Thanks G/R
    44/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The odds are against you, unless you ahve a very good understanding of the parameters. I am also sure blizz would note erroneous keys being entered over and over as well. I have a 2nd account i might try this on, if I had old timecards to play with and study.

TCG Loot Code Generation
    Rumblefish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by superxdude View Post
    The odds are against you, unless you ahve a very good understanding of the parameters. I am also sure blizz would note erroneous keys being entered over and over as well. I have a 2nd account i might try this on, if I had old timecards to play with and study.
    There was something like this with Windows Vista serial numbers.

Since the algorithm for their generation is known, a program was released that tried to activate your Windows key with Microsoft's servers over and over again until it hits a legit unused key in their database and then you got an activated, legit copy of Windows Vista with a genuine key.

They fixed it fast enough, though and now it won't work anymore.

Bottom line is this is not just plausible, but doable and it will work, but nobody is going to publicly release it, because once Blizzard find out what exactly is going on, they will be extremely fast to fix it as such practices are extremely destructive to their business and they will not only fix the exploit, but will probably send their lawyers immediately after the author because millions of subscriptions will be at risk. Just do the math how much profits they will miss if 10 000 000 people don't renew their $15 subs next month.

Obviously, these things do exist, but they will always be kept private.

EatMyCold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    There was something like this with Windows Vista serial numbers.

Since the algorithm for their generation is known, a program was released that tried to activate your Windows key with Microsoft's servers over and over again until it hits a legit unused key in their database and then you got an activated, legit copy of Windows Vista with a genuine key.

They fixed it fast enough, though and now it won't work anymore.

Bottom line is this is not just plausible,

Obviously, these things do exist, but they will always be kept private.
    I don't remember anything like that unless it was really early like right after it launched but actual server authentication sounds a little fishy to me. From what I remember, there's WAT Remover and for many other applications they have cracks that exploit the "offline activation" feature allowing you to unplug your internet before installation and choose offline activation usually from the help menu which allows the crack to make a change from the client side which will fool the server into thinking the product is already activated. It usually only works for the product itself though and not for any additional services that may come with the product such as certain online services for an adobe product.

And yeah it's an old thread but still just as valid/non valid

Alfalfa's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    70/79
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Johnnydk View Post
    They are just like the cd keys and time cards. A random code is generated and then added to blizzard's database, so it's impossible to generate working codes as there is no algorithm for it.
    But it's possible to come up with a key that hasn't been used

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12