0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auction House Scam (Scam the scammer)

Okay as this is my first post I hope you will like it.

For this scam you will need 2 accounts by the way, since you can't bid on your own auctions. Just use a scammed acc or borrow a friend's.

Most of you've heard about the "Goldfarmer scam"?
    When you see a crap item for about 1000g sold by Greg, then you make another char called Grég and put the same item up, for the same amount of money.

Well this is my idea, when you see that white item on sale for 1000g, and search for it on the AH, and you see like 5 auctions of that item, you buy all 5 of them and put them up for a very expensive price.
    The other scammers that think they will earn 1000g will buy that item for a ridicoulus amount of gold just to find out that it was only a prank auction.

Just came up with a better idea: You put up that crap item for a even amount of gold.
    Example: [Light Leather] Buyout 1500g
    Then you buy all Light Leathers and raise the price on all of them, very high.

Steps guide:
    1. Buy a cheap item.
    2. Put it out for a lot amount of gold.
    3. Buy all other auctions of that item. (Remember, do this from your friend's account!)
    4. Put them out for a high amount of gold. (Remember, do this from your friend's account! Don't put out both auctions on the same character!)
    5. The scammers will think it's a person that has bought gold from a website. Then they will search the Auction House for that item. As I mentioned earlier that item will be on sale for alot of gold, then they will buy it and you get profit!

Good luck! :wave:
    Last edited by Fintie123; 06-13-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: It had some flaws. All fixed now though, I hope :)

Auction House Scam (Scam the scammer)
    Viper23rd's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be me, but I don't quite understand the geniality of this scam.
    You're suggesting to purchase items, the same as the gold buyer has put up, and selling them for a more expensive price?

In my eyes, the only thing that's different from the 'usual' gold farmer scam, is that you buy out *all* items, rather than just one.
    Now, I fail to see how this would work, though.
    Why would anyone purchase a very expensive item, just to sell it again for the same amount?

Please, do enlighten me.

Thaelarion

Fintie123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I copied this from Zim619.
    The "AH scam" is when people buy gold from gold selling sites and put up junk items for ridiculous prices for the gold sellers to buy - you take advantage of this by making a character with almost the same name (say, replace "n" with "ñ" in a name like "Irnoob" which would become "Irñoob") and put up the same item for same amount of gold so the gold seller buys both yours and his item, meaning you get free gold.

If they you are going to scam have heard of that scam, they will look daily for auctions with crappy items selling for a even, high amount of gold. Example:
    [Chicken Egg] 10000g Buyout.
    Then they will buy that same item to put it out for the same amount of gold so they think they scammed the Goldfarmer.

So when they search for [Chicken Egg] they will buy it even if it costs 10g.
    This is what they think: 10000g - 10g = 9990g Profit.
    And if you have bought all auction's of that item, or farmed the item. You should be able to earn some easy gold.
    Last edited by Fintie123; 06-14-2008 at 05:33 AM.

MaqqiJoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might worj.