as "To learn more and complete the registration for your eligility for a free Blizzard authenticator. You will have to prove that you are the true owner of your account , after processing the information , you will be redirected to registration. To verify yourself and register for your free Blizzard authenticator please visit the following link" Thats when you link them to your phishing site , after filling out all their account information they will just get redirected to the WoW homepage. They might catch on afterwards and be pissed , think something happened , or not know what the hell is going on... but who cares? You already have their information! This will all work , depending on if the person even falls for the email...This could also work with telling them they have been chosen to join the tournament servers for free.

I hope atleast somebody thinks this could work ,I'm tired of seeing people just making Wotlk beta phishers...It really gets retarded after seeing the same phisher over and over and over again...Again remember I came up with this scam in less then a minute without thinking it through much...I only posted it , because I'm almost certain it's not a repost. Hope to atleast see somebody try it ;D

(E-mail added)

Congratulations!

You have been randomly chosen to receive one brand new Blizzard Authenticator. If you choose to activate this with your account you will have to enter the numbers on the Authenticator to access your account every time. This is to help prevent unwanted account compromises.

The Authenticator key will be good for one account. If you would like to purchase additional Authenticators, you may do so at our store:
    Blizzard Store

In order to receive your Authenticator, you will have to verify your account information at the following link:
    <a href=YOUR SITE HERE target="_blank">https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/login/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldofwarcraft.com%2Faccount%2Findex.html</a>

You will receive your Authenticator to the address you provide. You will receive your new Authenticator in 2 weeks. Shipping and handling will be free of cost.

To activate your Authenticator you must log into your account. From there, click on the "Add Blizzard Authenticator". You will be required to enter in your 10 digit serial number found on your Authenticator.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    P.O Box 18979, Irvine,CA 92623

All thanks goes to Moji for the email
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Added Tournament Server e-mail)

Congratulations!
    You are receiving this email to notify you that you are eligible to sign up for a free trial of our Arena Tournament Servers.
    The trial will run through the next six week qualification round! Features you can expect on the Arena Tournament Servers
    include-
    *Instantly create up to three new level 70s with full sets of PvP gear per realm
    *Use our special tournament forums to post feedback and strategies, and to recruit team members
    *Prove your skills in 3v3 Arena team combat
    *Qualify for live tournaments with a chance to compete for over $200,000 in cash prizes

You have received this email for one of the following reasons:
    - You have shown great skill on one the three past arena seasons.
    - Your arena team rating has reached the rating cap.
    - You show great strength, and interest in PvP (Player versus Player)gameplay.
    - You are one of the lucky few randomly chosen to test.
    To begin your registration for your free trial, you must verify your account.This is do to Restrictions.

<br><br>
    To verify your identity and begin your registration please visit the following webpage: <br>
    <a href=YOUR SITE HERE target="_blank">https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/login/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldofwarcraft.com%2Faccount%2Findex.html</a><br>
    Thank you for your time and on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment, we hope to see you enjoying the
    trial period of our Arena Tournament Servers!
    <br>
    <br><br>

Regards,
    The World of Warcraft Team

^ This e-mail is a combination of what I ripped off of, TheGreatRowaH ,and Moji's work and also some from the actual arena tournament page. A small amount of it is my own material.
    Last edited by Desmage; 07-03-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Authenticater phishing scam -
    Moji's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see that my phisher has more than one use. I can see this scam working quite well since half the WoW population = mentally challenged. Maybe perhaps you can provide a sample email for people to work with?

Gummibär's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't Evil Page be used? It's not like they have to e-mail you back.
    Scammed Gold: 31821g

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes evil page can be used.
    edit:
    +2 rape cookies from me for thinking outside the box
    Last edited by Moji; 07-02-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Desmage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E-mail added...it's my first attempt at a phishing email ever...So please dont criticize.
    As I said that was my first attempt at an email ever , you can fix it up/change it however you want to make it work better for the scam.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here this is probably a better email to rearrange into a masterpiece.

Congratulations!

You have been randomly chosen to receive one brand new Blizzard Authenticator. If you choose to activate this with your account you will have to enter the numbers on the Authenticator to access your account every time. This is to help prevent unwanted account compromises.

The Authenticator key will be good for one account. If you would like to purchase additional Authenticators, you may do so at our store:
    Blizzard Store

In order to receive your Authenticator, you will have to verify your account information at the following link:
    <a href=YOUR SITE HERE target="_blank">https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/login/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldofwarcraft.com%2Faccount%2Findex.html</a>

You will receive your Authenticator to the address you provide. You will receive your new Authenticator in 2 weeks. Shipping and handling will be free of cost.

To activate your Authenticator you must log into your account. From there, click on the "Add Blizzard Authenticator". You will be required to enter in your 10 digit serial number found on your Authenticator.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Just remember to try and get it as long as possible. Blizzard emails always contain a bunch of words.

I admit, I'm no english scholar but I am decent with the words and coming together thing.
    I'm better at math -.-
    Last edited by Moji; 07-03-2008 at 02:04 AM.

Desmage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah , that e-mail looks a lot better then the one I had...I posted yours instead...Thanks ;D

xIxVoLcOmxIx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, very nice.

TheGreatRowaH's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this alot, and thanks for the credit. +repcookies

Desmage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, very nice.
    I like this alot, and thanks for the credit. +repcookies

Heh , thanks...I didnt expect people to like this idea , I guess I just doubt myself too much , I suppose.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really not a bad idea tbh.

Desmage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Moji View Post
    It's really not a bad idea tbh.

Yeah I agree , it's not a bad idea...I'm just not good at judging my own ideas I suppose

TheGreatRowaH's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So uhhhhh, any word yet on the actual phishing site?

Wescap's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you color your posts, it makes the information displayed look so much better. LOL. I love the colors keep up the good work.