0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold Scam Summary

Hey! i really would like a sumary of all possible Gold/Enchant....scams at the moment i farm for my epic mount and im using the backsapce scam but are there better ways?? lets write a summary and make it sticky i will edit anytime therey a new post^^

..bad english =(

Gold Scam Summary
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TRADE SCAM

Today, i made 500 gold in 5 minutes, 5 minutes!!!
    Elemental mage staff
    Maature Sinew and
    Dwarf hand cannon

how? yes let me explain...

1. First of all you should have a high lvl Characte with atleast 500 gold (works if you dont have that much too)

2. Make an "alt" account, lvl 1.. find a good name for it, so people see that you have cash there. My lvl 1 is called " noxbank " " wwbank " and " mulee "

3. Send all your cash from your high lvl over to your lvl 1 " alt "

4. Now log on your " alt " char and pick up the gold you sent to him.

5. Go to the auction house, and do " search " " epic "

6. Then you will find for example " krol blade "

7. " krol blade " sold by " martin " " 500 gold bid 550 gold buyout "

8. Write /w martin Hi, do you want to see Krol blade for 500 Gold?

9. Martin whisper: Sure, i come to ironforge now.

10. /w martin Ok, meet me on ironforge bridge.

11. When you meet " martin " put in 500gold in the trade window

12. YOU MUST PUT IN 500 GOLD BEFORE HE PUT IN HES KROL BLADE

13. When you have 500 gold in the trade window, be ready to remove some of your cash

14. if you have in 500 gold in the trade window, be ready to remove " 50(0) " so you just pay 50 gold.

15. So when you have putted in 500 gold, and exactly when he put in the krol blade, the hit ACCEPT! then hit BACKSPACE, and hit ACCEPT FAST!

16. Martin will hit accept when he see your wwindow green, so he makes ready, but you remove 50(0) gold and he does not see that!

16. Now you just pay 50 gold for the krol blade!!! omg =O

This works 100%, if something is uncleared, ask! i have used this so many times, and it works like a charm!

Enjoy!

edit: You wont get banned by this
    You wont get temp banned by this
    You wont get a warning by this

when someone report it to a game master the gamemaster say:
    "sorry we cant do anything about this, we ask you to be more careful while trading other players

vid of how to scam
    http://rapidshare.de/files/19213642/video.wmv

STEAL INGREDIENTS (piss ppl off)

So a while back (a couple months ago) I got bored and started trying to piss people off. Here are some easy steps to get lots of money, but at the cost of your reputation.

1. Go to Orgrimmar/Ironforge
    2. Type /2 Selling Enchant combines PST or Selling arcanite transmute (not at the same time) You can also answer people who are looking for stuff.
    3. When someone replys, say you can do it for them if they have the mats, be friendly, but not too friendly.
    4. Open trade window, wait for them to put the mats in, and hit accept.

PS: You might wanna use an alt if u care about ur reputation.

You now have some new stuff, go sell it real quick and real cheep. I got a 3 day suspention after a week of this, and they took back a whole 10 gold (made around 150-200) The money isnt even the best part, its watching them scream about it and threaten to get me banned, then once a week or so i log in and say hello. Have fun, it's so easy you almost feel sorry for them.

GIFT METHOD/WRAPPING METHOD

1. Purchase some wrapping paper from an Inn (Sells in Goldshire for sure, and most Inn's)
    2. Goto Ironforge or Orgrimmar
    3. Goto an Auction House
    4. Find an epic thats buyout is for around 200g
    5. In trade channel say "WTS [Epic] 150g! Hurry!"
    6. When someone sends you a tell saying they wanna buy it, tell them you gotta go and you will mail it to them.
    7. Wrap up some crappy weapon in the paper.
    8. Send it to your victim.
    9. Log on later, and open up your mail. You might just be 150g richer!

This works about 5% of the time (1/20), but, still possible. Its very good to just do this on an alt so people don't trust your main account.
    You MAY get a warning/suspention or even a ban (unlikely), use at own risk.

SCAM BEGGERS

1. Wait for the eventual "Gold plx" whisper to appear

2. Reply with "Sure, but I need 50 silver to repair an item. Once its repaired I'll sell it for 5g, then i'll give you 2g"

3. Greedy begger hands over the money

4. /ignore begger

THE PIRATE SCAM

Very simple, takes a bit of time (a day at the most, an hour at the least).

Idea: You get a letter from Cuergo. Upon opening you see a note and an item with the name of "Cuergo's Hidden Treasure" with a 10 gold COD on it. You take it only to find out its filled with some greys an some ale.

The takedown: Make a toon named Cuergo on your server, if the names taken already (wasn't on mine..) then put an accent mark about the u, e, or o. Go buy (or make) a Cuergo's Treasure Map (wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=9254). I got mine for 1g on the AH. Next complete it, takes about 5 minutes... take the Hidden Treasure, but DO NOT, take everything out of the box. What you leave for your victem is up to you, but there needs to be at least 1 thing in the box still. Send the box to your alt named Cuergo, and put a 10g (or whatever you want..). In the Subject leave the name Cuergo's Hidden Treasure, and attach this into the note:

Ahoy [Victems Name]. I be seein' that ye be havin' found me booty map. Be ye supprised when ye came t' come across thar be nothin' at th` wreck site? Figgures...

I felt bad so me an' th` rest o` me buccanneer buddied be havin' decided t' send ye th` real chest. Oh come on now, nothin' in Azeroth be free! Bah! I be thinkin'.. me buccanneers chest here tookst about a voyage o` work, sailin' through th` Malestrom, an' into th` Twistin' Nether, so th` only fair price I could come across be ten dubloon pieces.

Enjoy [Victems Name],
    Cuergo, th` One eye`d buccanneer

After that, send away and wait for the free gold
    So far I've made 10g (only done this once) but its worked and way.. way to easy.
    Note: I made up that shity RP story and found some english to pirate (honestly.. who makes these things??) translator... Feel free to edit it however you like.

SCAM STUPID PLAYERS

1) Send a note to one of your characters. Cost you 30c.
    2) Make a copy (save a copy of your mail).
    3) Post it in the AH for 95s.

Don't get greedy and post a bunch at once, just post them one at a time. Not sure what the hell people think they're buying but they seem to always sell.

WIZARD OIL SCAM

Take a Wizard Oil that you've used four charges of already and want to sell it at full price, or do you want to make sure you don't get scammed?

Well then, advertise in trade using a wizard oil, or other chargeable item that still has it's full five charges.
    when someone is willing to buy this is what you do: In the trade window only put up the Wizard Oil with one charge on it, since it only shows that it's Wizard Oil and it does not show the number of charges in trade.

You have sold a wizard oil charged the buyer for a wizard oil with 5 charges left, and you've sold him/her one with only 1 charge left =D

PS: This can be used with other ”charges” items as well.

GIFT METHOD/WRAPPING METHOD 2

ok so we all know how much we would love to c mail in our box ingame from say oo king magni or the lil king of stormwind just make an alt with an important char name like one of those and send random cheap stuff to people cod of like 10g ill try and let ya know how well works.
    ps: SEEMS more effective when wrapping something before sending it cod

I CAN IN NO WAY TAKE THE CREDIT FOR ALL OF THESE EXPLOITS, I SIMPLY PUT THEM TOGETHER INTO A BIG THREAD.. PM ME IF I MISSED ONE!
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 05-31-2006 at 05:31 AM.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work Kurios.

Thread moved to General because its a question. EXPLOIT THREAD IS RELEASE ONLY. READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Maybe people will start listening??

IXConstantineIX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just made 100g off the pirate scam