Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing with a 3D mouse ?

Hello

I work in a company which has created a 3D mouse designed for graphic designers and 3D designers. I find the format suitable for video games and I would like to know your opinion on the subject.

Our mouse is called "Lexip 3D", it has a joystick and a tilt allowing movements in 3 dimensions on 6 axes. Companies like Dassault Systems have had the opportunity to work with.

Today, we don‘t sell this product anymore but we are working on a new basis for our professional target. On my side, I would like to present some mouse’s configurations on video games to my superiors to propose the development of a Lexip gaming mouse. I had the opportunity to do some tests on your game: http://www.ark-innovation.com/img/gifs/WoW.gif

You can set the tilt, the joystick, the buttons as well as the classic keys of the mouse (X/Y axis, left/right clic).

As regular players, what do you think of our mouse?
    Would it be interesting for World of Warcraft or other MMORPG?
    Do you have any configuration ideas?

I look forward to talk with you !

Playing with a 3D mouse ?
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm all for trying to invent something new, however I don't think I would feel comfortable using something like this. Muscles to move the mouse left/right versus titling the mouse seem to put strains on my wrist that do not feel natural.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

3. Thanks HansC (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only real way i see this working is is you use a part of the body for the tilting other than that which is controlled by muscle.
    i naturally rest the right side of my wrist on my desk while using a mouse however it is almost no effort to lift it to push the mouse.
    if you were to use this to apply and remove pressure from the mouse rather than using the forearm muscles that would prevent a ton of muscle strain.
    that would allow for people to use this mouse all day. i kinda like the idea but if there was a way to take the 3d controls from the rift and use one as a mouse with multiple buttons, well then you could play without dragging anything anywhere. including lifting my hand at all. could literally have everything you need at your fingertips. i believe that is what we need.