Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character valuation

Hi guys

I'm wanting to sell off my two main characters as I won't be playing the game much longer due to real life stuff however I do want to keep my battlenet account.

Would someone who is in the character/account business for wow tell me a rough idea how much each one is worth.

Balance Druid 905ilvl equipped, 912 overall, 4 legionaries including the best 3, helm, ring, wrist and neck. It was both MOP & WOD CM gear. Level 54 artifact power, 35 in Resto and 22 in tank. 6/10 Mythic at the moment.

Warlock 899ilvl equipped, 906 overall, 4 legionaries, BIS demo shoulders, neck, feet and haste ring. Both MOP & WOD CM gear. 54 in destro weapon, 37 in demo.

Both characters have been in top tier oceanic raiding guilds since MOP and have all cutting edge achievements

Not sure what mounts will be transferred over with characters however my account has 287 mounts including most of the MOP CM ones, both Time lost drake & Aeonaxx. Almost every raid boss mount in the game as well.

If anyone needs anymore info please let me know. .

PS I'm not trying to sell them in this thread, just want a rough idea how much they might be worth

Character valuation
    AccountShark's Avatar OwnedCore Helper 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    98/223
    Trade Feedback
    199 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, account merchant here. Valuation is pretty subjective. It depends on how you're selling (the character individually or the account altogether) and who you're selling to. Resellers like myself won't pay as much compared to individuals, but they're generally safer to deal with. Mounts and other account-bound features are not transferable unless the character itself earned them (i.e. PvP mounts, meta-achievement dungeon & raid mounts, etc.) which can affect the price dramatically. Comparing your account and character to similar ones online is a decent vantage point, but keep in mind that everything is subjective, and what is worth thousands to someone might realistically only be worth hundreds to the general population. A good example would be the people who valuate their accounts with a "Swift Spectral Tiger" at $800+ because the unused collectible TCG card sells for that much on eBay, when in reality most people picked up a mount for dirt cheap in-game on the Auction House when they were being heavily duped in previous expansions.

Bottom line, it's pretty much up to you how much your account or character is worth. That answer is pretty general, but I can give you more concrete information via PM or Skype if you'd like to get a more specific answer. I've dealt in 200+ accounts, and I'm still actively selling in the current meta, so I can give you a pretty accurate appraisal if you're wanting one. That way you'll get two perspectives: how much a reseller like myself would pay versus how much I've sold similar characters for to actual players. Prefer to not publicly publicize how much I pay for my inventory versus how much I sell for if it can be avoided.
    Last edited by AccountShark; 02-23-2017 at 03:14 AM.

AccountShark's Avatar OwnedCore Helper 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    98/223
    Trade Feedback
    199 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I probably should have asked first, but if your account is EU and not US you can disregard almost everything I said. The transfer rules might still apply but I'm not 100% certain. The EU market is vastly different due to a higher quantity of quality accounts and characters than the US market.

jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Charax View Post
    Also, I probably should have asked first, but if your account is EU and not US you can disregard almost everything I said. The transfer rules might still apply but I'm not 100% certain. The EU market is vastly different due to a higher quantity of quality accounts and characters than the US market.
    Thanks for your reply. Once I'm home from work i'll be in touch but yes I'm Oceanic which is US not EU.

Thanks

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmyamd View Post
    Not sure what mounts will be transferred over with characters
    I can tell you with certainty absolutely nothing transferred over when I made a 2nd "safe" b.net account I don't cheat on..

Which is actually something I'm pretty sore about.. would like to dupe my mounts & what not to my 2nd b.net.. all in my name too.. like yours would have to be to sell the characters..

If it's a new change that characters are supposed to take things with them.. mebbe that's worth making a ticket about even if I'd have to link the accounts to do so :-/