4/12
    Trade Feedback
    68 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you play your class in wow ?

Ive been searching for my class after three months of playing, whenever i think i find it i choose a different one. I have a 80 rogue, warlock, and druid, i have a 90 warrior and a bunch of level 60 classes. The question is why do you play the class (or spec) that you do? I would love to hear the opinions of why you chose the class you love and what makes it different. For example some people love affliction warlocks because of the DoT aspect. I really would like to hear so maybe i could make a choice myself.

why do you play your class in wow ?
    jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    warlock my main
    druid 2nd main

first toons i leveld and love them to death, cleared every raid content with them from cata till now and still have as much fun as day 1.

bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno how someone's opinion on why they play a class would help u make your decision on a class but here's my story.

I started playing due to a friend when wotlk had just been released. Mind u I knew nothing of this game except that it was an rpg that had other players u played with. My friends main was a rogue so he told me to start a night elf rogue. I thoroughly enjoyed it because stealthing made leveling and traveling/exploring much easier and plus the single target damage from a rogue at that time was second to none. I finally hit level 80 but never really raided because my friend was a part of this super guild who were picky elitists. So I decided to use my time to run lower level dungeons and make gold selling BoEs. It was then that I realized the time it took to do this was not even worth it because rogues had no AoE damage at that time. So I decided to roll a DK. Took him to level 80 as well and felt like a god everywhere I went. The AoE damage and dungeons run netted me a lot of gold which I used for gear or rare pet/mounts. But then I grew bored of him and went right back to my rouge when Fan of Knives was introduced. I haven't touched my DK since because he's just boring to use. I used my rogue for raiding in cata but I wasn't really that much into the game anymore so I really didn't get much raid gear. By the way, I ran nothing but combat spec because it was the best spec for PvE at the time. When MoP dropped I decided to take it up a notch and try out PvP. I soon realized how shitty combat rogues were in PvP so i did some research and went subtlety. I fell in love with my rogue all over again. Wow what a fun spec this is! It was more challenging then combat and the burst was amazing and your role as a rogue in PvP made u feel useful and not just some dead brain dps guy. I enjoyed him up until WoD and leveled him to 100 but wanted to get back into raiding and have PvP take a back seat. But I swore to never go back to the boring dull combat spec. Sadly, subtlety isn't as substainable in damage as assassination or combat in PvE so I kind of left my rogue sitting at level 100. With no raid gear at all.

I decided to take a different approach and run a range class so I went with hunter as it's been said the easiest class to play and learn(they weren't lying). To top it off their damage is up there as well. I leveled as a MM due to one shotting almost everything with aimed shot. Then i did dungeons and LFR as Survival. Now I'm ilvl 654 and run BM because it's more challenging an funner to play. Honestly I'm having just as much fun playing hunter as i did when I first played a rogue. I attend to gear my rogue but not until I get bored of my hunter which I don't see happening anytime soon (having a pet as a mini tank makes soloing things much easier)

So my main is a Subtlety rogue and my second main is a BM hunter

Hope this helps but just play whatever u enjoy
    Last edited by bboystyle82; 04-24-2015 at 05:10 AM.

MmoGah_com's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/12
    Trade Feedback
    68 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your sharing experiences. i think its useful for me

Hyperbeist's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    6/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legion made me reroll from lock to druid. Since the only "viable" spec in my opinion was destro back in the days. Was tons of fun, but like the 3 last xpacs it has only gone downhill. And legion makes it a super-RNG-based spec, and my personal RNG is shit, so time to bail my warlock.
    Reason why I changed to druid is, I love being usefull, and 4 roles in 1 class seems like a solid choice.

Xecis's Avatar Legendary CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    36/113
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mage, because teleport hack doesn't work across map ID's.

7. Thanks Dovah (1 members gave Thanks to Xecis for this useful post)
    bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hyperbeist View Post
    Legion made me reroll from lock to druid. Since the only "viable" spec in my opinion was destro back in the days. Was tons of fun, but like the 3 last xpacs it has only gone downhill. And legion makes it a super-RNG-based spec, and my personal RNG is shit, so time to bail my warlock.
    Reason why I changed to druid is, I love being usefull, and 4 roles in 1 class seems like a solid choice.

umm Dunno if u pvp or not but Afflicition Locks are not useless and are a priority.

riotlev's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    14/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demon Hunter cause its alllot of fun, but i am a Paladin in my. Hearth [emoji16]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

flashburn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Druid with engineering - I was a mage before but in legion I wanted the most fun class - turn into a cat / bear / bird / tree / stag and owl thing plus engineering fun = winning

Also, as balance throwing an entire moon at a mob is fun