26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level 89 player, wearing 101 epics?

I just ran across a person in a low level battleground who had gear they could not possibly equip; Serrinne's Maleficent Habit - Item - World of Warcraft, Talisman of Jaimil Lightheart - Item - World of Warcraft, and so on. All ilvl 740, requiring level 101, and almost every slot was using an item of this level. This was in a low level battleground at level 89.

How is that even possible? I'm not sure if linking armory pages is allowed, so I'll refrain from doing so, but I'm definitely not hallucinating when a dude has 74.9% crit, 105% haste, and 47% mastery at level 89. It just doesn't make sense. I would've reported them since it felt like cheating, but I was just in awe the entire time.

EDIT:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Scrulliez/simple

Here's the player in question. Thanks for clarifying if it was allowed to link the armory page.
    Last edited by SuddenlyBRAINS; 02-27-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Level 89 player, wearing 101 epics?
  2. Thanks phantom325, Falkeid, Honor777 (3 members gave Thanks to SuddenlyBRAINS for this useful post)
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linking armory is allowed yeah, and would show proof. Interesting stats though

SuddenlyBRAINS's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, wasn't sure. Updated the first post with the link.

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting. Going to try to do some testing exploiting pvp stuff.

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe boosted to 100, leveled to 101 and than at some point reverted to boost and managed to keep the eq without getting banned

7. Thanks crunk001 (1 members gave Thanks to JhonnyQ for this useful post)
    Romath's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    162/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've gathered from comments and twink website info it is that Legion BoE scaling drops scale down as low as level 89. It seems it is one of 2 things.

Theory one, some mobs in Broken Isles scale down to level 89 and can be killed on a level 89 to get these drops.

Theory two and imo the more likely one. Mobs only scale down to 98 but a level 89 is just high enough to get exp from the mobs and not be skulls so they are eligible to get these BoEs scaled down to them. This means you need to get a level 89, shut off exp, get a portal to new Dal, glide off, find a spot and have a level 100-110 kill for you and pray to RNGesus you get a BoE.

A lot of work but people will probably pay a lot for these broken items or you can use them for some crazy OP 89 twinking.

Hope someone is able to get it to work, I'd hurry since this is spreading quick!

9. Thanks crunk001 (1 members gave Thanks to Romath for this useful post)
    Falkeid's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    32/75
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very interesting indeed! Would love to see any confirmation on how this works!
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

neuron's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a idea, but why doesn't someone here with a US account just create a char on his server and ask the person how he did it? Might be just that simple to figure out how he did it!

Don't have a US account myself.

Zinqa's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are world drops and scales to item level 740 which is still sick, you can only loot the mobs within 9 levels of the mobs level which means 89 is the lowest lvl.
    Last edited by Zinqa; 02-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romath View Post
    From what I've gathered from comments and twink website info it is that Legion BoE scaling drops scale down as low as level 89. It seems it is one of 2 things.

Theory one, some mobs in Broken Isles scale down to level 89 and can be killed on a level 89 to get these drops.

Theory two and imo the more likely one. Mobs only scale down to 98 but a level 89 is just high enough to get exp from the mobs and not be skulls so they are eligible to get these BoEs scaled down to them. This means you need to get a level 89, shut off exp, get a portal to new Dal, glide off, find a spot and have a level 100-110 kill for you and pray to RNGesus you get a BoE.

A lot of work but people will probably pay a lot for these broken items or you can use them for some crazy OP 89 twinking.

Hope someone is able to get it to work, I'd hurry since this is spreading quick!
    That would take non stop a hundred hours to farm a full set though. Just doesn't seem practical, especially since blizz can make all that work obsolete with the flick of their wrist.

Hapiguy's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    42/15
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Honor777 View Post
    That would take non stop a hundred hours to farm a full set though. Just doesn't seem practical, especially since blizz can make all that work obsolete with the flick of their wrist.
    and until it's more widestream, they won't bother...
    However, once there is a QQ army about these sort of 'exploits'... you know how Blizz likes to cater to the crybabies!
    Looking for a BADASS service provider on World of Warcraft - US??
    Check here!!
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo...-karazhan.html
    Great prices, and A+++++ Service!!!

Yori89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuddenlyBRAINS View Post
    I just ran across a person in a low level battleground who had gear they could not possibly equip; Serrinne's Maleficent Habit - Item - World of Warcraft, Talisman of Jaimil Lightheart - Item - World of Warcraft, and so on. All ilvl 740, requiring level 101, and almost every slot was using an item of this level. This was in a low level battleground at level 89.

How is that even possible? I'm not sure if linking armory pages is allowed, so I'll refrain from doing so, but I'm definitely not hallucinating when a dude has 74.9% crit, 105% haste, and 47% mastery at level 89. It just doesn't make sense. I would've reported them since it felt like cheating, but I was just in awe the entire time.

EDIT:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Scrulliez/simple

Here's the player in question. Thanks for clarifying if it was allowed to link the armory page.
    Hey,

You can simply buy this stuff from the AH. I did that with my main + enchanted it and then send it to my alt which pwned in bg's until i got bored of it. Grtz

Yori89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And psssst don't tell anyone

SuddenlyBRAINS's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JhonnQ: That sounds reasonable, but how do you get a boost revoked? Just ask a GM for a refund or something? I'm not familiar with that sort of thing.

Romath: Both sound possible, but the items have a default required level of 101 in the database.

Yori89, that can't possibly be true. The items specifically state that it requires level 101. You don't just simply equip them like that unless you're the right level to do so.

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After short research on their realm, I found the following:

There is "a guild" with plenty of lvl 89 and lvl 99 characters with obviously stopped experience, most of which are full of BOE items.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/th...sort=lvl&dir=a

While I monitored for several hours on their realm - 2x89 + 2x99 were continuously farming in Highmountain spot. Most likely they have automated this in some kind of synergy - From their armory statistics, they loot an epic BOE every few to several hours, having a skinner with topped skills for level 89, an enchatter with topped skills for disenchant and others had not professions even.
    The skinner was almost naked - just in looms, but with 4x30slot bags, definitely toon dedicated to loot and skin, while the other was dedicated to kill-only in their farm spot, or so.

This for now.

P.S. Tried to check the popular spots for farming in Highmountain, but was not able to travel there on my testing toons to check them our, so far, will attempt again tommorow.

19. Thanks Honor777, phantom325, artemarkantos (3 members gave Thanks to Cecu for this useful post)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast