0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making gold using MIRC posing to be opposite faction and using the AH

Ok well this is a little plan I came up with a couple of night’s ago when I was short on gold , I know this is part of the AH scam post but where I managed to get someone to buy the item in the AH is Different and I believe it is not bannable because you don’t ask for anything in game so blizzard cant track it

Basically what I have noticed is many server’s have there own IRC channel which is full of both factions (Horde and Alliance ) this can usually be found on your Realms Forums on the World Of Warcraft Website .

What I did was buy the Orb of Deception from the alliance AH for around 250 g on my server (why I chose this is because it is quite rare and there wasn’t any others in the AH , what ever item you choose you must make sure there is no more in the AH )

Then I made a level 1 put the Orb of Deception on that character and put it in the AH for 1300 gold , and now where this scam takes place is I went on MIRC and pretended to be a Horde (it helps if you just choose a horde which is actually real and on your server encase they choose to look on Armoury) so for example I pretended to be called “Sibje” who was in the 3rd best guild on the horde side just so it looks genuine , I then asked if there was any Alliance on MIRC that were up for doing a bit of business (you will usually get several messages ) I then started asking them if they could look on there AH to see if there was any Orb of Deceptions for sale because I said “ The horde side AH was a bit dry and hasn’t had them for over 2 weeks “ they then will say “yes there is one here for 1300 g “ I then replied “ hmm that is pretty pricey alright , can you please buy the Orb of deception and put it in the Bootybay AH and I will pay 1600 g so you will make yourself a nice profit and I get this imba trinket <3 “ luckly for me they just said “yer sure” and then they brought it out the AH and to cut a long story short I made myself a nice 1050 g profit , I have done this several times now and made around 5300 g ,

You do not have to buy the item I chose or choose the amount to sell it for as I chose it is all up to you and how much you think they are idiots or not .

Hope this is not a repost any problems feel free to pm me

, lewboo

PS – mirc can be found at mirc.com

i took this off some wow forums it may help setting up / finding the channel you need for your server please visit forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=288930040&sid=1
    Last edited by lewboo; 04-10-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Making gold using MIRC posing to be opposite faction and using the AH
    Original Bacon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GENIOUS.

I used to do this in runescape by saying "hey can you buy this item for me and ill pay you XXX gold because im questing and have no transportation." then u have a friend saying Selling "Item name". and he sells it for a high price.

great +rep

Rubs90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a very good scam, but in which Mirc channel do you actually announce these things?

Runez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rubs90 View Post
    Seems like a very good scam, but in which Mirc channel do you actually announce these things?
    Hehe just what I wanted to ask as well after reading this..

What channels do you use?

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rubs90 View Post
    Hey there , it may be slighty diffrent if you are using american servers but for me im using Uk quakenet , ukquakenet.org also it may help looking at your realm forums becasue someone would usally say how to connect to your realms irc channel they are usally for example like this if your server was called mmowned you would jon channel #mmowned , hope this helped
    Last edited by lewboo; 04-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.

SmotPoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good scam but it only works on normal servers unless you have 2 accounts

Teh Megazord's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runescape XD

(filler)

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ben98902 View Post
    good scam but it only works on normal servers unless you have 2 accounts
    no it doesnt have to be on a normal server as i just pretend i am a horde and tell them to do the booty bay Ah trade (im on a pvp server)
    Last edited by lewboo; 04-12-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Harza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a nice one ! u prefer using that on a scammed account ?

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome man this is a great gold scam one of the best I have seen in the last couple of weeks, i was beginning to think that this scamming forum was going to hell you have just brought it up. This is not bannable in anyway because like you said you don't talk on wow.

unfortunately you posted this in the public section so it won't work in a week or two since everyone is going to do it. but still good scam way to think outside of the box

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Harza View Post
    thats a nice one ! u prefer using that on a scammed account ?
    Its not really needed becasue there is nothing wrong for putting osmething in the AH for a large sum of money , Blizzard dont have accsess to what you type in MIRC so there is nothing they can do
    Last edited by lewboo; 04-12-2008 at 05:56 PM.

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sineater213 View Post
    awesome man this is a great gold scam one of the best I have seen in the last couple of weeks, i was beginning to think that this scamming forum was going to hell you have just brought it up. This is not bannable in anyway because like you said you don't talk on wow.

unfortunately you posted this in the public section so it won't work in a week or two since everyone is going to do it. but still good scam way to think outside of the box
    yer i see what you mean Sineater about me posting in the public section , but the good thing is hopefully as long as other members in MIRC dont spread the word out saying they got scammed etc there should really be a problem and i think there is enough people on the servers to let this scamm last for some time

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick little update on my prgression with this scamm i have made over 11,000 Gold over 3 servers

Chyp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just truly awesome, what other items have you used?

lewboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also used the Recipe:Savory Deviate Delight and have also used alot of the Darkmoon deck's (Lunacy deck , Blessing Deck) for example buying it for 1000 g and re putting it in the AH for about 2000 gold , i would sugest using items which there wont be alot of or are very common becasue of them being suspicious of the price as well as incase some one else puts it in the AH .