0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought account was recovered

The person who did it will probably be laughing considering they sold it here. Oh well I guess..

So I purchased an account, and the original owner recovered it via their ID (according to the GM I spoke with). There's basically nothing I can do it this point since obviously I can't prove that I'm the original owner.

So this leads me to the question: is it even possibly to safely buy accounts? How safe are character transfers? If somebody sells their character for account transfer, could they recover that as well?

Also, would it be safe for me to buy another account? Is it possible that since I spoke with Blizzard, maybe they're tracking my IP now? It'd look awfully fishy if all of a sudden I was logging into another account.
    Last edited by wosuriv; 06-30-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Bought account was recovered
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's safe to buy accounts if you buy them from a reliable seller; if you bought the account on here you can report them as a scammer with proof.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

wosuriv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    It's safe to buy accounts if you buy them from a reliable seller; if you bought the account on here you can report them as a scammer with proof.
    The seller has loads of positive feedback and no negative, the GM I spoke with said that the original owner used their ID to regain the account.

tantos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty easy to recover your account. I once traded my Wow account for a steam account with GTA 4 time ago. The other guy just tookt he wow account and didnt give me the Steam account.

I wrote a ticket that i have been hacked and they just wanted my ID. I sent them it and the changed everything. From password to email, Security Questions and even CD Keys activated on my account.

sharkyx1x's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wosuriv View Post
    The person who did it will probably be laughing considering they sold it here. Oh well I guess..

So I purchased an account, and the original owner recovered it via their ID (according to the GM I spoke with). There's basically nothing I can do it this point since obviously I can't prove that I'm the original owner.

So this leads me to the question: is it even possibly to safely buy accounts? How safe are character transfers? If somebody sells their character for account transfer, could they recover that as well?

Also, would it be safe for me to buy another account? Is it possible that since I spoke with Blizzard, maybe they're tracking my IP now? It'd look awfully fishy if all of a sudden I was logging into another account.
    No, it is never 100% safe. I had an account recovered about 2 years after i bought it. Since i knew i couldn't get it back i kept submitting account recovery stuff and ultimately flat told them the account was tied up between 2 people via a purchase . They can look at logs and 1+1 after that. The account was banned. If i wasn't getting it back neither were they, i would suggest do everything you can to get it banned.

The seller in my case was from here and also had great feedback.

~Z~'s Avatar Contributor .-={ (.") Z (".) }=-. CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    201/20
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wosuriv View Post
    The seller has loads of positive feedback and no negative, the GM I spoke with said that the original owner used their ID to regain the account.
    Did u contact the seller?
    Most of them are re-sellers here, maybe he can fix the issue for you.
    English is not my native language.

wosuriv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~Z~ View Post
    Did u contact the seller?
    Most of them are re-sellers here, maybe he can fix the issue for you.
    Yeah they just aren't home yet, I'm sure it will get sorted out, I'm just trying to figure out the safest option (transfer vs account).

whatthehellwasthat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who was the seller?

wosuriv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to share just yet unless this ends negatively as it's a PR issue now

Scumstation's Avatar Super Moderator ♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    82/163
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get it resolved? I'd imagine it's a re-seller who sold you the account and the OO decided he wanted the account back (dick move) but as people have said, no way to be 100% safe with these sorts of things, sometimes you have to cut your losses and decide if its even worth it in the future.

Bsmunban's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When buying accounts as most people here have stated there's no "guarantee" that the account will forever remain safe. Buying from reliable account sellers however does increase the safety of this due to them dealing with suppliers who are deemed more reliable hence reducing the chance of this occurring.

Unfortunately this did happen to you but simply speaking with the re seller you purchased it from and resolving it with them should grant you a refund, especially if the account was purchased not too long ago. I wouldn't say for this to deter you from buying accounts in the future as the majority of account purchasing is rather safe. however as Burials stated sometimes you just have to accept that this is part of the deal.

Hopefully things get sorted for you!

Good luck.
    Providing reliable and trustworthy unbanning services for Diablo 3 and World Of Warcraft. An account master, offering various account services.
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...g-service.html

HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi! I recommed you not to buy just account, buy character! You can make new account with same name and surname as a seller, and it will be very hard for him to recover his character in case he transferred it. But with support, all is possible, so you must buy account or character buy good websites with reputation, that guarantee safety. Also I recommend to use paypal defence for account buying, so you can chargeback your money from the seller, and it will be your guarantee .Hope it helps

sharkyx1x's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Burials View Post
    Did you get it resolved? I'd imagine it's a re-seller who sold you the account and the OO decided he wanted the account back (dick move) but as people have said, no way to be 100% safe with these sorts of things, sometimes you have to cut your losses and decide if its even worth it in the future.
    I am curious about this also.