Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legion Patches - Lots of Content or Lots of Filler?

I was having this discussion with some of my friends about the current state of WoW, the pre-Legion promise for regular content updates and faster patch cycles, and what we've been given by Blizzard in the last year or so.

Nobody can deny that there's been lots of content added, that there's been faster patches and more new types of gameplay than any prior expansion. But that begs the question - does anyone care? Is it any good? Does it keep you interested and wanting to play?

I think its mostly just filler trash. For me, I see content as something that I can study, play repeatedly and master. Things like dungeons and raids, battlegrounds and arenas, world events that scale in difficulty. They have to be repeatable, give rewards for progress (gear, achievements, toys, mounts) and require learning something. Or just something I can farm for something that is actually rare, cool or just plain requires dedication and time.

Content for me is not recycling Black Temple which I did 10 years ago. Not a once-a-month event at Darkmoon Faire to maybe get an item which I probably won't ever transmog to. Not more daily quests that give me more gold/gear/currency I don't need. Not a fashion tournament to show off my obsessive 12 years of collecting items.

Its neat that they added those things. People do enjoy them. I enjoy them once or twice, but I wouldn't classify it as content. It's more of an event. Nobody is farming, studying and mastering the dance studio or the trial of style. BT was cool for getting some gear on alts - on the once every four months it actually opens up, which by next time nobody will care about ilvl 900 since people will be farming ToS normal mode with overgeared players in 45 minutes. PvP Brawls would be cool if they were always available and you got a random one each time. I have no idea why they limited it to every other week. I don't even do pet battles outside of getting the achievements once so don't care about that at all.

I guess what I'm saying is that they've added a lot of content - just nothing that makes me want to play.

7.3 looks like it might have something with the invasion points, but I don't know. If there's nothing cool as a reward, there's no point.

How do you guys feel about it?

Legion Patches - Lots of Content or Lots of Filler?
  2. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a rough relationship with Legion. On one end I find the expansion just amazing. The raiding, the class halls, artifact weapons, legendaries ( even the rng ), and so on. There is so much juice to this expansion that just hasn't been in the last few. But on the other end your right. A lot of what they are adding feels like filler. I find myself already fiending the next expansion and were on the horizon for one of the biggest patches in WoW history for this one....but I just know as big and visually pleasing as it is, as lore rich as it is, and as cool as the extra stuff they add is (that I will do once or twice for funsies), that I will just be back to the grind of Mythic + spamming and Raiding Progression and the rest wont matter.

Its a very interesting point of conversation. I assume that it 100% depends on the type of player you are. If your hardcore, your just stuck raiding and mythic + spamming to speed up progression all to do sales for the last month or so. If your a casual than all this filler probably keeps you busy until your hands fall off.

Personally one addition I would love for them to add is challenge modes again. I KNOW mythic + is legit similar but I would love a static gear scale mythic + like Cmodes. Where you have to use toys, and random shit to do stuff in each instance to hit the timers. That would be something I could sink my teeth into outside raiding.

EDIT: One thing I always like to add in these types of conversations is if were going to criticize Blizzard or WoW in general we should also add what we think needs to change to fix it. Like Smitten's suggestion of PVP brawls and how silly it is that they are not up all the time (totally agree). And that a simple change like that could allow her to enjoy the game more.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 07-19-2017 at 08:49 PM.