Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safest way to buy boosts?

Hi!

As many of you probably know, Blizzard recently posted a notification where they've cracked down on people selling boosts for real money. Now I'm worried, considering I've had plans to resume buying boosts, namely for PVP mounts, where the sellers usually require you to allow account-sharing.

Here's a link to the post; Recent Action Against Real-Money Raid Clears - MMO-Champion

My question now is, what's the safest way to purchase boosts? Should I create another Battle.net with the same last name as my main account and use that for boost purchases or should I start requiring that there's no account-sharing in boosts I buy?

Safest way to buy boosts?
    Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a dummy account on your bnet is a good one. Everyone that sells boosts for gold will offer self play so just buying a lot of gold is an easy route.

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizz just wants a cut, so they are pushing players to buy gold from them.

selling those things in exchange for in-game gold is perfectly legitimate.
    If you are going to take a gamble, try trading a friend all your gold and see if that helps XD

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if you have other accounts on the same battle.net account.. were things needing to be permed I'll call it.. shouts to the D2 players ;-) just a rumor ?

That being if 1 account acquires things.. & gets banned.. it is all lost if no other accounts on the b.net have logged in during that time ..

Anybody know if that's definitely not a thing ?

Anyway.. to answer with an answer.. I'd definitely go more towards the self play route.. a strange IP or attempts at disguising an IP look far shadier than you playing with anyone regardless their location..

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just link another account to your bnet and do it that way. Everything is shared, plus you can mail the mount tokens to your main to use there,

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legion Developer PvP Q&A - Brian Holinka - MMO-Champion

Nice to see that pvp mounts will be account wide in 7.2, if only they allowed glad mounts ;(

Jotta2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the posts guys.

Now that I'm looking around, it seems everyone selling Vicious saddles do it for a) Real money, and b) with account sharing as the only option...
    Perhaps more sellers will start offering more secure means of carrying out boosts now that it's clear Blizzard's putting their foot down thanks to the WoW token... Yes, I 100% believe they're only laying down the law now because they'd rather see people buy gold from them with real cash and getting boosts for gold.

Does anyone know if perhaps it would be possible to create a new Battle.net account with the same surname and last name , have a character boosted for a Vicious saddle, and then move that character to my main Battle.net account with the saddle in its bags...?
    Last edited by Jotta2; 03-09-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jotta2 View Post
    Thanks for the posts guys.

Now that I'm looking around, it seems everyone selling Vicious saddles do it for a) Real money, and b) with account sharing as the only option...
    Perhaps more sellers will start offering more secure means of carrying out boosts now that it's clear Blizzard's putting their foot down thanks to the WoW token... Yes, I 100% believe they're only laying down the law now because they'd rather see people buy gold from them with real cash and getting boosts for gold.

Does anyone know if perhaps it would be possible to create a new Battle.net account with the same surname and last name , have a character boosted for a Vicious saddle, and then move that character to my main Battle.net account with the saddle in its bags...?
    Tat would work as long as first and last name match you can transfer a character from one bnet to another and it would probably be safer with the whole IP thing.

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy boost from streamers. Like MELK-trupp if you are located in germany/EU or any other greater services. Their advertisment might not "look" AAA+ (last I've checked 1.5-2years ago) but their service is. So it will be with others aswell. I've had bad experience with sailes that look too good to be true. Unfortunatelly.. or fortunatelly for them.. those who are new to the business fall for them. And so they keep themselves alive, somehow. Dont want something super cheap, go with what has proven to be working over time. If you want quality, you then pay what-5euros more? yes but you're not getting ripped off.

slashdash7's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either buy from Blazingboost as they have software for making it look like it's played from your computer or buying from someone that is using premium VPN & scripts to mimic your IP address and location so blizzard can't recognize the change.